Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

About WinMX 4.0

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Meehowski » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:36 pm

I hope the release wiil be soon..........
Calendar of Updates
Keep Your Security Software Current
Upgrades, Updates & Definitions
Meehowski

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:20 pm

Ha, I wouldn't bet on that.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:43 pm

well, it's a month after the unofficial release date... and no new yet :(
to make matters worse, i got a letter from my isp (road runner) bitching that i was using too much upstream bandwidth. does anyone know a good comeback to shut them up? I mean i know it's mine and i pay for it, so why do they care what i do with it?

Postby dogmeat » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:50 pm

In the contract you signed for the connection it probably states you won't run a server on it. WinMX is a server. There's no comeback for you. Get a better ISP or limit your uploads.
dogmeat

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:45 pm

any suggestion what i should limit my uploads too if my ceiling is 36 kb/s? any suggestions about another service besides rr?

found a WinMX contact e-mail of sorts

Postby sybesma » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:22 pm

betatest@winmx.com

I tried a bunch of different possibilities. This is the only one that didn't bounce back as being undeliverable.

I would just like it if Kevin Hearn posted a very short note once or twice a month on the status.

Not too much to ask I don't think. I know he's busy and if he doesn't want to answer the e-mail, he doesn't have to -- but you can't blame us for being hungry and not having any regular news to go on.
sybesma

Postby SlyckTom » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:01 pm

According to FrontCode, the latest estimate placed the release of 4.0 "at the end of this year." Since there's only a few more weeks left, I'll be shooting an email over to them to get the latest scoop. If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask them, post them to the thread...maybe I'll make this a Slyck community interview...:)
SlyckTom

sounds excellent!

Postby sybesma » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:08 pm

I'm pretty committed to WinMX, having used it for almost 2 years.

If they can make this work with some kind of anonymity for the IP address, this is going to be one of the easiest to use programs like that out there and the usership I think will climb quite a bit from what it used to be.

Looking forward to it.

SlyckTom wrote:According to FrontCode, the latest estimate placed the release of 4.0 "at the end of this year." Since there's only a few more weeks left, I'll be shooting an email over to them to get the latest scoop. If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask them, post them to the thread...maybe I'll make this a Slyck community interview...:)
sybesma

Postby dawg13 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 pm

i would like to ask if 2.6 will ever be able to connect to the wpn again and if not, why?
dawg13

Postby snoochiboobies » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:26 pm

who votes on a 11:59 dec 31st release? :D
snoochiboobies

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:14 am

The Notorious wrote:I'm tired of people saying that WinMx is the bomb. It's definitely better than the regular Kazaa, but definitely not better than Kazaa Lite. More files, faster downloads, and safety from the RIAA makes Kazaa Lite the #1 choice in the meantime. Thanks for your understanding.

this kid needs to get a fuckin life...fasttrack sucks...

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:49 pm

snoochiboobies wrote:who votes on a 11:59 dec 31st release? :D

What year?

Postby The Notorious » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:
The Notorious wrote:I'm tired of people saying that WinMx is the bomb. It's definitely better than the regular Kazaa, but definitely not better than Kazaa Lite. More files, faster downloads, and safety from the RIAA makes Kazaa Lite the #1 choice in the meantime. Thanks for your understanding.

this kid needs to get a fuckin life...fasttrack sucks...

That's your opinion and I highly respect that. I know many individuals would diagree with me but I've found the FastTrack network to be a much better resource than WinMX & the Opennap servers combined. You might run into "fake" files here and there, but I believe you just need to be intelligent enough to manipulate the FastTrack network through Kazaa Lite to your very own benefit. I manage to be at the level where I get the best out of Kazaa Lite. BTW, a lot of WinMX users lately are migrating to the eDonkey2000 network and I clearly see the reason behind that.
The Notorious

???

Postby Rautavaara » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:04 am

Which is the best winmx version...
In other words which one is the most problem free and stable?
People allways write, that the other one is better than last one...
I have been using 3.31...is this the right choise? :shock: :?:
Rautavaara

Postby The Galloping Goose » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:22 am

After what I have heard 4.0 is the best :D .... but it's not out yet :cry:

So 3.31 is the latest and in my opinion the best so far
The Galloping Goose

Postby The Legend » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:26 pm

Wake me up when something happens....
The Legend

Winmx vs. Kazaa

Postby 2centsworth » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:45 am

Winmx has much more control and with some expierience can be much faster than kazaa in that you don't waist as much time dldng fakes, virus, and such. What a waist of bw and recources. How fast do you want to dnld fakes. I can usually dnld new rls same day or within 24hrs. I would say that is more than satisfactory. And no bogus filez waisted my time or bw. Learn to manage who and what you share and it is hard to beat with any p2p client. kazaa speed is impressive at first untill u find out it is all junk bogus crap that you have dnlded all day.
2centsworth

Postby Murdock » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:50 am

I think K.Hearn don't have time to spend on winmx anymore... i remember he first taked about october 2003 as release date.
Now after 4 month... no news in his site, no news here (the interviews are vague when describing development).

Why not to open sources of winmx and release it in gpl?
Slyck, what about ask this in next interview?
Murdock

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:51 am

WinMX 4 is pretty much a joke now :lol:

Postby snoochiboobies » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:08 am

have you forsaken us, oh master of the winmx code?
snoochiboobies

win mx

Postby ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²° » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:52 pm

Well if any of you are haveing problems hosting a chat room on mx
you can thank two people for it one is KM he hostes  ~ Computer Help_CF08225203E8
and his site is http://mirror1.mxtools.net:8080/ if its not down now
The other is SNip who hostes TEEN EXTREME TEEN_AE5F12188F5B
and his site is http://nushipoison.homestead.com/Index.html if it has not been taken down now they have been offering the poison program for down load and have caused the chat network to go down hill. slyck if you can check it out for yourself and tell those that inforce the right to use of mx of thees two's misuse of the wpn ty for your time its about time we all put a stop to this.
feal free to move this if to in the right forum
ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²°

Postby Plyms Bone » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:22 pm

lol
I reported snips home page as abuse and the abuse team @homestead.com said they would look into it.
then all download pages went.

I would like to think it was the abuse report that did it.
But someting has to be done now, uses of the channels are being abused and are leaving.
KM and Snip King aka FoxIE should be leaving on the short bus.
Plyms Bone

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:57 pm

Plyms Bone wrote:I would like to think it was the abuse report that did it.

I really hope it was as well, Plyms Bone. People like Snip and KM should be placed under "computer arrest" - never allowed to touch a computer again.

report the abuse

Postby just little 'ol me » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:41 pm

I think we should all collectively work on getting the IP's of the users using poison on the channels on mx and reporting it to their ISP's.

to start; KM's isp is blueyonder. You can email them here, abuse@blueyonder.co.uk. Will work on getting snips
just little 'ol me

Postby Meehowski » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:57 pm

Well.......good.....I hope the release is soon......
Calendar of Updates
Keep Your Security Software Current
Upgrades, Updates & Definitions
Meehowski

PreviousNext

Return to WinMX