Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What is file sharing?

Discuss any general File-Sharing Topic or Issue

Please use the relevant forum below for non file-sharing issues or questions about a specific program or network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

What is file sharing?

Postby Rahman123 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 am

File sharing is when you allow others the permission to view your files when logged in as a different user than yourself. also, file sharing can put the files in a shared folder so you can access files that are shared from another computer. It is just like it sounds, sharing your files, you can put pictures in a shared folder, and share your pictures with other people that log onto the same computer too. If everyone is listed as administrator, then everyone can see all the files anyways, so then it is not as necessary to select to share files.
Rahman123

File sharing

Postby Rahman123 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 am

File Sharing is an illegal activity.

It involves one person allowing someone else to have access to the file (i.e: sending it over MSN Messenger) or by downloading it from a server.

Online shops who sell music for download are file sharing (in a sense) but this is only illegal if the artist/record label doesn't get the money from it.

All this said, if you're sharing something you've made (music, pictures, a document) then it's your choice to do this but this isn't illegal since you own the original copy of it. This applies for any type of file, as long as you own the original copy of it then it's not illegal.

Record Labels have and will take people to court for file sharing so it's not really worth doing due to this risk.
Rahman123

Re: What is file sharing?

Postby hariandro » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:24 am

File sharing is the practice of sharing or offering access to digital information or resources, including documents, multimedia (audio/video), graphics, computer programs, images and e-books. It is the private or public distribution of data or resources in a network with different levels of sharing privileges.
hariandro

Postby SlackDan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 am

Why file sharing is illegal? Maybe I want to share my files, work, websites( which one was created by me) with other users?
I know torrents are illegal, but everyone is using this anyway. I disagree that file shouldn't be shared with to other users.
SlackDan

Postby ivan090 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Even though File Sharing is convenient but is an illegal activity.
ivan090

Postby StickyDan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:25 pm

yes its illegal but everyone is doing this and no one is doing nothing about that. I believe its your choice. If you making enough money you can afford it, but not everyone can afford software for $400.
StickyDan

Return to General File-Sharing Discussion