Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What has happened to Kerrazy-torrents?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

What has happened to Kerrazy-torrents?

Postby TP2040 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:25 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Kerrazy-torrents? I tried to go to the site, and the page wouldn't load.
TP2040

Postby zim » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 pm

crappy site by a clueless guy...

was a mod there till i realized he was clueless...

prolly dead again... its gone down a few times changing hosts.
zim

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:58 am

**Moved to BitTorrent**
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby dougybot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:30 am

zim wrote:crappy site by a clueless guy...

was a mod there till i realized he was clueless...

prolly dead again... its gone down a few times changing hosts.

Can you say 'troll'? 1000+ or not - that is a completely unecessary post for a site which had a cumulative total of well over 100,000 members with a highly active community spirit and was a major force in (mainly) metal music filesharing. Talk about trying to keep the spirit of filesharing alive - you sound more bitter about being laid off as a 'mod' than actually providing anything constructive to say in the least (and with an attitude like yours, it is not surprising you weren't staff - no wonder you imply that you left rather than were sacked, eh? :P). People always come out to bash something once it goes - typical moronic thought processes :roll:

Tip: If you have no idea what you are typing about zim - keep your fingers away from the keyboard.

Yes, the site is down - who knows what will happen next - we are just trying to keep things together in a somewhat cohesive order and help the members in whatever way we can. Unfortunately, no other information is available at this moment in time.

Thanks for reading - and thanks to the members who made the site the great place that it was, dougybot (Current, and active, Global Moderator for KerrazY-Torrents).
dougybot

Postby zim » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:50 am

you sound more bitter about being laid off as a 'mod'...

...dougybot (Current, and active, Global Moderator for KerrazY-Torrents).

ask him. i QUIT. nothing ambiguous about it. he was just a clueless site operator who couldnt keep it together.

zim (EX pc game moderator for kerrazy-torrents)

And since you were never on the site when i was there... as a mod or not. it looks like the global mod he did have quit too.

he was a good guy. just a crappy site op. didnt have it together at all.
zim

Postby dougybot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 am

zim wrote:
you sound more bitter about being laid off as a 'mod'...

...dougybot (Current, and active, Global Moderator for KerrazY-Torrents).

ask him. i QUIT. nothing ambiguous about it. he was just a clueless site operator who couldnt keep it together.

zim (EX pc game moderator for kerrazy-torrents)

And since you were never on the site when i was there... as a mod or not. it looks like the global mod he did have quit too.

he was a good guy. just a crappy site op. didnt have it together at all.

It doesn't particularly matter what you think happened zim, as the staff all know what happened. You are in no position to comment on the site, or its members/staff at all. You are still just flaming unecessarily on what was a very good filesharing forum. You should be ashamed of yourself for the words you wrote initially.

And you know nothing about me either ;)

By posting now about how he was a 'good guy' comes a little too late for it to be sincere on your behalf.

You have no idea why we are closed, you have no idea about the staff there, you have no clue in essence about the site and of KerrazY in particular (going by some of your other posts here at slyck, you appear to have no clue in general).

If you wish to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me here at slyck and we can carry on. There is no point having this discussion here, in open forum, where everyone can see how much of a fool you look like after reading these posts of yours ;)

/ignore troll publicly

----------------------------

Getting back on topic:

Thanks once again to the majority of the former members of KerrazY-Torrents. We know we made a lot of people happy and supported the filesharing community.

We are, of course, very touched by the sincere words of care/worry from people from many forums as regards KerrazY-Torrents. Thank you one and all.

Regards, dougybot
dougybot

Postby zim » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:31 am

Lmao. look whos callin who a troll..

you came and registered today JUST to post in the kerrazy torrents thread. and you provide no information on the site status. Only came here to tell me im a troll.

You're just blowin hot fanboy air.
We parted on good terms and i wished him luck. but the fact remains i QUIT because it wasnt worth my time unless it was done right and was ever going to be more than a 3rd rate torrent site.

I dont give a crap what anyone else thinks or thinks they know. The other staff were not involved in any way. Other than being mostly useless and not improving the site any. And it looks like that hasnt changed either if a fanboy like YOU is a "global mod".

If it really matters to you, email him or get on aim and ask what happend. and while you're at it.. you can find out the status of the site. AND then you could tell people whats going on with the site instead of talking about shit you werent around for and have no clue about.

You are a perfect example of what was wrong with the site. A useless fanboy as a mod. ha. hahahahaha. Real sad a site that had potential continues to link itself to people as useless as yourself.
zim

Postby dougybot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:53 am

It is a real shame that threads regarding the demise of such a good, friendly, open filesharing community site has turned into something which it was not meant to be in the first place - all due to a person who shouldn't be let near a keyboard in the first instance.

I would like to apologise on behalf of member zim for his trollish behaviour and hope that his idiotic comments do not sway you as regards anyones possible feelings towards KerrazY-Torrents.

Suffice to say that the gentleman in question has absolutely no clue about anything regarding KerrazY-Torrents and that he is just posting to try and save face (not working). I have PM'ed the gentleman in question, and if he cannot take it off an open forum and into private discussion, well, that explains a lot of things in my opinion.

My modus operandi here is the same as everywhere else online at the moment. Trying to explain as best we can (which isn't very much unfortunately, but that is the way it is) about our site and what has happened when we see threads on forums where concerned people are asking about K-T. It makes no difference about my post-count and the like - I really don't see how that can be an issue (like post-count ever was an issue anywhere for any reason) when we are talking about the demise about somewhere else.

I can assure you though that the staff are in contact with each other and that if there are any further developments/annoucements to be made, you can be sure that the staff will let people know in due time.

Once again, apologies on behalf of the gentleman who cannot control himself - that has nothing to do with KerrazY-Torrents.

It would be nice if people could stay on topic now :)
dougybot

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:01 am

Very sorry to hear if this site is having problems, and hope I get the opportunity to visit it when it gets itself up and running again.
Nick

Postby zim » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:14 am

You obviously care a great deal about what i think since you took the time to register here at slyck just to reply.

Not with the site status. but just to tell everyone im a troll. :lol:

irony is lost on some folks.
zim

Postby dougybot » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:07 pm

dougybot wrote:It would be nice if people could stay on topic now :)
dougybot

Postby Antonbubba » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:00 am

Thought this post was bout what happened to Kerrazy..Sounds like zim is harboring some longterm resentment for whatever reasons towards the site. :lol:

Dunno bout it being a crappy site though.Kerrazy was packed with members who shared tons of good music and who helped out continuously.. :)

Gonna keep on topic with this thread and hope that things work out for the best

Go Go Kerrazy!! :twisted:
Antonbubba

Postby zim » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:16 am

Actually i made a simple comment and that was the end of it.

Until fanboy mod shows up and starts making things up and made it personal when he doesnt even know me or what happened.

It's all good tho. I'll have the last laugh. :wink:
zim

Postby morbid_666 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Oh my god!

This was the best site for metal torrents.

Kerrazy was a part of my life, I feel like a good friend died!

I am very sad and hope that Kerrazy will return.
:(
morbid_666

Postby coleisgone » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:07 pm

never heard of Kerrazy torrents but yep it's a sad day when another torrent site goes down - but no doubt there will be more to follow and many more will rise up out of the ashes

@ Zim + dougybot you ought to get a room guys instead sharing your kerrazy :roll: foolin around with a public forum :lol:
coleisgone

Postby TheTiananmenMan » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:55 pm

Sad....I loved this site with all my heart...[metallicafan was my username BTW]

I hope its just a setback [new server, maybe offshore? That would be smart...],but I haven't been in the IRC channel for days....
TheTiananmenMan

Postby dougybot » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:37 pm

coleisgone wrote:never heard of Kerrazy torrents but yep it's a sad day when another torrent site goes down - but no doubt there will be more to follow and many more will rise up out of the ashes

@ Zim + dougybot you ought to get a room guys instead sharing your kerrazy :roll: foolin around with a public forum :lol:

Yup sad day :|

However, I completely agree with your last statement - we did get a room, but I forgot to lock the door :P
dougybot

Postby soma » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:52 pm

I would be very interested to find out exactly who all of these new members are that are attacking zim. It seems mighty odd to me that so many joined today or yesterday.

Despite bad history, it seems to me that the information from zim about the siteop establishes a clear reason as to why the site might have gone down. Until I hear different from someone I know has truthful information (IE - Didn't join Aug 5 2005) I will assume that the site is down due to the lack of organization and knowledge.

~soma
soma

Postby carcassfan » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:32 pm

fuck...i didnt even know about this site and I'm a metal fan... :o :o
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."

-Ted Nugent

God Bless America!
Tekk wrote:most of the things being pirated are obscure mexican bands
carcassfan

IRC channel is up

Postby konkat » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:55 am

Kerrazy Torrents was an amazing site for metal. In my opinion it surpassed the metal groups on usenet, the metal hubs for Direct Connect, IRC and eDonkey (Eselmetal). I first found out about Kerrazy from Suprnova which had torrents that originated from Kerrazy. When Suprnova went down I made the switch to Kerrazy and it soon became my favourite website to visit.

Former Kerrazy members have been taking refuge in this chatroom. irc://irc.p2p-irc.net:6667/kerrazy-torrents I was in it earlier today just lurking, and didn't see anyone give a reason as to why the site was down.
konkat

Postby The Red1 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:33 am

I want to check it out too. Went into the chatroom, guess you have to wait for the channel topic to change and say why.
Wouldnt mind some good metal torrents.

@dougybot....zim isnt bad guy, just very blunt...sometimes brutally blunt. :lol:
Maybe the site WAS bad at the time he was there and you werent, you dont know(neither do I, but I would take zim's word for it...he IS NOT clueless).
At the same time... site's CAN get better, so both of you guy's might be wrong. :P :? :P :?
What kind of response did you expect after your first post anywayz? :lol:

dougybot wrote:Yes, the site is down - who knows what will happen next - we are just trying to keep things together in a somewhat cohesive order and help the members in whatever way we can. Unfortunately, no other information is available at this moment in time.

Please let us know over here, when you have any info you can let out.
Interested in the Metal part of the site! I'd like a good source for metal torrents too!
The Red1

Postby e-caps » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:57 pm

soma wrote:I would be very interested to find out exactly who all of these new members are that are attacking zim. It seems mighty odd to me that so many joined today or yesterday.

Despite bad history, it seems to me that the information from zim about the siteop establishes a clear reason as to why the site might have gone down. Until I hear different from someone I know has truthful information (IE - Didn't join Aug 5 2005) I will assume that the site is down due to the lack of organization and knowledge.

~soma

I'm on 1000+ forums and it the same thing all the time.
You say something and here come 19 of the same er 19 new members to defend themself or there friend wow oh well i'll miss that site also, but the guy did seem lost.
e-caps

Postby Phempa » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:07 pm

Just another dedicated member of Kerrazy-Torrents here to proclaim what an incredible community it was. The staff did their best to keep an extremely large community together, and civil.

Kerrazy-Torrents will be greatly missed, and we all hope it returns as stong as ever...

@zim's accusations.... I don't believe you have much of a clue as to what's going on at Kerrazy-Torrents, and for you to say it's because of the cluelessness of an administrator, is completely out of line. I believe you are the only one who feels this way about KT.

Cheers :)
Phempa

Postby divasatanica » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:43 pm

Has it been shut down by the authorities? Kerrazy is the best community I've been to. A closely knitted group of metal lovers, where else can you find a place like that. Thumbs up to the guys and gals who made it such a nice place.

Hope Kerrazy-Torrent will be up again soon. Long live Heavy Metal!!! :twisted:
divasatanica

Postby Anonymous » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:24 am

e-caps wrote:
soma wrote:I would be very interested to find out exactly who all of these new members are that are attacking zim. It seems mighty odd to me that so many joined today or yesterday.

~soma

I'm on 1000+ forums and it the same thing all the time.
You say something and here come 19 of the same er 19 new members to defend themself or there friend wow oh well i'll miss that site also, but the guy did seem lost.

That is the craziest thing. I have had a lot of trouble lately joining new forums. I make about 4 posts and all hell breaks loose. People are trigger happy. They go on the attack, yellinig troll and all kinds of nasty abuse. Censorship and banning when they have talked to you less than you talk to a person at the fast food drive thru.

I couldn't figure out why. Was it internet etiquette to attack a total stranger and start cussing them after 2 or 3 posts?

This explains alot. If all these new posters are as suspicious as it looks and people do this kind of thing at forums all over the internet, no wonder people are so touchy and suspicious about new members these days.
Anonymous

Next

Return to BitTorrent