Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

About WinMX 4.0

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby The Notorious » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:02 am

I would like you to post a reply for my "P2P File Sharing" forum.
The Notorious
 

Postby The Notorious » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:25 am

What P2P program would you suggest to use, mr.jip???
The Notorious
 

Postby The Notorious » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:32 am

By theory, the more users = the more files you'll find. By searching the whole entire network, you should be fine, mr.jip.
The Notorious
 

Postby napro » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:16 am

The Notorious wrote:By theory, the more users = the more files you'll find. By searching the whole entire network, you should be fine, mr.jip.
tha average user on winmx (in my experience shares about) 50MB. now that doesnt even come CLOSE to the direct connect user who share at LEAST 500MB to 100GB so...whatz j00 point?
-Napro-
napro
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:18 am
Location: Infront of a computer

Postby The Notorious » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:27 pm

By the way Napro, if you were to search through the entire Fasttrack network, you probably would have found the file you were looking for, I still believe that you didn't search enough. That's all.
The Notorious
 

Postby mr.jip » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:02 pm

you never search through all the user on fasttrack when u search. When u connect on kazaa you connect to super node and there are many super nodes that kazaaa uses, so at any givin time you are connected to a small portion of fastrack.
Like napro i can never find the stuff in looking for cos it just dont have it.
mr.jip
 

Postby DJ XiEmEIsTeR » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:39 pm

All i kno is that WInMX 4 is still in progress.
DJ XiEmEIsTeR
 

winmx ?

Postby dokken66 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:28 pm

I like winmx but the only downside for me is sitting in the q all night.Audio Galaxy was the best for a while.Kazza in my book is not as good as Winmx,I search and search for files that are never available or "more sources needed",in fact I think Kazaa bites the weenie.I never had good luck with anything Kazaa,maybe it's because I'm stuck with dial up as I live in the mountains and dsl is not available...I can't wait for the new winmx.I'd stay away from Kazaa,it's the RIAAs main target right now and even if the Kazaa+++ only lets people see you are sharing one file thats all it can take to get sued.Winmx will be bigger once the lawsuits start really developing.Well thats my opinion on the matter and can we please can the flaming,makes for boring reading..thank you,drive thru..
Dokk :lol:
dokken66
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:43 pm

Kazaa is not that great fanboy

Postby Guest 101 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:47 pm

I already said this but I’ll say it again,


Kazaa does not have partial file sharing this causes especially new files to take ages to spread, this is why groups don’t release on it.

Kazaa does not have error correction this makes cd images useless, corrupts video files and allows file sharing enemies to easily corrupt the file when getting it from multi sources.

It's also full of virus and fakes making the search option obsolete for new files.

Sharman networks who own kazaa are to blame because they don’t seem to be capable of implementing them and the programmers of kazaa lite cant do anything because they don’t have the source code.

If you do want a decent p2p client try shareaza, and using it in conjunction with http://www.sharereactor.com rocks, why is it this good because although sharereactor is an edonkey site link shareaza connects to 3 networks the old gnutella network which clients like limeware and morphes use, the new gnutella 2 network which shareaza uses and the edonkey network which covers clients like emule and edonkey, shareaza can use sharereactor because it converts the edonkey hash to the hashes for the same file on the other two networks, you can also use it as a bittorent client.

That is not the end either as there will other networks added.

Now although I gave you that spiel about it im in not a fan boy of any p2p, I use what works and I quite like shareaza, the only problem with all p2p is anonymity or should I say lack of it and things like peer guarding are always welcome although that’s blocking ip's not privacy, you can also use other things like annomonmus proxy servers and the like, there are also others things like freenet but I don’t like that as you don’t know what’s being stored on your computer.
In the end you’re on the internet and with this technology it's hard if not possible to be totally annomonmus, I see this as ongoing and people will come up with different things to make us anonymous as much as you can be.

But kazaa lite is not the best out there.
:D
Guest 101
 

Postby X_Enthroned » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:35 pm

why do all of you guys hook up on only ONE p2p-client?
I run both winmx, kazaa k++ AND emule at the same time!
If I want a file, I search all the four(winmx=wpn+open nap)networks!
All p2p-clients got their strenght and weakness.
Winmx=
Strenght: Unique Content, open nap support, very configurable,no ads
Weakness: Long queues, not a very large community compared to fast track, interface more advanced compared to other clients

Kazaa K++=
Strenght: no ads, many good add-on programs, large community, easy-to-use interface, large-growing community
Weakness:Many faked files and viruses, the internet connection of the users is not shown, hardly monitored by the RIAA

It is up to each and one of you to choose a client that fits your needs!
To say one client is better than another, is to make a dumb statement
Only newbies to the p2p-world would say that kazaa lite is the best client
:wink:
X_Enthroned
 

Postby The Notorious » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:04 pm

You honestly made a good point. But an interesting question arises: Is there something out there (a software - perhaps) that can connect to several networks (any network I desire) simultaneously? Mr.jip has mentioned in one of the forums that:
mr.jip wrote:clients that connect to a number of sever ususally perform badly, as the client is made for ne single server, its best to stick with the actual client for the server


Then I pose this question:
The Notorious wrote:To find an extremely obscure file, I would have to search (one by one) each client that connects to a certain network(s) until I locate it, mr.jip?


Mr.jip anwsered back:
mr.jip wrote:yep, because as you connect to all these servers u will disconnecting and reconnecting all the time, like with some gnutella cleints. Connecting to so many serves at once it wont be stable.


My question right now: Is there a way to get around this? Give me your views and insights about this.
The Notorious
 

Postby cbp85 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:27 am

Why use those networks when u can connect to all the networks minus fasttrack (G1, G2, Bittorrent, Piolet, eDonkey) and more to come with Shareaza, NOT be tracked, find what you need using http://www.filedonkey.com, and have NO BUNDLED ADWARE/SPYWARE/HACKWARE/C R A P ?? Not to mention that Shareaza is more user friendly than WinMX, and it verifys download integrity and identifys fake files? Seems like the right choice to me... am i wrong?
cbp85
 

Postby jay-jay » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:07 am

cbp85 wrote:Why use those networks when u can connect to all the networks minus fasttrack (G1, G2, Bittorrent, Piolet, eDonkey) and more to come with Shareaza, NOT be tracked, find what you need using http://www.filedonkey.com, and have NO BUNDLED ADWARE/SPYWARE/HACKWARE/C R A P ?? Not to mention that Shareaza is more user friendly than WinMX, and it verifys download integrity and identifys fake files? Seems like the right choice to me... am i wrong?


Shareaza doesnt connect to Piolet(MP2P) BTW.
User avatar
jay-jay
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:09 am
Location: UK

Postby X_Diablo » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:58 pm

It depends on what you want! Poilet is a good resource for mp3´s, while gnutella have more sorted content. BitTorrent is known to have all the latest movies first of all p2p-networks. It would be great to have one client that could connect to all networks, but it would also be a negative thing. Just think about it....ONE company produces a client that connects to maybe 6 networks. Most people would start use it instead of the original clients, and that means that one company had to keep all the networks going. Even if the networks would be decentralized, still the client would have to be updated, user-friendly etc. Maybe it is better that each networks has its own client. Then people can easier make impact of the updates on their favorite client. Also, if you are a leecher and would use a client that connects to 6 networks, then that would be negative. But if you would share 10,000 files, it would be positive. So it really depends. But the fact that most users on kazaa are leechers, makes the whole thought of a multiple client feel wrong. Maybe when people start to learn how p2p works we can make a client like The Notorious was into. I have many friends that thinks that kazaa is a server where people can download stuff. :D lol
Luckily, more and more people start to realize what p2p really is.
X_Diablo
 

Postby Nothingface » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:03 pm

actualy apart from fastrack having the most users and fastest all round speeds(nice but not a nesesity) i think most of the main p2ps are better then kazaa,...winmx is only good for music, u know your always getting quality 192+bitrate files, edonky, u can get high quality full movies(dvd rips)which u cant get off kazaa, u can also get full games, and software,might be slow getting your files, but ou knmow your getting what u requested..bit tottent is oviously ony good for new releases,filesharing communitieslike DC and XS u know your getting the files u want because its a group of users that u can trust,and or have the same interest as u.only thing i think kl++ is good for are small software, music videos and porn clips lol...kazaas popularity to the mainstream i guess u can say thats what killing it, getting newbes everyday not knowning theirs other clients that better fit their needs, got moron incapable in riping,lableing nor sharing quaility files, u got kiddiescriptputting stupid viruss on the network, you got the riaa floodding the network with fake content and montoring users for ips with their stupid bots...
Nothingface
 

Postby Nothingface5384 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:08 pm

alright time to log in to post :lol:

theirs only 2 client i know of that connects tot he mojority of the poplar newrosk... wich are shareaza and ML donkey,.btw shareaza i beleive only has the abilty to intake piloet hash links...nothing more..
Nothingface5384
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:03 pm

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:17 pm

@ Notorious:

face that:
FastTrack has no development and dont have any useful features like PFS for example. There is nothing similar to a comment/meta data system. The hashing system is so dumb that even while transfering correct data, the file gets corrupt.that means that you cannot use fasttrack for transfers of strict data types (binary, text).
Screw you, fan boy.

Also, there are much better alternatives than KaZaA.
I read somewhere that KaZaA users share ~10.5 MB of data.
On ed2k a user which is downloading a file shares at least 9 MB and rising with his progress.
On DC the standard minimum share amount is 3 gigs or 10 gigs per user.
On G2 there is the same situation as on ed2k.

And what you find on KaZaA, you find on mp2p (Piolet, Blubster) faster and in better quality.

Srew you, fan boy, again.
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:18 pm

damn, i forgot winMX:
you find everything on WinMX, only the K++-similar hacks make the leech probs.
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:30 am

The Notorious said:
Give me one disadvantage of using Kazaa Lite.


How about the fact that the RIAA are tracking it.
Guest
 

Postby The Notorious » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:57 pm

Look, WinMX hasn't been updated once in the year 2003 and I can see why. It's network is so small that the RIAA doesn't see WinMX [OpenNap] as a threat in comparison to the FastTrack network. Plus WinMX has been saying for a real long time now about them developing an updated version. So I refer WinMX as WhenMX because of this fact.

Anonymous wrote:And what you find on KaZaA, you find on mp2p (Piolet, Blubster) faster and in better quality.

Srew you, fan boy, again.


Not true. MP2P network has far less mp3 files than the FastTrack network. Kazaa Lite has more features than either Piolet or Blubster combined. Downloads are also faster because of the built-in accelerator that Kazaa Lite comes with. While we're at it, WhenMX doesn't even connect to most of the files you've selected to download. Therefore queries often occurs.

Anonymous wrote:Also, there are much better alternatives than KaZaA.
I read somewhere that KaZaA users share ~10.5 MB of data.
On ed2k a user which is downloading a file shares at least 9 MB and rising with his progress.
On DC the standard minimum share amount is 3 gigs or 10 gigs per user.
On G2 there is the same situation as on ed2k.


Not when it comes to music, however - like I've just mentioned above. Kazaa Lite has D largest collection of music in the entire world! I can understand when it comes to movies then you may want to try other sources. Do what X_Enthroned says - search through Kazaa Lite, eMule, & DirectConnect simultaneously.

Anonymous wrote:face that:
FastTrack has no development and dont have any useful features like PFS for example. There is nothing similar to a comment/meta data system. The hashing system is so dumb that even while transfering correct data, the file gets corrupt.that means that you cannot use fasttrack for transfers of strict data types (binary, text).
Screw you, fan boy.


Do I have to tell you & others the so many useful features that Kazaa Lite comes already equiped with which makes it "a work of art" according to Slyck. Thus, just read earlier posts that I've supplied in this particular topic. Well here's a little recap anyway:
Kazaa Lite has a vast amount of features that the original KaZaA lacks. Kazaa Lite consist of the entire FastTrack network that KaZaA connects to [which also includes iMesh's community]. Therefore making it a great resource for searching and downloading the files you desire. You have the option to click the “search more” button as many times as you want in Kazaa Lite which is convenient. No bitrate limit and faster downloads due to its built-in accelerator are other functions. I found Kazaa Lite to be simpler and more friendlier than any other P2P software.

Anonymous wrote:The Notorious said:
Give me one disadvantage of using Kazaa Lite.


How about the fact that the RIAA are tracking it.


No need to worry about the RIAA because Kazaa Lite has the feature of not allowing other users to get a list of all your shared files [which is set by default]. It makes you look like your sharing only one file. Besides - you're afraid of the RIAA are you? The RIAA is doing what's called a Chilling Effect and it seems to me that they've succeeded at making you believe this. Their intentions are to scare people like you off of the P2P networks.
The Notorious
 

Postby The_CopyCat » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:56 pm

Notorious said
you're afraid of the RIAA are you? The RIAA is doing what's called a Chilling Effect and it seems to me that they've succeeded at making you believe this. Their intentions are to scare people like you off of the P2P networks.


I probably have far less to worry about,(for now), then anybody who lives in the U.S., (I live in Canada), but why make it easy for them. Just by using, kazaa you are at a bigger risk as oppossed to using a program that, so far as I know the RIAA hasen't even acknowledged. WinMX. Now I don't have any user numbers, (apparently, nobody does for WinMX), But I'm betting it's one of the most active of the file sharing networks. And in the end, thats pretty much what makes a good (or bad) file sharring program is the amount of users.
More Users = More Files.

But I digress. Now I would like to quote SlyckTom from a different post.
SlyckTom said:
From what we know for sure, the RIAA is going after Kazaa, Grokster, iMesh and Piolet, Blubster and RockItNet users. The latter three were a total surprise. This demonstrates that their persecution is much larger than previously imagined, and perhaps may include all the major networks.

There's a belief that no network is totally secure. If they really want to find you, they can...


The last part of his quote pretty much sums it up. The only 100% way to not get caught, is to not do it at all. An option we all might have to face eventually.
User avatar
The_CopyCat
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:53 am

Postby Solomon » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:42 pm

What do the past couple of pages have to do with the development of WinMX ver 4?

Notorious, we "get" that you are in love with KL.

If you want to sound off about it, start your own thread, in the relevant forum. Maybe this one? ;)
User avatar
Solomon
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 11:48 am
Location: In the Indri enclosure...

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:32 am

kazaa lite is not more secure than kazaa.
Alright, they've blocked showing the file list.
But the blacklists etc. are not useful - the RIAA guys are not really dumb and take also dynip providers, whose block could be something like 62.xxx.xxx.xxx
blocking whole 62 block would block too many users.

Its secure model is also horrible: there is none. All the traffic goes unencrypted through your ISP, your supernode and other following supernodes to your "partner". The RIAA guys could run a supernode and know what you search, what you download and what you upload (transfers are sent over supernodes while being firewalled).

Also, their new bot is really useful - it corrupts everything it can and now you already cannot download a lot of files properly since they are corrupted.

WinMX is also same not secure. There are also too many fakes.
Other networks except freenet are same unsecure.
I don't know how secure es5 is ...

So, if you say that KaZaA Lite is secure, then you are not from this planet.
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:40 am

hehe

free speech banned on a p2p forum.

SLYCKTOM, YOU UN-EDUCATED FASCIST
Guest
 

Postby Subgeo » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:23 pm

Nobody understands you Notorious. Isn't this the WinMX forum? The fact that none of the people being served supoenas were on WinmX makes it number 1 in my book.
http://www.eff.org[/url]
Subgeo
 

PreviousNext

Return to WinMX

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com