Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

How do I stop all seeding torrents?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

How do I stop all seeding torrents?

Postby Kitlope » Fri May 23, 2008 7:06 pm

I would like to stop all seeding torrent at once (Shift or Control something) because manually turning off all 45 seeding torrents is getting time consuming. What do I press to do so?

Thanks!

Kit
Clicky here for my seeding FLACs!
Kitlope

Re: How do I stop all seeding torrents?

Postby Ratt » Fri May 23, 2008 7:44 pm

If you're downloading that much, you should be probably try to seed more often - for the good of the network - rather than un-seeding 45 torrents in one fell swoop.
"Remember, kids, only rich people can sidestep the law. When you download our music without permission, you undermine the very fabric of society, but when we move our money to offshore tax shelters, that's simply 'fiscal responsibility'."
--MrFredPFL
Ratt

Postby wadz » Fri May 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Would help us with subject if you said which torrent client your using.
Some of them are written so basically for a reason, that they can't actually do that. Writers try to keep the software small to save resources on the local machine.

What ratt says is spot on:

If you are downloading 45 torrents and getting pissed off with it uploading and hogging your bandwidth, maybe you should wind your neck in and seed as much as your giving. Most torrent clients allow you to right click on the torrent> properties and set the upload/download limit. Not rocket science mate
Ring around a neutron
A pocket full of protons
A fision, a fusion
We all fall down
wadz

Postby HalOfBorg » Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 pm

*confused again* :?

I would like to stop all seeding torrent at once

Sounds like they are already DLd and he has them seeding.
Though that could still be hogging bandwidth........not that he mentioned that or anything.....

Maybe there is a way to select all at once. We DO need to know what program, as wadz mentioned.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer: http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

We are The Borg.
Lower your weapons. Disarm your explosives.
Your spawn will adapt to service Us.
Resistance is futile.
HalOfBorg

Postby Kitlope » Mon May 26, 2008 12:27 pm

My apologies for not making my post more clear.

I'm using Azureus and I'm uploading my own torrents that I have made. I usually just leave the client on with all torrents forced seeding because i don't have the time to micromanage their health (as much as I would like to). However, sometimes I get a pm at various sites asking if I can dedicate more bandwidth to one particular torrent so they can complete the file and I usually have no problem with that. The biggest pain in the ass though is manually turning off all the torrents just to seed 1 or 2 so I'm thinking there must be an easier, faster way. This is why I'm thinking there should be a hotkey to turn on/off all the torrents.

Not rocket science mate

Nope, it sure isn't
Kitlope

Postby moka » Mon May 26, 2008 12:41 pm

You have to press CTRL+A to select all torrents and afterwards press the stop button. Or you can do it by selecting the first torrent in the list, then holding down the shift button and pressing on the last torrent in the list, this way all of your torrents will be selected in your list.

You could also create categories to make managing easier.

I hope this helps.
moka

Postby wadz » Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 pm

First and foremost I must apologise to you, I jumped the gun without fully understanding what you were asking.
I stopped using Azureus ages ago because our private tracker didnt like it because at that point you could not switch off DHT, which was broadcasting outwith where we wanted it to go.

Have used utorrent for years now and you can switch off dht and also use encryption.

Utorrent allows me to shift and click to make a list of torrents and shut them down in a group by right clicking on the group and select stop. U pick the first one in the group, then the last one whilst holding shift it highlights a group.

If I want to select like 20 diffent ones in the line I use control and highlight the ones i want, right click and stop, simple bud.

Sorry for jumpin down your throat, it wasnt my intention. (Same might work in Azureus)
Ring around a neutron
A pocket full of protons
A fision, a fusion
We all fall down
wadz

Postby Golgo1 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:03 pm

if you have your Az settings to show in your systray, you can just right click the icon and select 'Stop all torrents' (or pause)

then you can just select the one or two and restart them. If you PAUSE, then restart the few you want, there is no interruption as far as your connected peers go.

The drawback of this is that it pause/stops your DOWNloads as well, but if you only have a few of those, you can just do those few manually as well.

A feature I want to see is a 'timed pause' on transfers. If I want to use full bandwidth for 15 minutes and stop all xfers... sometimes I forget to start them again, and find out 2 days later that nothing has been moving :) Anyone know how to do THAT?
Am I the ONLY one who remembers that video KILLED the radio star?
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Golgo1

Postby wadz » Mon May 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Golgo sorry long time since I used azureus, but in utorrent, we have a scheduler, full speed, limited speed and turnoff, u just schedule it off for 15 mins, and then it kicks back in
Ring around a neutron
A pocket full of protons
A fision, a fusion
We all fall down
wadz

Postby Kitlope » Tue May 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Its ok Wadz I understand that the bittorrent norm for most Joe Six Packs is to hit and run and not seed. I see it all the time with my torrents but I never pass judgement too quick - perhaps their uploading their own torrents too (which takes precedence over anyone else's IMO).

Thanks Moka and Golgo for the tips - I can now stop all my torrents at once :)
I am also getting familiar with the catagory feature as this will be handy to group and seed the torrents that need it. Great stuff! Thanks all.

Kit
Kitlope

Return to BitTorrent