Page 7 of 11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:38 am
by little_rabbit
Perhaps the Yale institution could add some lecture about the way to eat correctly a bretzel :roll: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:56 am
by The Notorious
BigWillyStyle42 wrote:
The Notorious wrote:
BigWillyStyle42 wrote:He was intelligent enough to make it through Yale and be elected, so as far as I'm concerned the only people "dumber than dubya bush's and quale's offspring" are people making such comments, especially if they thought that quale was dubya's VP.


R U by any chance...a republican???

Yes I'd consider myself a republican.


cool...however I tend to think of myself to be more on the left side (liberal) rather than the right side (conserative).

little_rabbit wrote:Perhaps the Yale institution could add some lecture about the way to eat correctly a bretzel :roll: :roll: :lol:


lmao! that is so true! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:22 pm
by ElsaPaak
Your ratio can't be negative genius.


Either You are talking about something else, or you're playing dumb and being stubborn about some definition.

If I use a program to DL and i DL 5 mb and at the same time I UL 10 mb to someone else, or, he DL's 10 mb from me, then I consider that a negative UL/DL ratio: I give more than i get.

Now, on the humanistic side, I don't care if that happens, I just care that with eMule, I don't seem to get any downloads, just suckkerrs uploading from me.
the UL-DL ratio is sometimes 10:1. I call that negative. This sucks big time.

And where did I say that Quale was Bushits VP???? That was an assumption which clearly made an ass out of U!!


Smart enough to make it through Yale??
Check this out. http://www.ornery.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=004455

I bet something similar happened on Yale, his pappy in all likelihood bought him the degree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:12 pm
by BigWillyStyle42
ElsaPaak wrote:
Your ratio can't be negative genius.


Either You are talking about something else, or you're playing dumb and being stubborn about some definition.

If I use a program to DL and i DL 5 mb and at the same time I UL 10 mb to someone else, or, he DL's 10 mb from me, then I consider that a negative UL/DL ratio: I give more than i get.

You seriously need to get a clue. A ratio is calculated by dividing two numbers. So if you DL 5MB and you UL 10MB you have a 1:2 ratio or 0.5, that's NOT NEGATIVE.


ElsaPaak wrote:And where did I say that Quale was Bushits VP???? That was an assumption which clearly made an ass out of U!!

Ever heard of the word if? I didn't say you said Quale was Dubya's VP. I said that IF you thought he was you were a moron.

This is about the time when you should stop posting before you make yourself look even stupider.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 pm
by Mel_Smiley_VIP
Actually there is no such thing as a negative number in real world terms. Its a concept.

To put it simple, if you have ten toes and I cut all ten toes off, there are no more toes to cut off to make a negative amount of toes. lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 pm
by notbob
Mel_Smiley_VIP wrote:Actually there is no such thing as a negative number in real world terms. Its a concept.

To put it simple, if you have ten toes and I cut all ten toes off, there are no more toes to cut off to make a negative amount of toes. lol


the act of removing the toes involves a negative number (-10) since 10-10=0

if the idea of negative numbers didn't exist in the real world, you could never subtract anything, since subtracting is simply adding a negative number to another one

ever hear of credit cards? debt is a negative number too (you spent more than you had)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:10 pm
by tm,
Accountants often talk about "negative cashflow". Maybe we should start a new term to describe the phenomenon of being leeched out while waiting in endless queues.

Maybe "negative bit flow"? :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:15 pm
by notbob
ElsaPaak wrote:
Your ratio can't be negative genius.


Either You are talking about something else, or you're playing dumb and being stubborn about some definition.

If I use a program to DL and i DL 5 mb and at the same time I UL 10 mb to someone else, or, he DL's 10 mb from me, then I consider that a negative UL/DL ratio: I give more than i get.



you can't have a negative ratio

a ratio is like a fraction, in your case 2/1 (2:1) wherein you gave twice as much as you got (it's reversible, 1/2 or 1:2 since you got half as much as you gave)

no matter how much you give, the ratio can never be less than 0, 1:10000000000000000000000 (or any larger number) is still greater than 0 (though infinitessimally small)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:47 am
by ElsaPaak
Just as i thought. You WERE playing dumb and being stubborn about the meaning of the word 'negative'. You're such a hard-ass!!! I'm sorry but are you 55 years old or something?

I cannot believe that you didn't understand that I meant that I uploaded more than I downloaded. Like I said, I describe that as 'negative'. You know, like downl=5mb -/- upl=8mb, result in a negative number of 3 mb. To suggest that I don't understand that dividing positive numbers will be a positive, is disrespectful and insulting. Perhaps you find it joyful to taunt people with this 'a ratio is like a fraction' bullshiit. YES OF COURSE THIS IS SO!!!! since the words are synonyms!!!

You state the obvious like it's a new gospel. And I think you MUST have known that I meant that i gave more than i got, hence 'negative', instead of mathematically negative. Of course, by definition, you are right, but it's childish to wilfully misunderstand me like this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 am
by DaBlade
This thread is called About WinMX 4.0
What are you guys talking about? Not something About WinMX 4.0...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:03 pm
by Mel_Smiley_VIP
notbob wrote:
Mel_Smiley_VIP wrote:Actually there is no such thing as a negative number in real world terms. Its a concept.

To put it simple, if you have ten toes and I cut all ten toes off, there are no more toes to cut off to make a negative amount of toes. lol


the act of removing the toes involves a negative number (-10) since 10-10=0

if the idea of negative numbers didn't exist in the real world, you could never subtract anything, since subtracting is simply adding a negative number to another one

ever hear of credit cards? debt is a negative number too (you spent more than you had)


The concept of negatives are used in math all the time. But its just that, a usefull concept. If I over draw my bank account and it says I have -400 dollars in my account, that means I owe them +400 dollars( a real number). Its abstract math.
Really a brilliant concept, but I was using real world terms. I love math!

We might as well talk about math since winmx -4.0 is just BS.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:16 pm
by BigWillyStyle42
ElsaPaak wrote:Just as i thought. You WERE playing dumb and being stubborn about the meaning of the word 'negative'. You're such a hard-ass!!! I'm sorry but are you 55 years old or something?

I cannot believe that you didn't understand that I meant that I uploaded more than I downloaded. Like I said, I describe that as 'negative'. You know, like downl=5mb -/- upl=8mb, result in a negative number of 3 mb. To suggest that I don't understand that dividing positive numbers will be a positive, is disrespectful and insulting. Perhaps you find it joyful to taunt people with this 'a ratio is like a fraction' bullshiit. YES OF COURSE THIS IS SO!!!! since the words are synonyms!!!

You state the obvious like it's a new gospel. And I think you MUST have known that I meant that i gave more than i got, hence 'negative', instead of mathematically negative. Of course, by definition, you are right, but it's childish to wilfully misunderstand me like this.

Yeah sure I knew you were a moron. Sorry for trying to educate you....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:55 pm
by Mel_Smiley_VIP
This is blown out of purportion like a bad itchy hemorrhoid. Its not a negative, you just got less than you received. Thats understood. Calm down pretty please. Now if your download remained at 0 megs and your upload was 40 megs, then and only then would it be a negative.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:00 pm
by Ooble
No... then it'd be zero, which is neither positive nor negative :lol:

Seriously, no one cares... can we please get back on track? We all know I love going OT, but only when the new topic consists of something interesting (read: no bitching).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:49 pm
by BigWillyStyle42
What's the point? This thread is about something that's never going to happen...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:52 am
by Ooble
Not the freakin' point... just stop bitching...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:54 am
by BigWillyStyle42
Sure thing penguin...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:58 am
by Ooble
Yay!

*** random text to make it look like this post isn't a spam message consisting of 4 letters... ***

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:56 pm
by ElsaPaak
littleWillyStyle42 sucked:


Yeah sure I knew you were a moron. Sorry for trying to educate you..


I am happy to see that, because you resort to namecalling, and by the non-intelligence of your response that you admit that you were wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:07 pm
by Unbiased_Opinion
ElsaPaak wrote:
littleWillyStyle42 sucked:


Yeah sure I knew you were a moron. Sorry for trying to educate you..


I am happy to see that, because you resort to namecalling, and by the non-intelligence of your response that you admit that you were wrong.


Namecalling?? Non-Intelligence of your post??

I guess your dumb ass post qualifies as that, and you admit that your negative/positive stance is WRONG.

P.S. - It would have been much better to just say that you were and will always be an upload bitch, then to say the damn ratio was negative.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:24 pm
by Mel_Smiley_VIP
"Life is what happens when your busy making other plans"


Close the door to this waste of space.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:33 pm
by BigWillyStyle42
Mel_Smiley_VIP wrote:Close the door to this waste of space.

Why? This is so much fun :twisted:

@UtterMoron: do the world a favor and unplug your computer and donate it to someone that has a clue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:39 pm
by notbob
where's mother hen solitude complaining about your negativity?

lord knows he jumps on my ass about mine at every opportunity, and i don't even call the morons morons

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:20 pm
by The Notorious
BigWillyStyle42 wrote:What's the point? This thread is about something that's never going to happen...


Now that's the real truth that these WinMX fans such as Halo needs to fully comprehend...not to be too harsh

Even if WinMX 4.0 comes out in the near future...it's just too late...sort of like ejaculating minutes after having sex...

Winmx, opennaps, and the FastTrack networks are running side-by-side parallel to one another heading towards destruction...becoming worse and worse from each day on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:08 am
by tm,
The Notorious wrote:Even if WinMX 4.0 comes out in the near future...it's just too late

The next generation of p2p networks will need to employ some degree of a privacy/anonymity/non-identifiability strategy in order to give users a higher degree of protection against attack from anti-p2p forces. The outline for Winmx 4 was laid out nearly 2 years ago, long before the reality of mass-lawsuits - in addition to DMCA notices - changed the p2p landscape into a potentially dangerous environment. Releasing a software application several years after the project was started can't always be expected to produce a cutting-edge product. (remember Netscape v.5/6?)

It is probably common knowledge by now that a certain major P2P network is about to go open-source; it can be expected that this is when development will really accelerate. Closed-source networks might do a better job of keeping out hackers and snoops (Fasttrack's encrypted supernodes have never been reverse engineered), but at a cost of slow development.

Don't hold your breath for WinMX 4 - it might even be a while before version 3.6 is completed.