Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Is MS AntiSpyware causing upload blocks?

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Have you noticed a connection between installing MS AntiSpyware beta and WinMX not allowing file uploads?

Yes
25%
No
50%
Not sure
25%

Total votes : 4

Is MS AntiSpyware causing upload blocks?

Postby gman » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:57 am

This may just be a coincidence, but I'm wondering if Microsoft's new AntiSpyware beta program may be blocking more than just spyware.

I installed and ran it for the first time about two weeks ago. While I give the program high marks for finding and fixing issues SpyBot 1.3 didn't catch, I have noticed that everyone who attempts to upload files from my WinMX shared folder is timing out (and it's set at 3 minutes)!

If I knew which of the blocking features to disable (preferably without leaving myself open to new spyware attacks in the process), I'd do it. On the same train of thought, I wonder if AntiSpyware beta may be causing the same problems on other systems, leading to the overall dismal rate of successful downloads everyone seems to be having.

Has anyone else noticed a connection between installing AntiSpyware beta and their uploads stopping? Anyone know which options to disable on it to get the music flowing again? All ideas would be appreciated.
gman

Postby raar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:38 am

gman, i've got ms antispyware installed and have someone uploading as i type. don't know what the prob is and i haven't touched any of the options.
must be something else.
sorry, that's all the help i can give.
raar

Postby gman » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks raar. I guess it was just a weird coincidence. :?
gman

Postby Dazzle » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:32 am

Not sure if you guys know about this but its been about a while ..

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10387

Get the cure here :)

http://forums.cricketmx.com/download.php?id=532

Hope that provides someone with help even if its not the problem here :wink:
Dazzle

Postby nms04 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:35 am

i'm not sure but i would say NO
nms04

Postby adilshah » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:53 am

i was gettig the same problem in winmx but i am not sure if it is microsoft antispyware that is causing the problems. i have had ms antispyware for more than a month however the problems in winmx cropped up about 2 weeks back. i think it is some other problem with winmx though not sure what. running the setup wizard again sorts out the problem sometims though not always.
adilshah

Return to WinMX