Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Speeding up torrent

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Speeding up torrent

Postby ravensky6x9 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:05 pm

I know this has probably been covered somewhere but hopefully someone can point me to the right place. As horrid as it is I am stuck with comcast and cant seem to get my torrents faster then 300k at night and 60k during the day, as this is probably dure to throttled bandwidth I may be hosed. I run my proggie with encryption enabled and have has my line tested. My 6megabit connection only runs at 2.2 megabits down and 512 up at the best of times. Anyone have suggestions ideas and thoughts on speeding things along?

TY for time to read and any ideas.
ravensky6x9

Re: Speeding up torrent

Postby LANjackal » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Bear in mind that BT has no QoS: i.e. there are no speed guarantees even with an unrestricted connection, because your peers and network conditions will vary ...
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby king8654 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Running couple torrents.. total d/l speed: 1.2mb/s total u/l speed: 55kb/s (comcast)

if the seeds in the swarm are not uploading at high speeds, it doesnt matter the max you can download at.
"Pirating when its legal is like getting a vasectomy. Its not fun without the venom."
http://www.myweddingisover.com - Wedding/Relationship Based Auction Site
king8654

Postby darthlinux » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Sometime my torrents run @ 100Kb/s and sometimes 700Kb/s and I got a 20Mb line so there is no way to speed up your torrents but you could try opening your half open connections to 50 just search google for the little prog and if ur using utorrent just change the setting once u ahve run the program its under advanced in utorrent
darthlinux

Return to BitTorrent