Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Is WinMX a good alternative?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby LxBeast » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:51 am

Dazzle wrote:Well call me the last of the paranoid brigade, but my WinMx activities are not all nicely logged and catalogued for the riaa/mpaa lawyers to sift through when the latest tracker owner caves in and sells out, let alone anyone joining into all the downloads themselves and logging the easy to see IP, addresses at a rapid speed
Decentralised is a whole lot safer, its a fact.

It's also a 'fact' that de-cent networks can easily be filled with fakes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Loki went down and the **aa's recieved the tracker logs, I don't remember anyone getting sued.

Apart from the fact BT logs grow to a ridiculous size, many logs/if not all logs are constantly refreshed.

The **aa's [mainly the MPAA] are focusing on the original seeders/tracker operators of a file on BT.
LxBeast

Postby king » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:43 am

* WinMX is an obsolete program and find function is slow or it doesn't work well! Needed a WinMX protocol update but FrontCode still sleeping...

* on BitTorrent the files have very short life and it doesn't exist a find function in the program, so it's useless for sharing files.

* On eMule you can find everything: the newest and the oldest files. Find function is very fast
king

Postby LxBeast » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:00 am

WinMX needs an update

BT is not uselss, it may be to you but not all of us agree with such a statement.

Emule is better for old/rare files, it's pointless trying to grab the latest file's when there's to little seeders/sources, and to many leechers.

BT is the preferred way for new content, and there's no reason why numerous file-sharing apps can't be used together, to get the best of both/?? worlds.
LxBeast

Previous

Return to WinMX