Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

WinMX fails to completely download

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

WinMX fails to completely download

Postby CoastMtns » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:38 pm

There was a time when I swore WinMX was the best thing around for finding tunes at a high bitrate. I never did have an issue of fake tunes etc.

My problem now is that when I select a tune for downloading, it will download a small portion then remain incomplete for lack of sources, never to begin again. Or a file that shows as available will never begin to download.

Is there an easy solution to this?

thanks
CoastMtns

Postby raar » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:26 pm

My problem now is that when I select a tune for downloading, it will download a small portion then remain incomplete for lack of sources, never to begin again. Or a file that shows as available will never begin to download.

here, are you hitting "find sources now" once the download begins? if yes, do all of the sources found stop? if this happens and you have quite a bit of the song, you can search again, looking for the exact same file size and bitrate and do a manual download which will complete the file already started. but if your speed is very good, i'd recommend just finding another file and user.

if you're like me, it's the hunt that intrigues me. if things like this happens, just get a few of the same file going and wait and see which seems stongest and clear the others.

some of the fake files being flooded on the network do things like this, especially the "never starting" tatic.

an even better solution would be to get napmx http://speed47.chez.tiscali.fr/napmx/index.php?page=download and download opennap servers and use those exclusively. not only are there less of the fake files, but you will find many more results.
this is what i use.
raar

Postby CoastMtns » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 pm

RAAR thank you very much, instant results, just like old times with WinMX. :D
CoastMtns

Return to WinMX