Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Down And Out ?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Down And Out ?

Postby Dazzle_2 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 am

I noticed we seem to have reached non p2p network status here on Slycks, the help guide has disappeared.

Is this part of a general shifting of the site from p2p only events and more towards the technical news arena or is winmx now deemed no longer an "asset" in terms of the Slycks readership ?
Dazzle_2

Re: Down And Out ?

Postby IslandGirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I have been a winmx user for years and although I have tried all other p2p networks I always return to winmx as it has a glorious array of files. I can get all the latest files there as well as many rare old files I can't find anywhere else. Wnmx also has the advantage of being able to connect to as many open nap networks as you can find while simultaneously being connected to the WPN. I recommend winmx to anyone I know who wants to share files but am dismayed by the lack of help & support I find online for it . Slycks has always been about p2p and the winmx help page at slycks was great historical document for anyone who is interested in the history of winmx to read. Please put it back up.

sincerely - Grace
IslandGirl

Postby SlyckRay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 pm

i'll be putting the guide back up on wednesday.

cheers.
Ray
SlyckRay

Postby SlyckTom » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 am

Sorry or the delay folks. This is on our list of things to do.
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby IslandGirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:19 pm

Thankyou for your assurance http://www.slyck.com/winmx.php will be returning soon. Is that still the correct url or has it been changed, http://www.slyck.com/winmx.php still gives me a "no longer exists" page. Many changes have happened to winmx in the past couple of years, with many more to come. If you need any additional info for your winmx page please feel free to contact me using the email provided to sing up for this account :)
IslandGirl

Postby SlyckRay » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 pm

hi, i've put the guide back online and would love it if you wanted to update the guide. if you want to send me the changes you want to make or even better, i'll send you copies of the current pages and you can just make the changes you see fit and send them back to me. Let me know your preference and thanks for the offer!

Ray
SlyckRay

Postby IslandGirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 am

Thankyou very much for putting the guide back up Ray, it is much appreciated, I have sent you a pm regarding updates and changes
- grace
IslandGirl

Postby IslandGirl » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:34 am

Dear Ray,
It's ok if you prefer send me the pages and I will make the changes like you said. I realize you have alot of work to do and I'm happy to help.
love - grace
IslandGirl

Return to WinMX