PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

iMesh 5.0.0.227

Postby G-smooth2k » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:37 pm

Source: iMesh
Released: August 31,2004
License: Adware
Download: iMeshV5

Publisher's Description:
iMesh 5 is the latest version of the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing program that lets you find, download, share and publish audio and video files, computer games, images, photos and just about any document. An ever-growing community of millions of registered users ensures quick location and download of virtually any type of file available on the P2P network. And now iMesh 5 makes file sharing even better with great new features including multinetworking (search simultaneously on other file sharing network such as Gnutella), a new, even friendlier user interface and much more.

Editor's note: This download includes adware bundled with the software's installer file. Adware may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options. For more information on adware and spyware, please visit our Spyware Center.

Changes and fixes:
- Reduced load time
- eDonkey connection improvement + added option to update servers list from disk or URL
- Player redesign and bug fixes
- Media Library redesign and bug fixes
- General design improvements - better icons, status graphics and more

For iMesh Help, FAQ, News, Support: http://www.imesh.com/forums/index.php
Last edited by G-smooth2k on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G-smooth2k

iMesh 5.0.0.227

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:42 pm

Didn't iMesh sell out to the RIAA?? :roll:
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:43 pm

The editor can shove that notice right up his a$$. :twisted:

Nothing against you G-Smooth but I think Slyck should have policy of only submitting 'clean' clients or info with the release on how to get rid of the nasty sh!t that comes with it. (cuz some won't work if you just use S & D or Ad-aware.)

Please someone find me the individual/s that created (better yet, even thought of) spyware/adware, so I can shoot them in the head.

EDIT: My bad, I see that it wasn't on the new releases section on the front page, but, my stance on the matter stil stands for the other sh!t infested apps. :!:
Unbiased_Opinion

Re: iMesh 5.0.0.227

Postby G-smooth2k » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:00 pm

ln_solitude wrote:Didn't iMesh sell out to the RIAA?? :roll:

Also to point out that they have settled with the RIAA.

It was brought to our attention that many users have privacy concerns about iMesh settlement with RIAA. In light of that we would
like to confirm that iMesh was and always will respect its users' privacy and rights. No information about iMesh users will not be passed. Moreover a part of the settlement is intended to protect iMesh users from disclosing their details and iMesh did its upmost to reach this agreement and to justify the trust you placed in us.

iMesh will make every effort to preserve its users privacy in the future as it did untill now.

iMesh Team

They also will continue with the service.
G-smooth2k

Postby jonnyd » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:02 pm

"No information about iMesh users will not be passed."

hmmmm....
jonnyd

Postby red duck » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:09 am

don't know for you but i'm not going to use aything that was created by those who settled with riaa.
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby j_dogg » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:01 pm

G-smooth... I've noticed you've opening a few new threads when applications are released instaed of using the New Releases Submission form accessible via the front page. Can you please use this in the future, saves double dicusions and makes it easier for people to find.
j_dogg

Postby Cybergenetic » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:50 pm

iMesh. sick.

I'll stick to...

BitTorrent.
DirectConnect.
eD2k.
Gnutella.
SoulSeek.
Usenet.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic