Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Trouble with Piolet? Better try Frostwire...

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Trouble with Piolet? Better try Frostwire...

Postby coolrunner » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:40 pm

...'cos much as I like Piolet in a single machine set-up, it's really a non-starter when you put a router in the equation.

you can download the beta version of Frostwire with no trouble at all from their website and it just works! (could do with some controls for the player tho', but there's no hurry for that). the download/install routine(s) have been well thought-out and there is little or no fiddling about necessary before use. hey, try it. DH
coolrunner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:38 pm

Re: Trouble with Piolet? Better try Frostwire...

Postby P2P_G » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:33 pm

coolrunner wrote:...'cos much as I like Piolet in a single machine set-up, it's really a non-starter when you put a router in the equation.

you can download the beta version of Frostwire with no trouble at all from their website and it just works! (could do with some controls for the player tho', but there's no hurry for that). the download/install routine(s) have been well thought-out and there is little or no fiddling about necessary before use. hey, try it. DH


FrostWire is not so good...Piolet is the best 4 music :)
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

piolet

Postby coolrunner » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:48 pm

yep, you're absolutely right...it's fast and furious, unless hindered by the firewall/router factor and there's the rub! if you don't have these factors to contend with, Piolet will (still) do it for you...'first-class for music and speed!

the Frostwire/Limewire/Limewire Pro option(s) are simply a suggestion for those who are stumped and need an alternative. 'will always recommend Piolet, but it would be nice if someone would provide a definitive solution to the existing shortcomings with it.

warm regards to all

DH
coolrunner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:38 pm

Re: piolet

Postby P2P_G » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:05 am

coolrunner wrote:yep, you're absolutely right...it's fast and furious, unless hindered by the firewall/router factor and there's the rub! if you don't have these factors to contend with, Piolet will (still) do it for you...'first-class for music and speed!

the Frostwire/Limewire/Limewire Pro option(s) are simply a suggestion for those who are stumped and need an alternative. 'will always recommend Piolet, but it would be nice if someone would provide a definitive solution to the existing shortcomings with it.

warm regards to all

DH


Hehe yes ;) Why are there just "250.000" online ?
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby sonnentier » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:16 am

because all have Routers and don't know how to configure ;)

also many seem not to know MP2P as is is very good and still not too many users..

I have router, needed not much but UDP/TCP for the specific port, and some for Downloading.
Not a big thing if there aren't other problems.

What i really dislike: if you havent opened the port, it does like NOTHING. gets 0 responds. does only say "connecting..". makes you give up. Like if the right port is ok for TCP but not UDP and you wonder why it sits there like a paralized stone. and guess the peercache is outdated or something.
User avatar
sonnentier
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Postby jimmy90 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:37 am

Naaah go for something FREE

Shareaza
Ares
Soulseek

Get a clue!
User avatar
jimmy90
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 7:48 am
Location: Neo-Rave Armageddon

Postby LaX » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:45 am

Piolet is free, trying it out soon.
User avatar
LaX
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 am
Location: One of the multiverses you're not in

Postby jimmy90 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:11 am

I thought it was stuffed with crapware?
User avatar
jimmy90
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 7:48 am
Location: Neo-Rave Armageddon

Postby LaX » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:00 am

It comes with a search bar, but its optional.
User avatar
LaX
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 am
Location: One of the multiverses you're not in

Postby in_hiding » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:48 am

I tried Piolet again for the first time in ages. Even though it's still the same version (1.05), now that I'm on broadband it's a different experience.

I wasn't impressed by the range of tracks, but I was very impressed with the speed of the downloads and the fact that they downloaded immediately; they weren't queued for ages like in eDonkey/eMule.
User avatar
in_hiding
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:51 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:50 pm

sonnentier wrote:because all have Routers and don't know how to configure ;)

also many seem not to know MP2P as is is very good and still not too many users..

I have router, needed not much but UDP/TCP for the specific port, and some for Downloading.
Not a big thing if there aren't other problems.

What i really dislike: if you havent opened the port, it does like NOTHING. gets 0 responds. does only say "connecting..". makes you give up. Like if the right port is ok for TCP but not UDP and you wonder why it sits there like a paralized stone. and guess the peercache is outdated or something.


Okey :roll:
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:51 pm

LaX wrote:It comes with a search bar, but its optional.


The beta has no spyware/adware :)
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:53 pm

in_hiding wrote:I tried Piolet again for the first time in ages. Even though it's still the same version (1.05), now that I'm on broadband it's a different experience.

I wasn't impressed by the range of tracks, but I was very impressed with the speed of the downloads and the fact that they downloaded immediately; they weren't queued for ages like in eDonkey/eMule.


I know! I have used eMule for a long time it taket 1h to download an song and it haves 100 sourches :( hehe but on piolet it takes less than 1 min to download an song! i have 1mbit ;) But try out the beta 1.8.3 :) or the clean blubster!
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby sonnentier » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:39 am

eD2k is only useful to download large files, and then let it run for some (or some more) hours (movies, full albums).

Piolet has no queues, is very fast, but also doesnt have much crap like fakes. If you can get connected, it's a very useful network.

I also recommend Piolet beta 1.8.3 ore Clean Blubster. Clean and good.
User avatar
sonnentier
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:06 am

sonnentier wrote:eD2k is only useful to download large files, and then let it run for some (or some more) hours (movies, full albums).

Piolet has no queues, is very fast, but also doesnt have much crap like fakes. If you can get connected, it's a very useful network.

I also recommend Piolet beta 1.8.3 ore Clean Blubster. Clean and good.


Yes i have eMule/eDonkey to download russian movies and albums there are many russian files :D I i come from russia :P I let the computer run hole day and i get the things that i want :D But for music/singels i use first Piolet :) And BearShare Pro is good to.
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby sonnentier » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:11 pm

_Mp2p_ wrote:Yes i have eMule/eDonkey to download russian movies and albums there are many russian files :D I i come from russia :P I let the computer run hole day and i get the things that i want :D But for music/singels i use first Piolet :) And BearShare Pro is good to.
Exactly, and btw, I live in Russia too ;)
User avatar
sonnentier
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:00 pm

hehe yeah
Last edited by P2P_G on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby sonnentier » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:20 pm

oh ok :)
User avatar
sonnentier
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:58 pm

sonnentier wrote:oh ok :)

Yeah ;)
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm


Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com