Page 1 of 1

Blubster 1.2.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:49 pm
by P2P_G
Can everyone give me an link to download Blubster 1.2.3 ??? plzz
is it good ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:50 pm
by ToM
I have it.. just a sec.

It *was* good. No multi-source searching though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:51 pm
by P2P_G
ToM wrote:I have it.. just a sec.

It *was* good. No multi-source searching though.


Okey :) but it has no spyware ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:56 pm
by ToM
No spyware or ads. It was nice and simple. :)

Link: http://tom0385.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mis ... v1.2.3.exe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:00 pm
by P2P_G
ToM wrote:No spyware or ads. It was nice and simple. :)

Link: http://tom0385.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mis ... v1.2.3.exe


Hehehe okej gonna try it out now :) but then i have to go to sleep :P hehe slyck.com is best! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:30 am
by P2P_G
It is so good! it is fast,good results and it doesent hack my computer like the other mp2p clients ;)

Not Spam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:45 am
by SickTom
_Mp2p_ wrote:It is so good! it is fast,good results and it doesent hack my computer like the other mp2p clients ;)


At last, spam for a anonymous p2p file sharing application that works!

I'm going to try it.

Is there a website for this clean version?

I don't think it's a good idea to just download an exe even if Slyck approves of it.

Re: Not Spam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:15 am
by ToM
SickTom wrote:
_Mp2p_ wrote:It is so good! it is fast,good results and it doesent hack my computer like the other mp2p clients ;)


At last, spam for a anonymous p2p file sharing application that works!

I'm going to try it.

Is there a website for this clean version?

I don't think it's a good idea to just download an exe even if Slyck approves of it.


Um, there's nothing 'anonymous' about Blubster 1.2.3. It's the original MP2P client from way back when (years ago).

And there's no 'clean' version as 1.2.3 never contained anything but the actual application.

Anonymous P2P?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:23 am
by SickTom
Blubster program, is a world-leading provider of peer-to-peer technology. Blubster enables musicians and fans, through a serverless and anonymous peer-to-peer network, to share MP3 and OGG files over the Internet.


source: http://www.blubster.com/press1.html and http://www.blubster.com/v2/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:29 am
by ToM
The anonymous claims were slick marketing by Optisoft (the guys who have the rights to Blubster). The developer, Pablo Soto, coded 3 clients - Piolet (his own, spyware-free client), Blubster (for the company Optisoft) and RockItNet (for another company). Basically the clients were licenced to others, but Pablo kept his own release going in the form of Piolet.

Years ago Blubster was the only client to connect to MP2P. The last (and most well-known) release of Blubster before Pablo left Optisoft was version 1.2.3.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:33 am
by SickTom
ToM wrote:The anonymous claims were slick marketing by Optisoft (the guys who have the rights to Blubster). The developer, Pablo Soto, coded 3 clients - Piolet (his own, spyware-free client), Blubster (for the company Optisoft) and RockItNet (for another company). Basically the clients were licenced to others, but Pablo kept his own release going in the form of Piolet.

Years ago Blubster was the only client to connect to MP2P. The last (and most well-known) release of Blubster before Pablo left Optisoft was version 1.2.3.


So it was a lie - great marketing (very slick)!

OK I'll download the exe as I can obviously trust them :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:35 am
by ToM
:roll:

Like I said, Blubster 1.2.3 had nothing to do with the 'Optisoft' spyware bundlers of today. People who followed the development of the network know the history and will remember the old client.

Feel free not to download the exe.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:11 pm
by JiMiThInG
How can we trust a shady charater like ToM?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:26 pm
by napho
JiMiThInG wrote:How can we trust a shady charater like ToM?


You're telling me! He's in England, the country with the Queen (not Boy George) who runs all international drug trafficking. :wink:
btw That original Blubster didn't need to be installed, so it'll work in environments that don't allow programs to be installed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:38 pm
by P2P_G
Hehe i use now the Blubster 1.2.3 :P But is good! the blubster 2.5(Clean) "hacks" my computer :( and Piolet to :( Is there any old Piolet ? I think that there is an version Piolet 1.0 ? can someone give me an link ? plz :) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:43 pm
by ToM
_Mp2p_ wrote:Hehe i use now the Blubster 1.2.3 :P But is good! the blubster 2.5(Clean) "hacks" my computer :( and Piolet to :( Is there any old Piolet ? I think that there is an version Piolet 1.0 ? can someone give me an link ? plz :) :lol:


1.0.3 which is rather like Blubster 1.2.3 but with mutli-source connections. I don't have the installer handy but a Google search might have what you're looking for. :)

You're telling me! He's in England, the country with the Queen (not Boy George) who runs all international drug trafficking.


napho aka JiMiThInG aka SlyckTom, please stop insulting the values my great nation holds dear. You don't hear me insulting your King, you tossers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:59 pm
by P2P_G
1.0.3 which is rather like Blubster 1.2.3 but with mutli-source connections. I don't have the installer handy but a Google search might have what you're looking for. :)


Okey :) But i can not find it on google/altavista :(
:cry: but tanx :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:52 am
by sonnentier
I think you dont need the old client if you have a new one. The new ones also dont need much resources.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:00 am
by P2P_G
sonnentier wrote:I think you dont need the old client if you have a new one. The new ones also dont need much resources.

hehe okej :) i use Piolet 1.8.3 it is cooler than Blubster 2.5 :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:07 pm
by sonnentier
that's also what i think ;)