Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Glowing review for Tixati, torrent prog by Frontcode (WinMX)

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Glowing review for Tixati, torrent prog by Frontcode (WinMX)

Postby in_hiding » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 pm

About.com - Tixati MP3 Music Sharing Software Review - (an alternative to Vuze and uTorrent)

I didn't know Frontcode people were still active on the P2P scene, so it was interesting for me to learn about this.

Strangely, AFAICT every reason this "expert" gives as a reason to switch from uTorrent to Tixati is... a feature already in uTorrent.

The only thing tempting me is that it has a native Linux client. But first I'd be interested in hearing what other Slyck users know about this Tixati.
Forum Rules: Avatars shall not exceed a data size of 2OØ kilobytes.
in_hiding

Re: Glowing review for Tixati, torrent prog by Frontcode (WinMX)

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm

not that it really matters, but i seem to recall that the impression was that this was not actually from the frontcode people, but rather that they were just letting them use their old site to publicize it. whether or not that's true, i don't know.
MrFredPFL

Postby Dazzle_2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Having been watching this project for a long while now I have to say if this isnt the frontcode folks its their twin brothers as every action and method in use is identical to the frontcode era methods, also the look of the client and some of the underlying coding methodology is near identical, I would say this is the same folks without any hesitation.

On the topic of the client itself it does have one item that folks are enjoying, a live developer who listens to what you want in the way of features directly, this makes it something worth watching although as things sit the alternative BT clients are all evenly matched with utorrent normally winning on ram footprint.
Dazzle_2

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:15 pm

ok, thanks for the feedback, dazzle :)
MrFredPFL

Postby noscam » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I have used Tixati since ThePirateBay started putting magnet links on their site. My original client I use which is BitTyrant http://bittyrant.cs.washington.edu/ didn't at the time support Magnet Links so I was looking for a client that did. The only client at the time I found was Tixati. I downloaded the program and installed it and I set it to take over all magnet links. I still use BitTyrant to do the regular torrent links. If I want to download a magnet link, I click the magnet link and Tixati downloads the file for me. If I want to download a regular torrent file, BitTyrant does the job for me. I often have run both programs at the same time with no problems what so ever. I would recomend anyone try out Tixati as either a main torrent client or a magnet link client. Either way, it functions great and I am happy to have found a client like Tixati. I do still love my BitTyrant client when I download .torrent files and don't click a magnet link. :pirate:
noscam

Postby in_hiding » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:15 am

thx all for the feedback about Tixati.

@noscam
why use two clients?
I mean if they can (now) both handle both kinds of links, why continue to use BitTyrant for one kind and Tixati for the other? Why not just use one?
Forum Rules: Avatars shall not exceed a data size of 2OØ kilobytes.
in_hiding

Re: Glowing review for Tixati, torrent prog by Frontcode (Wi

Postby pitter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 pm

@ noscam
I was wondering as well why 2 clients. Why wouldn't you use Tixati for both? Does tixati not download right for ya? You can set Tixati to be your default .torrent file handler.

I use tixati exclusively and have for a while. I also use Tixati in linux. Tixati even has chat now, a lot like the winmx chat, which is real fun. :D
pitter

Postby sunnyd » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Pssst, pitter....You're replying to a post over a year old, I doubt he will answer you. :wink:

I'll mention the same thing here I did in the other post you made, I seldom see anyone ever use Tixati on Bittorrent, but you can keep trying to promote it, good luck.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby pitter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 pm

I didn't even see that the post was that old. :oops:

I don't see that many other users yet either in my connections when I use it, but hopefully it will get more popular with the ability to chat. :D
pitter

Return to BitTorrent