Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Where is the d/l info stored in WinMX?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Where is the d/l info stored in WinMX?

Postby spy1 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:12 am

On a program such as KazaLite, you can find the info on what's been d/l'ed, what's pending (incomplete) and what's been searched for in the "db" folder (data256.dbb/data1024.dbb/np.tmp) using a program such as Textview to read them in understandable form.

What are the names of the files where similar info is stored in WinMX?

And, are they in the WinMX folder, or elsewhere? Pete
spy1

Postby Solomon » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:36 am

They are in your Incompletes folder.
Solomon

Postby spy1 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:25 am

Okay, so it's downloads.dat - downloads.bak and the thumbs.db? (I'm making an "on-demand" entry series for Eraser).

BTW, what are the "library.dat" files you mention in your sig? Something I should also include? Pete
spy1

Postby Solomon » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:34 pm

The only info you'll be able to find out is the hash for the file - there isnt a log of whats been downloaded and searched for. I didnt understand at first what info it was you wanted.

Library.dat is the listing of all the files you're sharing currently. If Eraser is the secure deletion prog, then no, dont include it.

Thumbs.db is part of your operating system. I *think* its some kind of cache of the icons that are in use in that particular folder. I think you can turn it off if you dont use it, in Folder Options.
Solomon

Postby -KM- » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:01 am

those details aren't stored anywhere, winmx only stores your settings in those files (and the cache of the library) - the only info it has on downloads is the previously downloaded files are in your download folder, and incomplete ones are also in the download folder just with the extra info winmx needs about them saved in the filename
-KM-

Return to WinMX