Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Is it possible?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Is it possible?

Postby MmudBone » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:06 am

As the subject starts "Is it possible" to find out what date a particular room was first started on WinMX? Any database on this anywhere? TIA
MmudBone

Postby Solomon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:58 am

No.
Solomon

Postby -KM- » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:38 pm

if you right click the host and select whois it'll tell you how long they have had winmx running for, and most hosts open the room within a few minutes of starting winmx so you can assume that they last re-opened the room that long ago...

although i assume you mean when they first opened it, not how long its been there for... i dont think anyone is keeping a archive of the channels from one day to the next - there are a few people that could have easilly made a program to do it but i doubt any of them bothered (for the same reason i didn't bother - its pretty useless data)
-KM-

Postby Nessmaster » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:53 pm

BTW, I know this has nothing to do with your question, but I think there was a new rule made saying that we can't have any image sigs...
Nessmaster

Postby MmudBone » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:48 pm

Nessmaster wrote:BTW, I know this has nothing to do with your question, but I think there was a new rule made saying that we can't have any image sigs...

I really don't know if this is true or not I don't recall reading this rule but if this is the case then if you think about it a rule wouldn't be needed just DISABLE that ability in the area where you create your profile.

--------------EDIT----------------
I just checked the FAQ again and indeed you can post images by following the very staight forward guideline here http://www.slyck.com/forums/faq.php#24 under the heading "Can I post Images?"
MmudBone

Return to WinMX