Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Primary connection problems

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Primary connection problems

Postby djspleha » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:09 am

I am using Windows XP and have a cable internet connection. I have been trying to use the primary connection, but receive minimal search results compared to what I get using the secondary connection. Why is this?
Another concern I have is with my Vontage phone service. Could the modem for the phone service be interfering with my connection for WINMX?

Thanks
djspleha

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:24 am

My guess is your upload bandwidth is being saturated by using primary connection. Not too many people run primary so the ones that do get nailed with other peoples search results. If you must use primary make sure to limit your WinMx upload speed drastically. This should improve your search results. I'm not sure about your phone thingie.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Re: Primary connection problems

Postby king » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:08 am

winmx network is dying because many reasons:
* winmx program has been abandoned since years and it still remain obsolete when compared with edonkey/eMule p2p programs
* many users are migrating from WinMx to edonkey/eMule
* the small number of users still using it is connected on secondary and so they are parasites of the just flooding and dying network
I used WinMX since years but now I've migrated on eMule and I'm very happy. I'll never change it for WinMX
king

Postby Dazzle » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:22 pm

I,m not sure where to start here King

I used WinMX since years but now I've migrated on eMule and I'm very happy. I'll never change it for WinMX

This is the third time you have spammed here to post your advertising for Emule, if you like it so much go to that section of the forum and stop pestering Winmx users, your the only parasite here.

* many users are migrating from WinMx to edonkey/eMule

Your ignorance of winmx matters is clear with each pronouncement you make,the last beta release was 13th December, and where did you hear that its users are transfering to a P2P system that penalises newbies and makes it easier for the Cartel to track them ?
I certainly have seen no convoys of users leaving for the reasons you suggest.

* the small number of users still using it...

If you think millions of folks connected is a "Small" Number then I suggest you go and study some mathematics.
As regards to the flooding that is occuring in many shapes and formats on many of the networks, emule and bit torrent are just as suseptible to download poisoning ,as winmx is to fake file listing and lets be clear here its the listing that is the problem not fake files themselves.

The flooding is well known about and so it the cure, encouraging primary users to block Globix and Fuzion colo using peer guardian2 is the way forward, it would be of benefit to everyone to give that knowledge out, rather than the self serving dross you have been.

* the small number of users still using it is connected on secondary and so they are parasites of the just flooding and dying network

Most users I know are primary users and at least 90% of the the chat room folks are, we share the network load between us and are not selfish enough to bail out at the start of some top 40 flooding.

A community is just that, I havent got Emule but I have tried it.
in my opinion it was not worth my time loading, I had to share 100mb before I could obtain a 100k Ebook, what keeps folks on winmx is the chat rooms, if its not to your flavour thats fine, but leave those of us that use it in peace.

(For those interested, I used to test all the p2p software for a well known forum so I,m not blind or stupid, I know many winmx users are utilising other systems alongside winmx and thats as it should be 8) )

United we share, Selfish we fall
Dazzle

Return to WinMX