Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Received a letter!?

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Received a letter!?

Postby moet_36 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm

HI Guys,

I received such a letter from the US Copyright Group...

It said:

"...In exchange for a comprehensive release of all legal claims which will enable you to avoid becoming a named Defendant in the lawsuit, our firm is authorized to accept the sum of $1,500 as full settlement for its claims. This offer will expire at <redacted>. Thereafter, our client will accept no less than the sum of $2,500 to settle this matter, but this increased settlement offer will expire on <redacted>. In addition, you must remove the file from the shared folder or location where our client’s film can be shared or copied within three (3) days of paying a settlement. If you have chosen not to settle by <redacted>, we may add you to the list of defendants to be served with a lawsuit..."

I am broke and unemployed.Just ignore it hmmmmmm?
Last edited by MrFredPFL on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: dates redacted
moet_36

Re: Received a letter!?

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:27 am

hi moet, and welcome. i took the liberty of removing dates which could potentially be used to identify u. we've had some of the folk who do this reading here, and more than one of them posting. can't hurt to be safe, which includes avoiding specifics :)

i wouldn't necessarily advise u to ignore this, as that's possibly the surest way to get in deeper. are we talking about bittorrent here? assuming so, there's a wealth of info here regarding this kind of campaign in the UK.
MrFredPFL

Postby ejonesss » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 pm

this is reminiscent of the latest irs tax scams going around
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby The_Ruffneck » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:34 am

moet_36 wrote:HI Guys,

I received such a letter from the US Copyright Group...

It said:

"...In exchange for a comprehensive release of all legal claims which will enable you to avoid becoming a named Defendant in the lawsuit, our firm is authorized to accept the sum of $1,500 as full settlement for its claims. This offer will expire at <redacted>. Thereafter, our client will accept no less than the sum of $2,500 to settle this matter, but this increased settlement offer will expire on <redacted>. In addition, you must remove the file from the shared folder or location where our client’s film can be shared or copied within three (3) days of paying a settlement. If you have chosen not to settle by <redacted>, we may add you to the list of defendants to be served with a lawsuit..."

I am broke and unemployed.Just ignore it hmmmmmm?

Ignore
The_Ruffneck

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion