Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What do I need to know about invite sites

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

What do I need to know about invite sites

Postby loninappleton » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 am

There is a big muddle right now about where the good torrent communities are.

Torrent "invite sites" seem to have no purpose but to collect names and data on users. AND they have unreadable blue text on black screens. What gives with that. I got a headache just trying to view the main screens.

Also I know nothing about private trackers even though Demonoid was one. I was on there a long time. But the whole invites/private trackers and all their security mumbo jumbo is giving me fits.

The goal is to get some old movies like I had been doing and the place for that seems to be Pass The Popcorn. Private

So who has gone thought these procedures and what is good and what is either a waste of time or dangerous? In other words are there any large private indexes worth contributing to?
loninappleton

Re: What do I need to know about invite sites

Postby Lee1001 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 am

Sad to say there's really no replacement for Demonoid,the only real private site I use is KG.I think Demonoid will be returning,there's a site called Demonoid.eu which has done nothing since it started over 2 years ago,now there is someone trying to buy the domain name,maybe Demonoid?
Lee1001

Re: What do I need to know about invite sites

Postby loninappleton » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:39 am

Lee1001 wrote:Sad to say there's really no replacement for Demonoid,the only real private site I use is KG.I think Demonoid will be returning,there's a site called Demonoid.eu which has done nothing since it started over 2 years ago,now there is someone trying to buy the domain name,maybe Demonoid?

The Btscene that you mentioned earlier doesn't really give that much activity and I wonder if Pass The Popcorn is the same.
Could the invite sites be in any way collection points for the DRM gang?

What is curious is that when Megauploads -- the so-called largest sharing site there was - - went down, I had never heard of it.

We are back to the days of the 5 blind men and the elephant.
loninappleton

Return to BitTorrent