Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

WinMX queue problems..

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

WinMX queue problems..

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:39 am

Hey. I was just wondering if anyone knows why i have been losing all the queues for my downloads the last couple of days? Every hour or so all the queues for my downloads seem to be refreshing themselves.. so i end up losing connection with everyone and then it takes a good 15 minutes before my queues start to build up again. Its really starting to p*ss me off :evil:

I am using QuickMX and i am guessing this is some kind of safe guard that the programers have put in recently to stop people like me jumping the queue?? So to speak :P

And yes i am still using v3.31.. i dont see the point in using WinMX without QuickMX. Does anyone know of a new QuickMX type program for v3.53?

Thanx in advance.
Huey

Postby red duck » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:44 am

i belive somewhere at slyck i read that use of quickmx can be compared to the dos attack on network. so if you realy care about the network you will stop using it.
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:52 am

I dont know what the equivalent to a dos attack is? But it would be\will be hard to give up something that does everything 50 times quicker. I dont know if i could ever go back to 10 minute source finds that last about 45 seconds.. what a nightmare :P
Huey

Postby DaBlade » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:03 am

QuickMX is the biggest shitapp ever (poorly) written! Get rid of it! It causes great pressure on the WPN(WinMX Peer Network) and using it is just like giving apollon another planet to hold(roman/greek mythology, apollon is a god that holds the entire planet). It's causing davastating pressure on the network, and whoever wrote it should be banned from using a computer ever again.

Now, your problem is caused buy QuickMX. Your bandwidth can't handle all the pressure QMX puts on it, so it keeps losing connections to other peers to compensate for it. Believe me, both the WPN and you will be better off getting rid of that piece of shit.
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby DaBlade » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:08 am

Huey wrote:I dont know what the equivalent to a dos attack is? But it would be\will be hard to give up something that does everything 50 times quicker. I dont know if i could ever go back to 10 minute source finds that last about 45 seconds.. what a nightmare :P

So your speed is worth more then the entire WPN? That's like saying save me, but kill the rest of my family.

My method is fairly simple. I search for new sources manually often, I got my autosearch set on 10mins, and I use hash searching ("Search for Alternates") to find a maximum amount of users. Then I use a message that I got stored, asking about trade. I don't feel like posting it here, it's a trade secret :lol: , and I send it to all the users I'm queued with who have low/medium (up to 30) queues. I end up getting everything very fast without hitting the WPN on the head with a baseballbat.

DaBlade

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:14 am

What happens is quickmx overloads the primary peer your connected to with too many requests. Sooner or later the peer can't take all the requests your putting it through so your files time out and you loss your place in que. You are also causing many others to loss their places also and maybe even crashing someones computer. Its very bad on the network and in the end, useless.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:49 am

That's like saying save me, but kill the rest of my family.

lol Thats one way to make your point I guess :) I have to admit that i had no idea of the side effect of using this program.. generally i havent had any problems with it myself though.. i havent lost my queues in the last couple of hours neither.

I guess I am going to have to be a bit more patient now and start trading some more. It will be nice to check out v3.53 too. Peace all.
Huey

Postby DaBlade » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:04 am

you can download WinMX.exe from my server. It's without the installer, so you just replace the old WinMX.exe...
Download the installerless WinMX.exe

DaBlade

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:19 am

Cheers DaBlade, but ive already replaced it. I had a copy of 3.53 lying around; just uninstalled and installed, no biggy :wink:
Huey

Postby Artie » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:24 am

If one is intent on using QuickMX, then have it auto-search between 3 and 5 files at a time. I think that sets a nice balance between not bogging down the network too much and finding sources much quicker. There's no reason to have it set at 10 all the time.
Artie

Postby little_rabbit » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:57 pm

Q-managing is surely the worst feature of WinMX, and if not, searching Feature is the worst, imho...

So, perhaps no wonder if people are using a tool as QuickMX.. :roll: :roll:
perhaps majors have develop it, just to ruin this p2p
:lol: :lol:

By chance, the guys who are working on WinMx are hardly working on a 3.55 release, after a hard work to improve the really vital feature of chatting :P :P :P
little_rabbit

Return to WinMX