Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Does anything fill the IRCSpy Void?

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Does anything fill the IRCSpy Void?

Postby Royce » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:46 pm

While I didn't find myself using it often (I didn't know it was gone until today), I did find IRCSpy very useful. Is there any other site or service that performs a similar role. I do realize that newsgroups are superior in many ways, but I'm not looking for that avenue. Thanks in advance for any leads.
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.
- Paula Poundstone
Royce

Re: Does anything fill the IRCSpy Void?

Postby velatire » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:59 pm

I would also be interested in something like this, I used it to find a room for a file that was not available anywhere else
velatire

Postby LANjackal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Use the built in search functions of mIRC + the XDCC Browser add-on. It queries Packetnews and another site that I don't recall. Most IRC search sites are loaded with adware, popups, etc so it's not that useful going to them directly.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby Grizz » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:05 am

I'm curious, would anyone happen to know if there's some sort of an official site/page for the XDCC Browser?

I see various sites offering various versions of it, though it seems later versions aren't available from certain sites (despite being listed in search results), and earlier versions are.
Grizz

Postby Everlast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:48 am

XDCCKlipper - http://xdccklipper.sourceforge.net/

The original Irc(xdcc) browser and in my opinion the best.

Has a search feature which allows you to search from the current channels your in, or an external search on websites like packetnews and other ircspy clones.
Ares Galaxy forum maintainer/columnist.

Sure, there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none have been serious.
- Boxer Alan Minter
Everlast

Postby bramke » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 am

bramke

Postby HouseCrowd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 am

Welcome to The New & Improved XDCCFinder.com!!

Which is it, new or improved? ... can't be both! :wink:

As the late, great George Carlin said ...

George Carlin wrote:When something is new and improved, which is it? If its new, then there has never been anything before it. If its an improvement, then there must have been something before it.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

well, whether it's new or improved, i can only hope royce is no longer waiting on the edge of his seat for an answer 5 years later.

i always love when people make a big point about how improved their product is. ya, great, so what you're saying is you were selling us crap before.
MrFredPFL

Postby Royce » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:23 pm

How the world has changed in 5 years. Options beyond my best wishes then have now become the norm. I will give this a try, but only for nostalgia's sake. I still frequent IRC periodically for this reason or that, but I haven't initiated an xdcc transfer, well, since '07.
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.
- Paula Poundstone
Royce

Postby napho » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 am

I was going to say that Royce has lived a lifetime in the last 5 years. Married, divorced, 4 children, 2 stretches in the slammer, and here he is!
btw xWeasel is probably the best thing around now for downloading. Doesn't seem to be too aggressive, so not banned.

http://www.xweasel.org/
napho

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion