Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

why do some torrent on 0 seeders still download to 100% ?

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

why do some torrent on 0 seeders still download to 100% ?

Postby picaso2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 pm

why do some torrent on 0 seeders still download to 100% ? utorrent says seeds 0(0) , does this mean that the trackers are able to 'Hide' the seeds ???? also I notice with these type of strange torrents that after a few hours or a few days seeds go back from 0 to 1 seeder, I find this strange because normally when the torrent is dead, it remains dead.
picaso2

Re: why do some torrent on 0 seeders still download to 100%

Postby IneptVagrant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 am

I can think of two reasons, there is probably others.

First, you're client doesn't connect to all available peers/seeds. There may be firewall issues, or network config issues or the seed is on another tracker which you don't have access to, and is not using DHT. So you receive the parts via a 3rd party. Seed to some other peer, to you. As the 3rd party completes they log off, and you continue getting parts from other 3rd party peers.

Second, the seed is using slot shaping. They only advertise the least available parts of the file exist. They will have the full file, but mask parts of it which change occasionally and since they don't advertise they have the full file they aren't counted as a seed.
IneptVagrant

Location: close the world . . . . . . . . . . . . . . txEn eht nepO

Re: why do some torrent on 0 seeders still download to 100%

Postby ejonesss » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 am

you dont say the size of the file so it could be possible it is a torrent shield like server that sends a dummy file to test your connection and let you know if your vpn has failed
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion