Slyck Chatbox - And More

Wireless Connection Issues

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Wireless Connection Issues

Postby Blithe_Coyote » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:06 pm

To anyone who can help,
I just recently got wireless internet hooked up and could not wait to connect to MXPie and bask in my new found speed of downloading my favorite media. To my surprise I could not connect. I deleted everything and downloaded a fresh version of WinMX 3.53 and then a fresh version of MXPie 3.5 patch. Still no connection. Then I tried my old dial up connection, it connected in seconds. I am running Windows XP. I've tried both primary and secondary connections with the wireless. I've also tried to connect with windows firewall turned off, no luck. Someone please help. thank you so muc.

Chris
Blithe_Coyote

Re: Wireless Connection Issues

Postby Fartingbob » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:45 pm

Most likely your wireless router hasnt opened the ports needed for winMX. To learn how to check and open ports go to http://www.portforward.com
They have guides for pretty much every program out there, with a step by step guide for each different router. An Invaluable site.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby Blithe_Coyote » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:40 am

Hey,
Thanks a lot. What a great site. Unfortunatly, after setting up a static IP and Port Forwarding, i still cant log on to winmx. I checked my routers website and the rule was applied with no complications.

Chris
Blithe_Coyote

Postby Scyre » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm

You would do much better off getting the patch that filters MD connections and fake results. It is also more stable for connection and uses advanced peercaches.

It is available here:
http://patch.winmxconex.com

It is a patch written by KM (who also wrote almost every other part in the connection process)

Hope this helps!

Be Good
Scyre

Return to WinMX