Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Can't connect>Piolet

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Can't connect>Piolet

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:09 pm

I've set Piolet to use ports 50384-55000. I have forwarded all of those in ZAP and my router. They're the same ports that I use for BitTorrent. And of course I'm not trying to use BitTorrent at the same time as Piolet.

Piolet mentioned port 41170 in its help, so I opened that too.

But I still can't connect.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby irish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:14 pm

I don't use Piolet Allied but after reading around trying to find some help I'm none the wiser and your problem seems to be quite common with many Piolet users. Good luck there.

try this if you haven't already
Go to the site of your router maker. You are usually confronted with a login screen. Type in the default password given by the maker. Go to your download or port settings. Select UPD as your transport protocol, if this is not available choose something that isnÕt TCP/IP, and type in a port you want to open (for example 41102). Go to the Piolet "Config" page and retype that port number.
Last edited by irish on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irish

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:14 pm

I used it before I had a router. It seemed as simple as any other. But now I'm not sure.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby irish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:16 pm

check my edit Allied, this was on another site and also from the piolet site
irish

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:42 pm

Well according to my firewall and router, ports 41170 and 50384 to 55000 are all open to both TCP and UDP,
Trusted zone
Internet zone
On my router, 41170 and 50384-55000

But, according to Shields up they're all closed,
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1750/423cq.gif
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/896/523at.gif
...but I've got a green light in BitComet and the BitTornado connection checker gives me a perfect score.
So I'm not sure whats going on with my firewall.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby irish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Allied, would you be prepared to turn off the firewall and try to connect then, just for a couple of seconds. That way you'll find out if it's the firewall?
irish

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:54 pm

I turned off ZAP, still nothing.
I guess I could disconnect my router. Like I said before, I've had piolet working without a router months ago.

But I need it to work with the router.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby LxBeast » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:03 pm

Which version are you using, the beta, or the standard?
LxBeast

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:05 pm

TRENDnet TEW-431BRP 11g Wireless AP Router

I'm connected on a LAN port. I only use the wireless connection for my laptop.

Using Version 1.0.5.
Last edited by Allied on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby irish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:07 pm

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Trendnet/TEW-431BRP/Piolet.htm

and this

ZoneAlarm Pro Edition
Go to Firewall > Internet Zone Security and click Custom. Now scroll down to "Allow Incoming UDP ports". Select and check this and enter 41170-41350 in the appropriate field. Select and check "Allow Outgoing UDP ports" and type 1-41350 in the field below. Click apply and OK.
irish

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:15 pm

I followed that tutorial, and got this error message,
I don't know why, I specified port 41170.
And I already did everything that that tutorial says, except I named the new servr Filesharing2,
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/545/411707qq.gif
I think that attempt to forward port 41170 worked because I was editing another set of ports that was already there.

Look at my screenshots in my above post, I've already forwarded everything as much as possible.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby irish » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:19 pm

I'm stumped Allied! No idea here, wish I could be there to have a bash in front of you. I'll keep searching around for a solution though :wink:
irish

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:28 pm

I'll punch my monitor once for you :D
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby Charles » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:57 pm

With a router, you absuloutly need the Piolet beta (was it version 1.8.3?). That's the only time I got Piolet to connect. BTW Piolet development is dead, even their official forum on p2pforums.com was deleted.

:?
Multinetwork apps are good for making every network they connect to less efficient. I think I hate them ;)
Charles

Postby Allied » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 pm

Beta doesn't work either. Tried Blubster, but when Adaware went off I knew that was a dead end.

I've gotten Newsgroups, BitTorrent, IRC and a dozen other p2p apps to work.
I think if I can't get a app to work, it's safe to say its a piece of shit.

Why I was playing with the MP2P network can be viewed on another forum. But I'm prepared to give up on the whole thing.

MP2P gets 2 thumbs down from me.

[edit]
and as a manner of record, http://www.portdetective.com/
says port 41170 and the rest of the ports I was using are open.
Plus I tried the ports in BitTornado and got a green light.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Piolet Solutions?

Postby coolrunner » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:53 pm

yes,I know...Piolet again! but there must be someone out there who has got around this connection problem...the original authors, perhaps? I'd be pleased to hear the options again anyway. I thought development had stopped with 1.05, so where has this 1.8.3 come from? and how come, this problem persists in this so-called beta version? does anyone have an email address for the original or current authors? DH
coolrunner

Postby BattlePriest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:12 am

I have had Piolet for several years now... it has always worked, with whatever router I used at the time... it was working just fine with the router I have now, then, about 4-5 months ago, it started getting "wierd" sometimes it would connect, sometimes it wouldnt.

And now... with no changes on my router end, it has stopped connecting... I have even gone so far as to put my PC on a DMZ, so the router's firewall is out of the picture, I set Zone Alarm to allow all neccessary ports.. and still..nothing.

I just downloaded 1.8.3 and still nothing. (funny how there is no mention of 1.8.3 on piolets site at all.. this forum is the only place that even mentions it.)

Then I see the other post in here talking about frostwire... but I ONLY use P2P for MP3s... I refuse to use any P2P that handles more than MP3s. Is there any other P2P client out there, that only does MP3s, and does not have adware? Piolet was a god send... but as it fails to work anymore... for whatever reason... I guess I may be out of the MP3 sharing club.
BattlePriest

Postby zim » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:31 am

BattlePriest wrote:I refuse to use any P2P that handles more than MP3s.

Well then, you have your choice of about 3 or 4 dead or dying p2p networks.

mp3 only apps are obsolete. and not worth it on either side. developers want the most users. and users want the biggest selection of ALL files in an all in one program.

you either need to signup for a pay service like itunes. or get with it and try a new p2p app.

Really such stubborness in insisting on a LACK of features is very bizarre.

are you amish or something? :roll:
FINE! downloading *IS* stealing. I still don' t care. I'm still going to do it. And laugh while i do!
zim

Postby BattlePriest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:17 pm

zim wrote:
BattlePriest wrote:I refuse to use any P2P that handles more than MP3s.

Well then, you have your choice of about 3 or 4 dead or dying p2p networks.

mp3 only apps are obsolete. and not worth it on either side. developers want the most users. and users want the biggest selection of ALL files in an all in one program.

you either need to signup for a pay service like itunes. or get with it and try a new p2p app.

Really such stubborness in insisting on a LACK of features is very bizarre.

are you amish or something? :roll:

Lets just say, I have had too many viruses and other such problem from using P2Ps that allow non MP3 file sharing.

I have also had to reformat several of my families computers due to the use of thins like Kazaa and Morpheous, because something they downloaded killed thier computer beyond saving.

I cant afford to lose anything on my PC like that. And I dont have the time to backup my system on a daily basis "just in case"

And I do use itunes, but I only use that for finding music I have never owned before. (Ive had to sell my CD collection against my will for 1/10th its value, and I use Piolet to find the music I lost)
BattlePriest

Piolet

Postby Djgaz1 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Dont worry m8 iv'e got Piolet installet too, and turned off zone alarm, it made no difference, it just sits there like a suffed chicken, on night i'm gonna leave mine trying to connect all night and if it doesnt, im gonna take the crap off.

If you only want the odd mp3 try limewire or e.donkey, both connect for me straight away, none of this waiting forever crap.

But remember limewire will only be good till they start filtering, which i suppose wont be long.

Anyway good look.
Djgaz1

mp2p

Postby sonnentier » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:00 pm

can anybody here connect to mp2p?

as it's on slyck's user count statistics it should not have died..

I also port forwarded, for TCP/UDP, only UDP, added gateways and peers i found..

nothing helped.. would only say connecting.. in my peergurdian i see it makes many many connections when starting, but it doesnt connect..
sonnentier

mp2p connected!

Postby sonnentier » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 pm

I'm connected! :D

Using Piolet beta 1.8.3 with no spyware, i had to port forward:

connection..
UDP.. 41170
TCP.. 41170

download..
took 5 UDP&TCP ports

protocol..
some gateways and alive hosts

and, then, surprise, it worked!

it's very fast and i like it :D
sonnentier

Postby Trev0r269 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:09 pm

I tried out the beta a couple days ago, couldnt connect. then i tried it again today, reinstalled and it worked..

For some reason whenever I open Piolet now, microsoft office tries updating itself and I have to cancel the update box several times before Piolet's splash shows up and the program opens normally. what the hell is this about?
Trev0r269

office windows popping up when starting specific apps

Postby sonnentier » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:24 am

I don't know why, I don't have any office installed here and it works (v1.83 beta)

Perhaps it uses office componentes if they are available and when these are used it tries to update?

I don't know, but the ListManager from Bluetack opens here without problems (here is no office), and on systems where office is installed, but not completely (there are problems finishing), it would try to finish up the installation of office as soon as you open the list manager (several times, maybe like 5 or so). This finishing trial usually happens if I start an office program (one time i think) as you could guess.

This Listmanager also started office for no reason (as why should it else finish installation?) i understand as it doesnt seem to be essential, perhaps your problem is related to this.

Also i think such things happened on systems that havent registered office yet (without starting office but by other apps). So it would ask for a code.

If you start office normally, would it want to update? if not, perhaps the app needs a certain version to implement? and if there is no office at all it tries alternative?

its also some kind of mystery to me so i stop writing confusing storys ;)
sonnentier

Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)