Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Good alternative?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Good alternative?

Postby suzetteml » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am

I have had some major problems when running winmx over the past few months. Basically, it runs fine for a couple of hours, then it causes my computer to have a fatal error and shut down. I cannot have this, so I finally deleted the program and all the support programs that I was using.

My dilemma is that I liked the fact that I could search winmx using key words, artists or song titles and usually come up with something that looked interesting. In this way, I have discovered many new artists and labels that I would never have if I had to spend my hard earned cash on them not knowing anything about them. I have purchased many cd's based on this method. I like popular music as well as classical, world, ambient, meditative, jazz, children's music and audio books. I need a site that can offer me as large a variety with similar search options as winmx. I also liked that it was user friendly, at least I thought so.

Any suggestions of p2p/fileshare sites that I can check out?

Also, any ideas on why it was crashing my computer?

peace,
Suzette
suzetteml

Postby HalOfBorg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:22 am

I have never had WinMX crash my PC. Itself - yes.

You using the 3.54b from http://www.winmxworld.com/? It gives me no trouble beyond the normal. They also have a Vista patch. Seems to be for connection problems. Only support program I use is PeerGuardian2.

Direct Link http://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Connection%20Fix/Install-3.0-3.54b4.exe
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer: http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

We are The Borg.
Lower your weapons. Disarm your explosives.
Your spawn will adapt to service Us.
Resistance is futile.
HalOfBorg

Postby suzetteml » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:59 pm

Actually, I did find a fix for my problem. It seems that because I was running a primary connection, there was an issue with a driver causing the fatal error. There is a fix to tell windows to not shut down and restart when this happens, or I could have just switched to a secondary connection. I reinstalled winmx and switched to secondary and have been running just fine for 11 hrs and 15 mins and counting. If I find the link to the site I found the fix on, I will post it in a separate thread and put a reference here.

Thanks.
suzetteml

Postby LD50% » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:54 pm

Without going on a rant, eMule does all that you want and more. Just use the verified ed2k links on many sites to get genuine file's or just use common sense. Everyone who uses the mule never goes back.....well maybe they do? Maybe... 8)
LD50%

Return to WinMX