Slyck Chatbox - And More

Emule know/download file question

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Emule know/download file question

Postby pocs » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi,

I have recently come to an issue that one of my emule reside in office has been banned by my boss so that i can't download from office anymore. I have always download in both place: one at home and one at office.

Now i want to move my emule back to home, but i come to an issue that my known and download file is important for me, so i want to merge the file in my office and my home together...

is that possible?

Thanks
pocs

Re: Emule know/download file question

Postby zbeast » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:59 pm

thats simple... just back up your download and your incompleat downloads directory.

Just copy your compleated downloads from your work to your compleated download directorys at home
now for your incompleat downloads just use the import downloads feater from the emule tools tab.

I do this all the time as I sometimes work for big companys with a lot more bandwith that I have at home.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby pocs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 am

Hi all,

Sorry for this always late reply.
Is there anyway to set the forum email me when there is new message in my post? hehe :p

actually what i am trying to say is, you know there is the "known and download" file in the config folder? the file which tell you whether the search result you have download or cancel? it is a binary file. so yea, i have manage to put all the downloaded file into a folder and shared, but yea, when i do a search for my result, i will again accidentally download the file which i have downloaded before("deleted file which is crap")

so i am wondering whether i can merge the the file of "download" "known" "cancel" file together?

when i type this post, i am in my office, so i don't know what is the extension for the download, cancel and know file.
but ya, it is inside the config folder of emule, i want to merge those file.

Thanks
pocs

Postby pocs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:01 am

Ya, the filename is known.met and cancel.met file. sorry for all the confusion.
Thanks again.
pocs

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

yes, pocs, you can have the board notify you of replies. first make sure you have email notification enabled in your user control panel. then, for any topic, look at the bottom of the page and click where it says "subscribe topic". then you're all set :)
MrFredPFL

Return to eMule / kad