Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What has happened to Kerrazy-torrents?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby AllthatufeaR » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:32 am

Antonbubba wrote:So how bout any news on anything in regards to the KT site?? Can't get any info whatsoever.I would accept a pm.. :D

I know I'm in the right place for valid info..Slyck is like the center of the universe for p2p info..

KerrazY torrents will be BACK today! (From what i've heard in mIRC) So keep your eyes pealed!
AllthatufeaR

Postby Assyrian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:59 am

so, this site has 100,000 memebers who only share metal music?
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Antonbubba » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:06 am

Thanks Allthatufear for the info..I received a pm with the same kinda info... :D :D

KT is known for metal music but it has a good selection of Rock and Roll and Classic Rock
Antonbubba

Postby Assyrian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:12 am

so it only has music?
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby zim » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:24 am

Funny...

Thread posted : aug 3

dougybot joined : aug 4 posted in this thread only
antonbubba joined : aug 5 ""
morbid_666 joined : aug 5 ""
phempa joined : aug 6 ""
divasatanica joined : aug 6 ""
philthefug joined : aug 7 ""

i love a parade... :roll:
zim

Postby AllthatufeaR » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:44 am

parades are fundamental! :twisted:
AllthatufeaR

Postby Antonbubba » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:03 am

Funny...

zim joined: april 20

zim's positive posts:00

I love half empty cups.. :D
Antonbubba

Postby Antonbubba » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:11 am

so it only has music?

Mostly music.Forum based.Reg Req.
Antonbubba

Postby Kingotnw » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:03 pm

Well hey! I just found this site because I did a search on yahoo for info on what happened to kerrazy-torrents. It was easily my favorite torrent site, and I miss it terribly.

Its always nice to find a new community of people too, so I look forward to seeing what this place is all about too. :)
Kingotnw

Postby Eeyore » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:18 pm

zim wrote:Funny...

i love a parade... :roll:

You know how it goes.

*Idiots see bandwagon roll by*
*Idiots jump on bandwagon*
Eeyore

Postby zim » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Eeyore wrote:You know how it goes.

yeah.. and this topic got quite a few of them on board.

or the same one several times. :lol:
zim

Postby konkat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:58 pm

I don't think the new users are one person posting under different accounts. I think they found Kerrazy to be a great site and decided to take the time to register and write a few words in defence of the site. I applaud them for taking the effort to do so.

Zim you're not the only one that has had criticisms about Kerrazy. I've seen complaints in their own forums from users wanting to switch to a ratio site to prevent leeching and from others complaining that posts were not always being bumped when torrents were downloaded. All problems aside I don't think it's constructive in this thread to bash Kerrazy or to accuse new users of being the same person.

Ideally we should restrict ourselves to only posting: i) news about Kerrazy re-opening up
ii) news about why Kerrazy closed down
iii) alternative sites for metal music torrents
konkat

Postby GraphiX » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm

seems strange Zim has been here now a while
always helping out with he's opinions on this forum
on almost every post, he makes 1 comment and
now he's gettin hammered for it???

he thaught the site he used to work for wasn't run
right, we'll great thats just the way he see's it
isn't he entitled to he's opinion? i mean
isn't that just arrogance if he was made to
think like everyone else,

i like the color red, you may not same thing
i don't tell you what to like and u dont tell me
and if u did try tell me then who made you lord god?
GraphiX

Postby CraigT » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi everyone, just another idiot here. Came across this band wagon looking for some of my pals from Kerrazy (the best torrent site ever)I'm hoping today's the day we get back online. ATYF I've sent you a PM.

Later
CraigT

Postby Atomicsox » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:42 pm

Zim Says "From my point of view it looked like i was talking and nobody was listening." :roll:

Well, yeah that pretty much sums it up LOL :D

OK, but seriously to respond to a few comments:

1. New members "joining suddenly"... well duh, Kerrazy goes down, members wonder what happened, they search for answers and get directed to Slyck. Google points you here when you search for "what happened to kerrazy-torrents.com" ... shrug. Personally I have been visiting Slyck for a few years and only registered now to reply to this, otherwise never used the forums just read the news etc

2. KERRAZY - screw the detractors. THANK YOU man for a good run of a great source for metal torrents and some forgotton classics from the 70's etc too. I hope personally things are well with you, and your family is alright. If the website comes back GREAT, looking forward to it. If not, THANK YOU for a few years of FREE MUSIC and ETC and I cannot believe people would whine about THAT. Thanks man. Peace.

3. ZIM - sorry for the dig at the beginning (and yes I was around when you were a game mod, however I dont really have much time to play games the past few years and didnt participate in your forum there) just having fun man. But take it from me, a guy who doesnt know when to quit (LOL) - give this one a rest mate. Have a good day!

SOX :wink:
Atomicsox

Postby zim » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:42 pm

GraphiX wrote:seems strange Zim has been here now a while
always helping out with he's opinions on this forum
on almost every post, he makes 1 comment and
now he's gettin hammered for it???

he thaught the site he used to work for wasn't run
right, we'll great thats just the way he see's it
isn't he entitled to he's opinion? i mean
isn't that just arrogance if he was made to
think like everyone else,

You're only allowed to have an opinion when it agrees with the majority. Or else you're a troll. Didn't you know that? :roll: :lol:
zim

Postby Atomicsox » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:48 pm

:oops: Oh yes and I did just join the forums today so I guess that makes my comments invalid, since I didnt join a couple of months ago like Invader Zim back there ROFL :roll:

Sigh.

Again thanks KERRAZY. Wish you the best, and as far as people not liking your site, well no one forces them to go there now do they.

"if you are going to walk a mile in another person's shoes, make sure you take their car keys too. Because that way, you have their shoes, you are a mile away, and you can also take their car" - Jack Handy.
Atomicsox

Postby konkat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:28 pm

zim wrote:crappy site by a clueless guy...

Come on Zim, you didn't think that making a comment like this wouldn't get you into trouble did you?
It's not so much an opinion as it is a personal attack. Most Torrent sites go down due to legal problems from the authorities, legal problems from their ISPs, or hardware issues. One would assume KT is going through one of those and not site crappiness or mod cluelessness as you suggest. Only 2 new members showed strong opposition to you, Dougybot and Kerrazy. Dougybot was simply calling a duck a duck and Kerrazy only posted to give his side of events you described transpired.

My biggest problem was with the attack against antonbubba, morbid_666, phempa, divasatanica,
philthefug. They're posts were innocent and they said nothing bad about you but you had to insinuate they were the same person without any proof. It's not hard to believe they are different people, if I wasn't already an existing member of Slyck I too would have registered to say how much I miss KT.

I suggest a mod lock this thread. This thread no longer serves a purpose. If anyone wants the status of Kerrazy-Torrents they can just visit the IRC chatroom.
The link again is irc://irc.p2p-irc.net:6667/kerrazy-torrents
konkat

Postby Antonbubba » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:02 am

It just goes to show you its a thankless job devoting all your time and energy towards something that benefits the P2P public..

I too have been to this website(Slyck) for quite a while for info purposes..I don't think I'm any less of a member cause I just signed up.Sounds funny coming from a guy in a union.. :D

I also chose not to attack Zim in regards to his comments bout KT cause only Zim and the KT staff(then) know what really happened.I don't agree with kicking someone when they are down but thats just my 2 cents worth..

New members "joining suddenly"... well duh, Kerrazy goes down, members wonder what happened, they search for answers and get directed to Slyck. Google points you here when you search for "what happened to kerrazy-torrents.com" ...

couldn't of said it any better :D
Antonbubba

Postby Antonbubba » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:09 am

You know how it goes.

Wow bud don't you think thats kinda harsh?? I'm suprised comments like that are allowed.. :o
Antonbubba

Postby Anonymous » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:13 am

I'm with zim.

A little too much sugar on that last remark to be believable.

Sounds like someone tweaking someone else's nose.
Anonymous

Postby Antonbubba » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:42 am

I'm with zim.

A little too much sugar on that last remark to be believable.

Sounds like someone tweaking someone else's nose.

I guess you don't belong too many forums??
Antonbubba

Postby Antonbubba » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:45 am

I suggest a mod lock this thread. This thread no longer serves a purpose. If anyone wants the status of Kerrazy-Torrents they can just visit the IRC chatroom.
The link again is irc://irc.p2p-irc.net:6667/kerrazy-torrents

I agree 100%..Seems like alot of negative flowing energies..Someone lock this thread b 4 we get accused of causing global warming.. :lol: :wink:
Antonbubba

Postby Atomicsox » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:36 am

I suppose that would be fine, but locking the thread seems silly. Leave it open so those of us who don't frequent that IRC network can find out if and when the site will ever go back into business.

Now that the little pissing match seems to have ended :roll:

haha
Atomicsox

Postby soma » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:32 am

New members "joining suddenly"... well duh, Kerrazy goes down, members wonder what happened, they search for answers and get directed to Slyck. Google points you here when you search for "what happened to kerrazy-torrents.com" ...

Ah sure, I bet that that is exactly the situation. As that was probably the situation the last time such an event occurred. And the time before that one, and the time previous the prior. As a matter of fact, I bet that that is always the situation. Funny thing, that.... heh.

My biggest problem was with the attack against antonbubba, morbid_666, phempa, divasatanica,
philthefug. They're posts were innocent and they said nothing bad about you but you had to insinuate they were the same person without any proof.

Zim didn't insinuate that they(you) were(are) the same person. I insinuated that they might be the same person. He agreed with me. And, what's more: I stick by that assertion. But no need to start another hissy fit. Afterall, if you truly are seperate entities, why would that comment or attitude irritate you?
soma

PreviousNext

Return to BitTorrent