Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Problem: nobody can sucessfully download from me???

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Problem: nobody can sucessfully download from me???

Postby mr.feza » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:43 am

when someone tries downloading tracks from me, it always fails and i have to clear them?? i'm not sure how i can let people download my files? i am still using v3.53 maybe i should get the latest version???? :?:
crop circles - the the work of a cereal killer!
mr.feza

Postby Smitty » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:18 am

3.53 is the latest version that was released.....unless your talking about the beta version, and it's not gonna make any difference with being able to upload to other peers because it functions the axact same way. The only difference between the current beta (3.54 b4) is really the library components, and the way that it refreshes itself.

There could be a crapload of reasons why your not able to upload, I'll give you a couple of examples:

• Could be ISP related, alot of ISP are starting to block P2P ports, such as 6699 and so fourth.
  • Maybe a firewall issue

Solomon has written a few excelent tutorials on uploads timing out with winmx, you can find them with the link in my siggy ;)
Smitty

Postby mr.feza » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:02 am

thanks i'll look into it :?
crop circles - the the work of a cereal killer!
mr.feza

Re: Problem: nobody can sucessfully download from me???

Postby ah.hoffman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:44 am

mr.feza wrote:when someone tries downloading tracks from me, it always fails and i have to clear them?? i'm not sure how i can let people download my files? i am still using v3.53 maybe i should get the latest version???? :?:

I just started using the WinMx 3.54 beta 4. I think it is more stable.

If you have broadband, I suggest you don't run any
other major programs while you are using the primary connection. On this machine(not an Intel), the primary connection uses more than "a little" of the CPU. Surfing the www is harder, too. But the longer you are on primary, the chances people connect are better. Some people don't know the best way to get a file, so don't blame yourself necessarily.

Finally, I hate to say this, but if you like to share,
you may need a very large number of files to be found.
May need to break out some more stuff. /ah

ah.hoffman

Return to WinMX