Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

can not recognize Torrent client - |Ó*Éý-Øcc₸±LŃ

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

can not recognize Torrent client - |Ó*Éý-Øcc₸±LŃ

Postby picaso2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

I am using utorrent , I see all torrent client brands , bitTorrent ,utorrent , Vuze , but one I dont recognize is called '|Ó Éý-Øcc₸±LŃ' , is this some type of new torrent client ??
picaso2

Re: can not recognize Torrent client - |Ó*Éý-Øcc₸±LŃ

Postby IneptVagrant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:33 am

That is most likely to be Unicode, and you don't have the right codepage installed. I don't know how to determine which codepage you need to display it correctly.

Another possibility is that the client encodes characters with a different encoding, and doesn't translate (encode) its own name correctly when advertising itself. This is more probably if the client is non-windows.
IneptVagrant

Location: close the world . . . . . . . . . . . . . . txEn eht nepO

Re: can not recognize Torrent client - |Ó*Éý-Øcc₸±LŃ

Postby ejonesss » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:23 am

another possibility is.

1.to avoid banning scripts since all the chars especially the 10th one is outside a-z and 0-9 so thereby the ban script maybe unable to ban it.

2. to exploit a flaw in a ban script or even the display buffer (remember the iphone text message thing a month or so ago?) to crash your client possible copyright conglomerate exploiting bugs to wreak havoc.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion