Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:25 pm
by nms04
Charles wrote:I've been complaining about that number for ages here, but to signof removal. I believe MP2P number of simultaneous users to be 10K-30K range, no more. The stats are computed artificially and are "delirious" :lol:


hehe you may be right ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:13 pm
by Mr. Alzheimer
I love the idea of an audio only network, but I have tried Piolet and wasn't overly impressed.

I don't know about the number of users. Perhaps they have a crawler which gives pretty accurate results, but haven't botheres using it for many months. It might seem like everyone involved with mp2p has become tired of it and decided to do something completely different.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:17 am
by gummbah
So what about adding G2 statistics?
They seem rather reliable to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:19 pm
by P2P_G
gummbah wrote:So what about adding G2 statistics?
They seem rather reliable to me.


Okey but the mp2p will still be there ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
by P2P_G
Mr. Alzheimer wrote:I love the idea of an audio only network, but I have tried Piolet and wasn't overly impressed.

I don't know about the number of users. Perhaps they have a crawler which gives pretty accurate results, but haven't botheres using it for many months. It might seem like everyone involved with mp2p has become tired of it and decided to do something completely different.


I think that mp2p is the best network for music...beacuse there arent large files so there arent long ques ;) The results are normal...It is fast....and safer than other networks... :D but it is me :) i don't know what you think but i just like it. If it was more usres online it could be the best network(music).. but mp2p is geting larger and larger beacuse of the fasttrack users :) I have NEWER download an fake-song on mp2p! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:14 am
by Mrs. 2p
Charles wrote:_ there is no marketing


well, looking through this thread, I can hardly see how that is true... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 am
by LaX
Charles wrote:_Mp2p_: if there are only 1642 results for 50 cents for all the network, there are probably less than 2 000 users....


If you typed 50 cent instead, you mightve gotten better results :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:32 am
by P2P_G
Charles wrote:_Mp2p_: if there are only 1642 results for 50 cents for all the network, there are probably less than 2 000 users....

BTW mp2p clients don't run with firewall, with router or anything so most users don't see appeal. There is NO way there are more than 30 000 hosts.

Also development has been dead for two years over piolet 1.05... Pablo is not there anymore, there is no marketing and the network is worse than many alternatives, meaning mp2p is dying slowly.

Sorry for your fanboy heart.


It cant search for all the network!