Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

connectivity issue

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

connectivity issue

Postby ravensky6x9 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Does anyone have info in regards to emule connections, recently I have been plagued with sudden disconects from my server. I get a warning internet connection failure, this only seems to happen when I start emule and no other program. Any ideas whats causing it? I end up having to reset both my router and modem.
ravensky6x9
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:02 am

Re: connectivity issue

Postby HouseCrowd » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 am

Try lowering the number of connections allowed in eMule's settings. Also, I would check the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) setting in your router/modem - I've found some router/modems can frequently disconnect and/or crash if the MTU is too high or if there are too many simultaneous connections.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
User avatar
HouseCrowd
 
Posts: 33862
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:18 am
Location: UK

Re: connectivity issue

Postby Ratt » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah, could just be the modem and/or router can't handle Kad's traffic (or it can't handle it anymore). What about torrents? They put even more stress on it.
"Remember, kids, only rich people can sidestep the law. When you download our music without permission, you undermine the very fabric of society, but when we move our money to offshore tax shelters, that's simply 'fiscal responsibility'."
--MrFredPFL
User avatar
Ratt
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:50 pm

Re: connectivity issue

Postby LD50% » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:54 pm

I have noticed with more than a few UK IPS's that if you don't use a VPN it is low ID all the way. Scary. :tinfoilhat:
User avatar
LD50%
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:11 pm

Re: connectivity issue

Postby ntscuser » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

LD50% wrote:I have noticed with more than a few UK IPS's that if you don't use a VPN it is low ID all the way. Scary. :tinfoilhat:
I have high ID and am connected to the server okay but the company formerly known as AOL-UK is now actively blocking all eMule transfers during certain hours. :pissedoff:
User avatar
ntscuser
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 am
Location: United Kingdom but originally from Holland

Re: connectivity issue

Postby Ratt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:02 pm

ntscuser wrote:
LD50% wrote:I have noticed with more than a few UK IPS's that if you don't use a VPN it is low ID all the way. Scary. :tinfoilhat:
I have high ID and am connected to the server okay but the company formerly known as AOL-UK is now actively blocking all eMule transfers during certain hours. :pissedoff:


And enabling obfuscation makes no difference? Damn, that sucks.
"Remember, kids, only rich people can sidestep the law. When you download our music without permission, you undermine the very fabric of society, but when we move our money to offshore tax shelters, that's simply 'fiscal responsibility'."
--MrFredPFL
User avatar
Ratt
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:50 pm

Re: connectivity issue

Postby ntscuser » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Ratt wrote:
ntscuser wrote:
LD50% wrote:I have noticed with more than a few UK IPS's that if you don't use a VPN it is low ID all the way. Scary. :tinfoilhat:
I have high ID and am connected to the server okay but the company formerly known as AOL-UK is now actively blocking all eMule transfers during certain hours. :pissedoff:

And enabling obfuscation makes no difference?
No and it also severely reduces the number of search results returned. For testing I'm using files would normally max out my connection if everything was clear. Some time just after 1.10am the transfers will resume as if nothing had happened. The eMule wiki database claims that Carphone Warehouse does not throttle eMule which is clearly wrong as AOL-UK is now hosted on the same servers as Talk Talk (Opal Telecom).
User avatar
ntscuser
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 am
Location: United Kingdom but originally from Holland


Return to eMule / kad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com