Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

What has happened to Kerrazy-torrents?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Antonbubba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:28 am

Its nice to see some positive comments bout Kerrazy..It was the best d/l site period!Must say even though Metal Music wasn't my main choice for what I was downloading. There seemed to be a new seed every few minutes overall.

Have nothing negative to say bout Kerrazy..I am actually hoping that its a Mod/Admin problem instead of something else for the down time..At least we would stand a better chance of it being back up and running.. :D


:twisted: Keepin the faith :twisted:
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:39 am

@Happeh
It is not so much new members, but rather when people pretend to be (multiple) new members. That is what I was implying in my post. It is common for individuals to be their own allies on the web.
soma
 

Postby Antonbubba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:37 am

Haha haha..I person pretending to be multiple people??? You think 5 or 6 individuals couldn't possibly inquire or input bout Kerrazy out of how many members the site had??

Getting back to the topic of this thread,,once again..Does anyone have any news bout the problems at Kerrazy??

Maybe I will wait til SlyckTom posts something official..
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:31 am

Hahaha hahahekekeke Terrorist bring down the WTC?? You think those big steel buildings could maybe come down!??
soma
 

Postby The Red1 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:32 am

Phempa wrote:Just another dedicated member of Kerrazy-Torrents here to proclaim what an incredible community it was. The staff did their best to keep an extremely large community together, and civil.

Kerrazy-Torrents will be greatly missed, and we all hope it returns as stong as ever...


@zim's accusations.... I don't believe you have much of a clue as to what's going on at Kerrazy-Torrents, and for you to say it's because of the cluelessness of an administrator, is completely out of line. I believe you are the only one who feels this way about KT.
Cheers :)


e-caps wrote:I'm on 1000+ forums and it the same thing all the time.
You say something and here come 19 of the same er 19 new members to defend themself or there friend wow oh well i'll miss that site also, but the guy did seem lost.


@Phempa:If 2 people think the guy was lost....dont you think more might?
MAYBE it is/was true?
ALSO zim wasnt refering to yesterday, more like... maybe years ago.

Whats so hard to believe? :lol:
learning process perhaps? hopefully.
Regardless, it sounds like it had a nice Metal community which IS cool!
Still want it too come back, but all the secretiveness doesnt look good.
Seems like they got busted! A simple statement as to a tech. problem, or we're changing hosts or anything would be nice but its TOO big of a secret. :roll:
Phempa, you said "they will be greatly missed", do YOU know anything? Sounds like you are saying R.I.P.


Goodluck to Kerrazy


soma wrote:It is not so much new members, but rather when people pretend to be (multiple) new members. That is what I was implying in my post. It is common for individuals to be their own allies on the web.

Funny but annoying cuz all you can to is point the finger. I got accused of it b4, but my join date was a month after someone elses. I can see how the other guy thought it though, he was getting ganged up on. :roll: :lol: Maybe it was cuz he was losing? Who knows. :roll:
Last edited by The Red1 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
The Red1
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 2:58 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:09 am

I doubt it when the regulars who make slyck so great arn't interested. Simply, its a bitch to make 10+ accts and remember their info. So, people who find this action often make them that day as the need comes and then abandon their multiple accounts. Ten bucks says that these people never post again. ;)
soma
 

Postby Antonbubba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:34 am

I know! How bout making a thread called 'Somas Conspiracy Theories'?? I guarantee you it will be interesting to say the least.. :D :?
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:07 am

I asked ray to rename the lounge somaland, but it didnt take :(
soma
 

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:18 am

BT is dying. Soon all the crappy sites will be down.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
User avatar
Mel_Smiley_VIP
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:36 am
Location: Dream Country

Postby The Red1 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:29 am

As pathetic as it is, it does happen Antonbubba.

People worry about their egos or feel they have to defend whatever until they appear to be victorious. :roll:
Sometimes some of the comments or typing styles are the same.
All on the same day, only post in the same thread, only worry about the same specific things.
Or sometimes it is people all related to a site, project, or product on the defensive.

soma wrote:I asked ray to rename the lounge somaland, but it didnt take


I thought LxBeast owned this place. :? :D
User avatar
The Red1
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 2:58 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:42 am

We'll see about that!~
soma
 

Postby The Red1 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:01 am

soma wrote:We'll see about that!~

lol...your "counting thread" did help you out quit a bit!
I liked that maneuver. :) The people who joined it just didnt get it, it was YOUR thread. :roll: :lol:
Shut up and let soma count! :D
User avatar
The Red1
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 2:58 am

Postby philthefug » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:43 am

Kerrazy's was a good site. I'm not a metal mutt just an over the hill hippie that found enough garage/psych/progressive/art rock/blues for my picky taste. Nobody seems to know the truth about the site's problems so i won't add anything stupid. I will however pass on this link.
http://island421.cogia.net/index.php?
Many of the regulars (that i'm familiar with) are setting up there (for now) .
philthefug
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:23 am

Postby soma » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:47 am

The Red1 wrote:
soma wrote:We'll see about that!~

lol...your "counting thread" did help you out quit a bit!
I liked that maneuver. :) The people who joined it just didnt get it, it was YOUR thread. :roll: :lol:
Shut up and let soma count! :D


That statement would hold truer if all that post count from that hadn't been deleted by ray as was expected. Also, it wasn't my thread, it was my response to something that had been said elsewhere.
soma
 

Postby The Red1 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:17 am

soma wrote:That statement would hold truer if all that post count from that hadn't been deleted by ray as was expected. Also, it wasn't my thread, it was my response to something that had been said elsewhere.

I tried to look that thread up.....now. :oops:
It was a funny response though.
User avatar
The Red1
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 2:58 am

Postby Antonbubba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:36 pm

Seen quite a few Kerrazy members at Torrentmind.A good site but was lacking membership,til now.. :D
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby e-caps » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:10 pm

Happeh wrote:
e-caps wrote:
soma wrote:I would be very interested to find out exactly who all of these new members are that are attacking zim. It seems mighty odd to me that so many joined today or yesterday.

Despite bad history, it seems to me that the information from zim about the siteop establishes a clear reason as to why the site might have gone down. Until I hear different from someone I know has truthful information (IE - Didn't join Aug 5 2005) I will assume that the site is down due to the lack of organization and knowledge.

~soma

I'm on 1000+ forums and it the same thing all the time.
You say something and here come 19 of the same er 19 new members to defend themself or there friend wow oh well i'll miss that site also, but the guy did seem lost.



That is the craziest thing. I have had a lot of trouble lately joining new forums. I make about 4 posts and all hell breaks loose. People are trigger happy. They go on the attack, yellinig troll and all kinds of nasty abuse. Censorship and banning when they have talked to you less than you talk to a person at the fast food drive thru.

I couldn't figure out why. Was it internet etiquette to attack a total stranger and start cussing them after 2 or 3 posts?

This explains alot. If all these new posters are as suspicious as it looks and people do this kind of thing at forums all over the internet, no wonder people are so touchy and suspicious about new members these days.

Lay off the coffee bro, no way was i attacking you or anyone it's jut my 85 cents I was putting in 8)
User avatar
e-caps
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 pm

Postby Antonbubba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:34 pm

Anyways,back to the topic of this thread.. :? ..I have seen so far 3 sites with many misplaced Kerrazy Fanatics.Seems like all the main people whether they are mods,admins or seeders(from Kerrazy) can be found there.

There is a god.. :twisted:
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby Antonbubba » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:35 am

By the way lost Kerrazy fanatics can go to Darkside's site...Some of them have located there...www.darksiderg.com
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby KerrazY » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:29 pm

I feel it only fair to respond to you Zim
First off you say crappy site by a clueless guy and you said about the site going down, well the site went down because the place that was hosting us kicked us off and that is why the site went down in the early days.

If you think the site is crappy fair enough each to their own but you call me clueless, of course i was clueless when i started kerrazy torrents i had never run a torrent site before, hell i hadn't run any kind of site before and you damn well know it because we spoke about it, of course i made mistakes because i didn't know what the hell i was doing and when you came along you had done the rounds and knew a fair amount about the bit torrent scene and knew a hell of a lot more than me and i stupidly seen you as a friend which reading your views here was just that stupid. I seeked your advise a lot of times and more times than not i took it.

The guy who became the global mod you spoke of that you were not sure if they had quit or not came along, which by the way was xwingnutx who is now an admin over there and a bloody good one at that and that is when you started acting strange and i still believe it is because you felt that you should have been made a global mod which would have been granted if you had asked and your nose was out of joint, but i guess i will never know,then you started accusing me of ignoring your PM's which of course i wasn't, just because my PC was on didn't mean i was sitting there as i was running that damn tracker at the time.

As for you quitting well you just bailed no PM no email you just didn't bother to come back which was pretty low i thought but hey it is up to you how you wanted to leave.

I am not going to get into an arguement with you because i never had a problem with you nor do i have one now but obviously you have a problem with me as you have a lot of animosity towards not just the site but me personaly which is hard to take because as i said i looked upon you as a friend and i feel i have been stabbed in the back by a guy i once trusted and looked up to and feel it is a sad day indeed.

By the way the reason no announcement has been made is because there is nothing to announce at the moment and it is not a server problem.
KerrazY
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Postby zim » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:51 pm

KerrazY wrote:i still believe it is because you felt that you should have been made a global mod


lol. no way... I was perfectly happy as the pc mod. I may not have agreed with your choice of global, but i never wanted the job either. And if you recall you had to talk me into even being a pc mod.
I have no interest in music. And the global mod SHOULD for a mostly music site. And be more intrested in helping the site rather than BEING a mod for the sake of power.

My biggest problem was everything seemed so half assed. It was just a mess. With the general feeling being "it works, good enough." Jumping around from problem to problem and never solving any of them to completion.

As for you quitting well you just bailed no PM no email you just didn't bother to come back which was pretty low i thought but hey it is up to you how you wanted to leave.


Several times i emailed about valid problems that needed something done about. Things where the admin has to be the one to fix them. These got ignored.

A week later i emailed and told you i was thinking about quitting. A week went by with no reply at all. So i said the hell with all of it and removed myself from the board. I figured if you cant even bother to respond, then why am i wasting my time. If the admin dont care.....

Several months later i get an email from you wondering whats up. Since i saw no point in getting involved again, i ignored it.

Looking back. Since you claim i never let you know i was leaving, I have to wonder if you were even getting my emails. Your address was at AOL after all. If thats the case im sorry. But your email DID work at one point. and when it suddenly stops...

From my point of view it looked like i was talking and nobody was listening.

So i said forget it and moved on.


edit: seems i made the right choice too. your current global mod has been here spinning some great lies and sending profanity laced pm's. including making claims about your side of the story. Nice to see proof he was full of shit. But with someone like that "in charge" im glad i never was involved with him in any way.
User avatar
zim
 
Posts: 5776
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 am

Postby Antonbubba » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:17 pm

Nice to hear from the man himself,Kerrazy.Looking forward to any news when it becomes available.

There have been a few sites popping up with members from Kerrazy but its not the same by all means.. :twisted:
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

Postby KerrazY » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:21 pm

Well i can assure you i never got any email, wether you choose to believe me or not is your option but why did you not use the PM system on the board to contact me about things relating to the board then that way i would have got them?

Half assed??? i spent all of my free time on the board in the early days trying to make it better, unless you are talking about that bloody tracker which was the bane of my life and didn't last long.

Also you are making comments about a guy you don't even know, of course he is going to attack you, you are running down a guy he happens to like.
KerrazY
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Postby e-caps » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:35 pm

A great "King" once said...
"Can't we all just get along"

Rodney King
User avatar
e-caps
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 pm

Postby Antonbubba » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:09 pm

So how bout any news on anything in regards to the KT site?? Can't get any info whatsoever.I would accept a pm.. :D

I know I'm in the right place for valid info..Slyck is like the center of the universe for p2p info..
Antonbubba
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to BitTorrent

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com