Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

Postby m021478 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

I've recently became a member of STMusic, Waffles & What.CD, and I would obviously like to improve my ratio to help the community, and so that I don't get booted...

The problem I am having, which is completely new for me and is quite different from most other private trackers I belong to in which 100MB+ & 1GB+ files show up constantly, is that the files that appear on the sites above are obviously quite small (because there music files), and by the time I notice them in the queue, there always winds up being like 5 seeders or more, and zero leechers? I would think that files with this kind of seeder/leecher ratio would be quite difficult to seed effectively??

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about dealing with this dilemma? Thanks!
m021478

Re: Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:38 am

The easiest way is to upload your own files - quality files, not dupes - so you don't get booted.

Failing that, seed often. I only share music, and I have quite good ratios simply by seeding often. Other than that, try and jump on torrents that you think will be popular and hope for the best.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Re: Tips for seeding on Music trackers (small files)

Postby sideshow » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 pm

upload flac, because even if you get less hits, they will often be 3 to 4 times as much data download. Also, spend 10 bucks a month for a cheap shared seedbox. It protects your privacy and is almost always 50+ times faster than your home connection. It's well worth the price of 1 used CD a month to not get a takedown notice (or worse) plus get all the extra upload. I built a 100 GB buffer at one of the aforementioned sites in under 30 days with a $10 seedbox :D
sideshow

Return to BitTorrent