Page 1 of 1

Uploading issue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:09 am
by CoastMtns
I have recently begun to use "OpenNap Protocol Networks" over "WinMX peer Network". I am having more success downloading but it appears those trying to upload from me are having issues.

Anyone trying to upload from me are: 1)Queued 2) Waiting for incoming connection then 3)Timed out (waiting for incoming connection)

Any ideas why someone would have issues trying to upload from me?

thanks

Re: Uploading issue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 pm
by king
CoastMtns wrote:I have recently begun to use "OpenNap Protocol Networks" over "WinMX peer Network".


ROTFL!!! OpenNap protocol is old and obsolete like the hunger in the world :lol: :lol:
Have you ever thought to use an updated p2p program? edonkey/emule...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:14 pm
by Dazzle
Hi CoastMtns, is the problem just on open nap or on winmx also ?

Some of the US based ISPs are blocking uploads from subscribers, but more often than not its a firewall or router issue, if your doing ok on winmx just put this down to bad connections as if one works the other should do.

Oh and please forgive King, the sole purpose of Kings visit to the winmx section is to advertise donkey/mule whatever.
Maybe it needs all the folks it can get, doesnt sound great if they have to headhunt users for it ..lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:38 am
by raar
Dazzle wrote:Maybe it needs all the folks it can get, doesnt sound great if they have to headhunt users for it ..lol


That has to be the best one I've heard! Good retort.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:22 am
by Cybergenetic
Christ... WinMX. If your going to use something so crappy in 'content' use Ares, it's the same as WinMX but 'speed' and 'reliablity'. Though I strongly suggest using eDonkey2000 Lite, BearShare Lite/PRO, Azureus, and Soulseek. I don't go nowhere near anything else, considering everything else is just gay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:14 am
by Widdle
Cybergenetic wrote:Christ... WinMX. If your going to use something so crappy in 'content' use Ares, it's the same as WinMX but 'speed' and 'reliablity'. Though I strongly suggest using eDonkey2000 Lite, BearShare Lite/PRO, Azureus, and Soulseek. I don't go nowhere near anything else, considering everything else is just gay.


That was an extremely un-intelligent argument. Congratulations on saying perhaps the stupidest thing I've read on the Slyck forums this week. Give yourself a hand :!: