PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

WinMX vs. Ares

WinMX
47%
Ares
53%

Total votes : 58

Postby InfectiousDust » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:40 pm

WinMX all the way. Just because it's oldskool, doesn't mean it's bad. I don't think there is any other P2P program out there that offers the same level of customization and configuration that can be found in WinMX.
Steep learning curve? Bah....
InfectiousDust

Postby -KM- » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:58 am

winmx has millions of users and is one of the largest p2p networks going (my best calculations show it to be at least a couple of million online when i did my check, which was during the "quiet" time of the day), so it cant be nearly as bad as some people seem to think it is...

i think the stupid ones are people who say one network is great and only use that one, the smart people are the ones who use a few different networks to get files, for example when i was looking for an episode of a certain program one episode i could only get about 10k/s from bit torrent (trying a few torrents from decent private and public sites) yet winmx got it at a nice 100k/s... yet the next episode of it i got a good 100k/s from bit torrent and could only get about 4-5k/s on winmx...
-KM-

WinMX all the way...

Postby king8654 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:25 pm

While i must admit, ARES is not a bad program, but after gettin used to WinMX for about a year now, and being in the inner circle of movie groups and p2p circle, i must say WinXM owns Ares.

I also believe WinMX to be underlookd by the RIAA and MPAA in comparision to Ares. As far as customization, WInmx is definetly the winner, and i think as far as the database goes, and the availibilty of files, Win MX is the winner.

Ares remind me too much of Warez P2P and Kazaa and all those programs. WinMX has my vote. :twisted:
king8654

Winmx, Ares And Limewire

Postby all-that » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:52 am

I use limewire winmx and ares use limewire its really fast
all-that

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:41 am

Limewire works really well. I still stick to Winmx for all my needs 98% of the time and lately it seems to be getting even better for me. Maybe because I changed OS though.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby Duex_et_Machina » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:51 am

I think this is like anything else, there are good points and bad points to anything in life.. and ppl will make up their own minds..

One thing that makes WinMX stand apart from any of the rest is the community that brings it to life...
My World is dominated by WinMX
Duex_et_Machina

Postby Silverfox969 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:52 pm

I'd like to try ares. where can I download safely from
Silverfox969

not much of a choice.

Postby zbeast » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:10 pm

Well I have tryed just about all the file trading applications out there and if I had to pick between the two I would use Ares.

If I had a real choice I would use emule.

can find it?

run firefox and where you would normaly type in a URL just type "emule" without the quotes or a .com and hit return.

It takes you to the right site. Cool hmmmmm :)
Give me some of that sweet mule love.
zbeast

Postby Allied » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Old thread. Back when the two programs were equals.
Silverfox969 wrote:I'd like to try ares. where can I download safely from

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

Ares over WinMX, alive or dead.
I think I'd even pick Ares over eMule. On average the files I get from conventional networks are small. Ares beats ED2K for a single mp3 any day.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Silverfox969 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:32 am

WinMX or Ares?

well I tried Ares out last night. Not bad, good selection of tunes but a lot of my searches produced no results. I hope this improves as WinMX users migrate to Ares. My only gripe is you can only perform one search at a time, bit of a pain going backwards and forwards etc.

My conclusion - Ares has been the best out of the bundle I've tried lately but still not a patch on WinMX.

cheers

Siverfox969
Silverfox969

Previous

Return to WinMX