Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Sharing

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Sharing

Postby Br0nz3_Badge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:05 pm

I know i should have read all there is about torrent before i started but it seemed so cool to try but now that i have dove in,It seems like i dove off a high dive and lost my swim suit when i hit the water lol..my question is.Is my pc accessable meaning can anyone get into my harddrive and download stuff because i notice files being uploaded at all times the same files that i've downloaded which i don't mind becuz it's what this is all about as long as thats as far as it goes.This is probably a dumb question and like i said i should've read it all which i will after i finish here,Just looking for a quick answer.. :tinfoilhat: LoL
Br0nz3_Badge

Re: Sharing

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 pm

you should have also read the forum rules. please do so now ;)

ps, for a quick answer: yes you should have done a little reading - try this to start with, and yes, that's how BT works. also, please post BT questions in the BT forum, not in "tell us what you think" ;)
MrFredPFL

Re: Sharing

Postby Golgo1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:39 pm

A bit less quick and less surly: Yes you are automatically sharing files back, but no it is not your whole hard drive or anything like that (it SHOULDNT BE!!) Just parts of the files you downloaded or are downloading.
Am I the ONLY one who remembers that video KILLED the radio star?
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Golgo1

Return to BitTorrent