Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Tixati is the new winmx

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Tixati is the new winmx

Postby IslandGirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 am

In 2007, Frontcode, the creators and developers of winmx were on the verge of releasing a new encrypted protocol [winmx 4.0]when they were shut down by the RIAA. Since then Frontcode has made no attempts to contact or reply to the various groups keeping winmx alive with their winsock hacks, until now with the release of tixati which is clearly the promised winmx 4 protocol.
I therefore withdraw my support for old unencrypted winmx and look forward to added tixati features and developement. :D
IslandGirl

Re: Tixati is the new winmx

Postby tiny4eva » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:42 am

It has nothing to do with winmx. And is a torrent client. It does not connect to the winmx network, and you cant search for files on it. You have to use sites like the pirate bay and mininova to search for files.

Do people not try software out before writing up stupid crap. Sure its looking like frontcode made this, but dont get carried away.
Winmx, We wont sell out like them Scurvy infected Pirate Bay Boys

http://patch.winmxconex.com
tiny4eva

Postby sunnyd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 am

First of all, Tixati is NOT WinMX, it is Tixati, a torrent client. Second of all, The year was 2005, not 2007. When WinMX was a new program, Kevin (author and CEO of Frontcode) tried to author his own protocol, but he couldn't get his own network running right. He then used OpenNap instead and implemented functions that made his client reject uploads from other clients and gave his own client preferential treatment. WinMX v4 didn't work out, Kevin totally desserted WinMX. So... now he's doing it again with Bram Cohen's protocol. He must think he's gonna make himself famous again hitching a ride from BT like he did OpenNap, We wonder how many years it will use torrents before the Tixati peer network (is that coming next?) is stable enough to implement... Too Late Kevin, Ludwig Strigeus beat you to this one 4 years ago. When µTorrent exists, who's gonna use this thing, and how's it gonna get as popular as WinMX was? Kevin recently tried spamming his new Tixati client on versions of WinMX that were not patched. This left numerous users wondering where their client was being hacked from, since they were seeing this Tixati advertisement. At first nobody knew this was Kevin, but their clients were defaulting back to the WinMX domain that Kevin still owns, and this nice little stunt from Kevin caused security concerns for many.

Also, WinMX v4 was NOT an encrypted protocol, it was supposed to fix the broken features in v3.

Don't advertise for Tixati in a WinMX thread, that in itself is just bullshit.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby tiny4eva » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 am

He he, blimey. You almost have me thinking you dont like WinMX their SunnyD. So whats open-nap? A pilferer of Napster :D But yes i agree 90% with that lol. As for it being version 4.0. Where in the whole programme did they get that from. Their is no Search window, No chat window. An it clearly states on the home page its a P2P programme that uses the Bittorent Protocol. Not the Winmx Network Protocol lol.

As for the winmx programme itself, it has always had encryption, their is only one part of the process that isnt, and that is transfers, as it transfers unencrypted like open-nap.Not that it matters much as the transfers are initially handled by the primary for extra security. Some have different reasoning's for this, For compatibility for open-nap or because at the time their wasnt actually much call for it. Many summised verison 4 would have the whole process completely encrypted, including transfers. An if you look threw the changes in each version it certainly looked like version 4 was goin to be the transfers section worked on. As everything else works flawlessly, encrypted, and still remains the only network i know of that hasnt had somebody sued on it.

tiny4eva

Postby sunnyd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:05 am

No, I have no problem with certain versions of WinMX at all, I DO have a problem with what Kevin did, and how this is being advertised as new WinMX here. I have NO idea where they came up with "this is v4". False and stupid advertising.

And....... hello Tiny, lol.
sunnyd

Postby tiny4eva » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:07 am

Well i agree with that one 100% lol. And Hi Sunny :lol:

tiny4eva

Postby sunnyd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 am

Let me add this, while I do have a problem with one specific version of WinMX, I still continue to help WinMX users on a daily basis, users on all versions of WinMX. I continue to try to get them off the version I don't care for, lol.
sunnyd

Return to WinMX