Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

hahah

Postby hahaha » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:21 am

you wont find snips isp! its note ven my ip
hahaha

Postby dogmeat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:12 am

Snips site moved. I will try to stay up to date with where he moves his site. I have a webpage setup so you can report these sites that are distributing these files.

http://steve.offwhite.net/lamers.html
dogmeat

Postby KM » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:55 pm

Dear Mr Abuser Person,
One of your users is running a perfectly legal website containing a program which has been released in to the public domain without any restrictions attached. Please do something about this user for not breaking any laws, he should be breaking them, please make him change.

Some Fool,
http://www.vladd44.com/
KM

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:12 pm

Morpheus 4.0 is much better then kazaa lite, people go on and on about Kazaa lite, how great it is, and people go on about Kazaa being, crap, NO kazaa? means NO kazaa lite, so what if kazaa has spyware, its there network, forget kazaa, forget winmx and forget kazaa lite, morpheus 4.0 is better http://www.morpheus.com

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:37 pm

KM wrote:Dear Mr Abuser Person,
One of your users is running a perfectly legal website containing a program which has been released in to the public domain without any restrictions attached. Please do something about this user for not breaking any laws, he should be breaking them, please make him change.

Where you are being provided with the Dial Up Service or the High-Speed Internet Service, by completing the installation process, using the Equipment or using the Service, you will be agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all of them you should quit the installation of the Equipment and/or Software and not use the Service.

25. You are responsible for the use of the Services. You must not use the Services or knowingly or otherwise allow any other person to use the Services:

a. to send a message or communication which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, menacing or illegal; or

b. to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to, or breach the rights of any other person; or

c. to perform any illegal activity; or

d. to breach, or attempt to breach the security of another Internet, digital television or Telewest user without their prior consent; or

e. to upload, post, publish or transmit any information or software which is protected by copyright or proprietary right without the prior consent of its owner; or

If we believe that any of the Services are being used in any of these ways we are entitled to disconnect any or all of the Services without giving notice to you.

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/ ... conditions

goes beyond the release of poison nushi and you know it. Generally speaking you harass the ppl on the wpn and sites related to the wpn. Personally I think a few clauses in the users agreement apply to you.

Do us all a favour KM and pull the plug on your modem.

Postby KM » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:Generally speaking you harass the ppl on the wpn and sites related to the wpn. Personally I think a few clauses in the users agreement apply to you.

Actually i had a read through the entire acceptable use policy, that section you copy/pasted doesn't actually apply at all because i'm not in breach of it.

to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to, or breach the rights of any other person; or

that part you could possibly say because releasing poison nushi allows other people to anoy people, but i got that covered by putting "this program may only be used against your own channel"

I am in fact in breach of 1 small section of the AUP, but thats a completely seperate issue and is nothing to do with winmx or any of the websites i host.
KM

Postby dogmeat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:04 pm

If you're so confident that you're not in breach, then quit whining. I'm still gonna report you for abuse regardless.
dogmeat

Postby little 'ol me again » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:20 pm

This goes beyond poison nushi. This is about spamming a forum with 300 odd posts (that's an annoyance and an inconveinence)not once but twice (getting into harassing here). Creating that nushi plugin with the "kill v" in it (that ISoffensive, abusive, obscene, menacing).

Shall I go on?

Your an idiot to think this is about releasing poison nushi to anyone who wants it. Your an idiot to think that somehow that by doing this you are performing some higher good for the winmx community. A higher good would be to do what bender is doing, creating alternatives to the plugin's the japanese have made.

In short your an idiot and your hatred will be your downfall.
little 'ol me again

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:39 pm

The responce has been more than expected this was supplied by Fontcode Technologies (v) use this software with any derivative works based directly on this software; or (vi) use this software with any third party products or applications that are directly and specifically dependent on this software for any part of their functionality. THE END USER MAY NOT DIRECTLY, INDIRECTLY OR INADVERTANTLY FACILITATE OR OTHERWISE AID OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES IN ANY OF THE PREVIOUSLY LISTED ACTIVITIES, AND AGREES TO TAKE ALL REASONABLE STEPS AND USE BEST EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT NO UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE IN WHOLE OR IN PART IS MADE.
So we can all see Fontcode Technologiesis not at all happy with Snip and KM alowing mass downloading of a destructive 3rd party program used to disrupt the wpn. The isp's are now being flooded by complants from all over the world and it has started them to look close at the logs of the two web sites in question. What will come of this only time will tell but i would not want this many people looking at me 24/7.

Poison

Postby ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²° » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:24 pm

A update on whats going on with Snip and KM Snip has moved or taken down his page now so we will keep looking to see KM now has two pages one is http://poison.kicks-ass.net/ there is a forum ther go and post on it to let him know how you feal the other page is http://mirror1.mxtools.net/ there is a forum there as well. We would all like to thank those that have sent emails to there isp's posted of other forums it has helped.Now is not the time to let up you are makeing a difference.
ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²°

Snip

Postby ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²° » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:42 pm

Well snip has now taken poison off his site he has a guest book there now i think we should all go sign it tell him ty for removeing this file or what you feal like saying about him even offering it in the first place good job all you see if we all work together it does work.

http://nushipoison.homestead.com/Questi ... ments.html
ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²°

KM & Snip Nushi Poison Sites

Postby ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²° » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:59 am

WEll as of 2/22 the 3 sites in question have been down for over 4 days
we all would like to thank all of you for your help in bringing this to a stop we will keep looking to see if they well be put back up or if they have moved .Once again you have proved that working together we can make change ty. As of now we can stop emailing there isp's ty all.
ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²°

Postby dogmeat » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:00 pm

I'm still waiting for them to open another site. Snip's already said he's going to do it and his threat of March 1st is coming up. I'm not really afraid of anything Snip can do, he's just a child, but he is an annoying one.
dogmeat

Any news from Kevin yet?

Postby sybesma » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Hi Tom,

Any plans on another interview with Kevin Hearn?:wink:

Do you have a sense that 4.0 is about to launch?:wink:

I still see no signs of anything about to happen (updates/news/website redesign) at the WinMX site and wish that Kevin Hearn would update his site once in a while with some news.

I think it would do his company well if he did because it would help keep interest alive.

Publicity, man. Publicity.:lol:

Steve

P.S. the betatest@winmx.com e-mail still works, but I never got a reply -- and really don't expect to; still, I think it would help if people used it to prompt them to get us some news once in a while.

SlyckTom wrote:According to FrontCode, the latest estimate placed the release of 4.0 "at the end of this year." Since there's only a few more weeks left, I'll be shooting an email over to them to get the latest scoop. If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask them, post them to the thread...maybe I'll make this a Slyck community interview...:)
sybesma

Postby Who cares » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:24 pm

I'm so damn sick of you wishful thinkers always masturbating over the idea of WinMX 4.0. Jesus Christ people, it ain't coming.
Who cares

Postby snoochiboobies » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:04 pm

you say that like masterbation is a bad thing... :D
snoochiboobies

Postby c´mon » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:28 am

:roll: WinMX 4.0 come to daddy...come....come...heeey......u never came.. =(
c´mon

KM and SNIP and WinMX

Postby I use to use MX » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:43 am

Ive used winmx for years and all ways found it to be one of the best P2P programs out the chat the multisource downloads and easy set up and securty was a point that won me over. In the last 2 months two users KM the host of  ~ Computer Help_AB80D9C11A2B and Snip host of TEEN EXTREME TEEN_AE5F12188F5B have been offering a poison program for down load to use on chat rooms to be able to take over the room this is one thing but now KM has a file that by his own words this uncompressed copy that wasn't intended to see the light of Day. which allows you to see the source code of mx and to edit it has me worried
first the takeing over the chat rooms ok no big deal i guess but the uncompressed mx destroys the safty of mx as a P2P the site to back up my words is http://poison.kicks-ass.net/ you will find the file under
How to protect my room from it. So i now must leave WinMx for safty reasons if he will use a program aganst the chat rooms you can bet he will use the uncompressed file to find any way he can to hack into and do damage to users of the WPN. He says he is dong nothing wrong and no one can do any thing to stop him. Well he is wrong he has taken away our securty and has done to WinMX what spyware and the hacks did to kazza and other P2P programs that have fallen so KM has done what the RIAA has not been able to do could he be part of a plot thats up to you to decide as for me i will be moving to a new P2p one with out KM and Snip. FrontCode all you need to do is look at your progran and see why its going down and thank KM and Snip for covering the hole on it. Slyck im sorry for the long rant but you have been the only hope we have had.
by this post you can see the site is back up so if any one cares do what you can ill be watching and if this is taken care of i will happly be back to WinMx but i dont like KM haveing the code its Just not Safe any more.
I use to use MX

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:07 pm

dude, that sucks. To the guys at frontcode... winmx is an awesome app, but I won't use a program in this kind of hostile environment that has its holes openly exposed. Sorry guys
:(

????

Postby Coffee » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:20 am

A year and half since the last release and a few interviews later and still no winmx 4.0, gotta wonder whats going on? :roll:
Coffee

winmx chat rooms

Postby ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²° » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:21 pm

well km has taken down his poison site now that vladd was offered the translated rcms dill for no Poison. But his mxTOOL's site is still up
http://mirror1.mxtools.net/ and he will start his i found the poison free rcms soon im sure he is useing it in his room now well in his own words <.KM527_43096> its officially and legally MCSE's room, however for all effective purposes its my room  ~ Computer Help_CF08225203E8 and its been told to me that *±*>ÐareÐeviI<*±*712_57919 and the user Snip his room is TEEN EXTREME TEEN_AE5F12188F5B are also to blame for the room crashing and the spread of the poison nushi program for use on the room so be sure to stop in there rooms and say ty for all they have done till next time remember p2p is for us we have to watch out for each other. For Poison Free RCMS Go To http://vladd44.com/
ÇrèéÞing~Jesus4²°

Getting close to the conclusion that many are...

Postby sybesma » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:50 pm

if you know what I mean.

Let's finally call it what it is.

WinMX 4.0 is vaporware, PERIOD.
sybesma

Postby The Notorious » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:04 pm

You said it pal...
The Notorious

Postby sybesma » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:26 pm

The Notorious wrote:You said it pal...

Wish I could say different, but I've completely run out of wishful thinking and hope and faith, etc.

After all, 1-1/2 years has passed by with absolutely not the slightest change on their website, and absolutely no news whatsoever in 3 months now after being promised last year several times, AND after people were threatened with account closure for doing what I'm now doing (and everyone else should).

Ya know the $#i+ must have hit the wall or something.

They couldn't make it work, so they've given up and refuse to let the rest of the world know they have.

Goodbye, Frontcode Technologies. Nice knowin' ya.

There will NEVER be a WinMX 4.0 -- it's a big LIE.

Not that 3.31 is unusable. It still works fine.
sybesma

Re: About WinMX 4.0

Postby sybesma » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:31 pm

SlyckTom wrote:Anyone who writes anything to the effect that WinMX 4.0 development has been canceled will be banned from the site, and their post eliminated....

NOT ONLY HAS IT BEEN CANCELED, BUT THEY'VE BEEN RUDE ENOUGH NOT TO EVEN LET YOU KNOW THAT, TOM SLYCK!

WINMX 4.0 IS 100% PURE VAPORWARE, DEAD, NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE.

THEY COULDN'T MAKE IT WORK, SO THEY GAVE UP.

IT'S A TOTAL FANTASY.

HOW MANY MORE WAYS CAN I SAY IT WAS CANCELED?

ENJOY 3.31 BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THERE EVER WILL BE.

NO NEWS IN 3 MONTHS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, PERIOD.

CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. SEE WHAT I CARE.
sybesma

PreviousNext

Return to WinMX