Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Cannot Download

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Cannot Download

Postby jcspeex » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:17 pm

I am running winmx 3.53. In the last couple of days I have developed a problem of not being able to download. Everything searches fine, but when it gets to transfers, all i get is waiting for network reply till it times out. no difference between primary and secondary connex. Any help out there?
jcspeex

Same here - fake winmx user problem

Postby mx'er » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:54 am

Fake users on winmx - read this topic
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9448

I have the same problem - you will also notice that if you do a 'whois' on any of them, they ALL have 3000 files in their share [yeah right!!]
Also, the displayed Status/server doesn't match the whois querie.

Look for file sizes where there is not so many hits and try those.
mx'er

Postby ntyce » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:10 am

I've got the same problem. Tried to download a number of different songs and I just get waiting!!! I thought it was maybe to do with some kind of limit. I noticed I downloaded two tracks yesterday and then I couldn't download anything and then the same thing today!.
ntyce

Postby Dazzle » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems guys, I,d just like to give you a few tips that I tell folks to try first
in the help room I frequent.

1) If your downloads are timing out, please visit one of the chat rooms, most folks are more than willing
to help you by allowing a test download (also saving your hair :lol: ).

2) If your having problems finding a real file out of the multitude of fakes, use the whois then the
browse functions on the users before attempting downloads, most of the flooders are
sharing 3000 files and have 10 of the same file in their shares, obviously this is time consuming to check
through them all so we move on to item 3 ..

3) A trick that cuts out 90% of the flooders is to type this into the lower text box -C: , this
has the effect of ignoring any files shared on c: drives, which although a lot of people,will mean you,ll
see the near total lack of flooding.
(Big thanx to (MXM)Michael for that tip).

4)Use the built in Open Nap client in WinMx, you can use that instead of the normal network if things get really bad, but please respect the folks who run the servers and share a decent number of files, as we are strictly speaking imposing on them a litle (Cheers you guys 8) )

5) Get Peer Guardian and use it !
the more of these zombies servers we block from the network the more effective it will continue to be.

6) well we have come to the end of the page here so I,ll let you know about the new hash site that has been set up.
As most of you know, if you select Search For Alternatives in the transfers window you can get a hash
that makes it easy to locate files even if their name is different, well using this as a guide the new
site has been accumulating hashes for over a week now and currently holds 2.4 Tera bytes of data :shock:,
once most have been gathered in I,ll post the address here for you to get using it .

P.S. there are a few help guides on the network now regarding fake files so just search for the word fake and you,ll get more help at the click of your mouse.
We are many folks, and we are not running from these people, so enjoy the network and and remember your not alone, whatever
the rights and wrongs of file sharing Sony have no right to flood the network, and take it from me folks thats the main source of this flood,
we are watching them too..lol

Anyone wishing to send hashes to the database please use MxHashish to generate the file.
Theres an easy pictorial guide on using the program.

http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1760

Select Parse the library.dat file, this will leave you a new file inside the
C:\Program Files \winmx \ folder that has the CSV extension on it. This file should be sent to Vladd44@Vladd44.Com

Cheers folks,you know it fakes sense ... :lol:
Dazzle

Postby Skater00 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Wow, very halpful. Thanks
Skater00

Postby BadBadKitty » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:29 am

Dazzle , Thanks Millions , The -c: works like a charm ! :lol:
BadBadKitty

File Error > (3)/Connection refused

Postby Tino89 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:25 pm

When I try downloading video files I either get "File Error > (3)" or connection refused. Audio files still work though. Why don't the videos work? I tried the -c: thing but that did nothing :roll:
Tino89

Postby king » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:36 pm

I think the solution is not use the most obsolete program called WinMX. :lol:
king

Postby Widdle » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:26 pm

The thread is for WinMX users buddy. Just stay out since all you do is bash anything that you aren't paid to develop.

Troll.
Widdle

Return to WinMX