Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

New Open-Source WinMX Client: WinPy

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: New Open-Source WinMX Client: WinPy

Postby Dazzle_2 » Sun May 18, 2008 3:52 pm

One of the developers has handed me a picture to reassure you all that the client does In fact support unicode, this is very reassuring for me too :)

http://www.winmxworld.com/images/winpy_unicode_view.png

I,m told the next part of the build involves constructing the secondary to primary client handling array, I suspect to get this perfected will take a bit of time but hell its a long time before xmas :D
Dazzle_2

Postby Akumajou » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 pm

What's the status of WinPy? Why hasn't it's download on SourceForge been updated?
Akumajou

Postby Dazzle_2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi Akumajou sorry for the delay in replying (serious system damage here after clicking a link for an overnet client for my archives), the news at the present is that the main python developer has taken a break and the secondary developer has not been at all well, one is a youthful chap and the other is considerably older, both have other commitments such as university and work, they have however left me in possesion of the 5 "primary" builds and src, thus far so we havent lost anything and I expect this to be a temporary situation.

The reason for the primary builds not appearing on sourceforge is purely one of avoiding controversy within the community, some community members have stated that should such an even take place there will be another war of words that will further divide the community that I and others had hoped to avoid, the planned strategy is to reach a stage of having something working to release first and then working on securing/modifying the protocols slightly at the points we feel need improving on, these are well known and thus far unexploited areas that are spoken about hardly at all for security reasons.

To sum up then, progress slow to dead but code in hand still for when the coders have enough free time to complete the client, we still have the other client in the works thats being worked on and its anyones guess as to which one will pass the finish line first, if anyone else is interested in developing for the mx community and wants to take a peek at some of the development info we have accumulated drop me a line and I,ll see what can be arranged for you.

I,ll keep you informed when the team get back to work Akumajou :)
Dazzle_2

Postby chainmail » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 am

Just curious, but what ever happened to Winzo, the former future WinMX clone?
chainmail

Postby craftycorner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 am

I smell baby hydras. :lol:

I love the smell of hydras in the morning :lol: :lol:

My God, its full of files!

Crafty
craftycorner

Postby Dazzle_2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 am

Just curious, but what ever happened to Winzo, the former future WinMX clone?

Hi Chainmail, that project got off to a flying start but after reaching version 4 the developer "Amon Duul" closed shop and disappeared he did however leave his src code for others to look over and learn from and its programmers like that who bring the community forward, you can obtain his src code from the wmw archives if your interested in such matters.

http://archive.winmxworld.com/WinZo/
Dazzle_2

Previous

Return to WinMX