Slyck Chatbox - And More

How to setup Emule?

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

How to setup Emule?

Postby kazaa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi,

How do i setup Emule without a router? Is Emule the same way as torrents where i need to brouse to a site and download the file then load the file into my client which this it will be Emule? What if i don't want to upload and share? Is it possible to still use it? Where do i download Emule from?
kazaa

Re: How to setup Emule?

Postby lordfoul » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:05 pm

E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby kazaa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:07 pm

lordfoul wrote:Try the obvious maybe?

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... i?l=1&ga=1

What do you mean? I asked some questions, why can't no one give me answers?
kazaa

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:13 pm

as a general rule, no special setup is required to use a p2p program with no router. it is when you DO use a router that you generally need to take extra steps to make it work.

if you read the description on the page lordfoul posted the link to, you will see that this program is coded to reward uploaders. if you don't upload, you will not be happy with the performance of the program. i would say that if you don't want to upload, emule/ed2k is not the protocol for you. that goes for BT as well.

edit: and you waited 15 minutes, got one reply, and weren't happy with it, saying "no one" was giving you answers. that to me indicates a serious lack of patience, which is NOT a good thing for anyone using emule. it's a saturday night. not everyone has no life like LF and i, and are doing other things, as opposed to hanging out on slyck in case u need an immediate answer about how to set up a program to allow you to leech stuff without giving anything back :roll:

that kind of attitude will not serve you well with emule, period.
MrFredPFL

Re:

Postby kazaa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:18 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:as a general rule, no special setup is required to use a p2p program with no router. it is when you DO use a router that you generally need to take extra steps to make it work.

if you read the description on the page lordfoul posted the link to, you will see that this program is coded to reward uploaders. if you don't upload, you will not be happy with the performance of the program. i would say that if you don't want to upload, emule/ed2k is not the protocol for you. that goes for BT as well.

edit: and you waited 15 minutes, got one reply, and weren't happy with it, saying "no one" was giving you answers. that to me indicates a serious lack of patience, which is NOT a good thing for anyone using emule. it's a saturday night. not everyone has no life like LF and i, and are doing other things, as opposed to hanging out on slyck in case u need an immediate answer about how to set up a program to allow you to leech stuff without giving anything back :roll:

that kind of attitude will not serve you well with emule, period.

Ok i do use BT all the time and i don't upload with that. Someone on this forum told me in PM i don't have to use Emule to upload. I am happy with BT and i don't upload and i wanted to try something different.
kazaa

Re: Re:

Postby lordfoul » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:23 pm

kazaa wrote:Someone on this forum told me in PM i don't have to use Emule to upload. I am happy with BT and i don't upload and i wanted to try something different.

Better PM them back to find out. I'd not like to see the answer, which I sure could provide, be answered on a Slyck forum.
lordfoul

Re: Re:

Postby kazaa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:26 pm

lordfoul wrote:
kazaa wrote:Someone on this forum told me in PM i don't have to use Emule to upload. I am happy with BT and i don't upload and i wanted to try something different.

Better PM them back to find out. I'd not like to see the answer, which I sure could provide, be answered on a Slyck forum.

Maybe he will see this topic when he comes online? He just told me to leave one of the folders empty. Is that right fartingbob? I did got your PM now how don't i upload?
kazaa

Postby lordfoul » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:28 pm

lol :nopity:
lordfoul

Postby kazaa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:32 pm

lordfoul wrote:lol :nopity:

How often does he come on? Here is the PM i got from him. His name on this forum is fartingbob.

You should share, its what makes the P2P world go round.
however, if you are really against it, then just leave the default download folder empty (move the things youve downloaded to somewhere else when theyre done), then you will only share files that your currently downloading, which is unavoidable on all networks these days.
Emule and Bittorrent are by far the 2 best netowrks for large files. There is usenet, but you have to pay for access to it. Read the slyck guides on the homepage if you want more information on anything.
kazaa

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 am

Well since youve dragged me into this topic as well, ill comment.
It is possible to avoid uploading many files in emule, but thats not the idea of the game. You might as well upload, unless you are specifically using your upload elsewhere. If no-one uploads, no-one can download. So be fair. And anyway, if you never upload, you'll notice that download speeds for you will be slower. Emule is designed this way.

Download emule. install. Follow the pop ups that will help you set it all up. There isnt really anywhere you can go wrong unless you have a router.

Oh and although theres nothing in that PM i sent you that i wouldnt say on the forum, its common forum etiquette that you dont post Private Messages on the public forums without the other guys knowledge.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:55 am

Fartingbob wrote:Well since youve dragged me into this topic as well, ill comment.
It is possible to avoid uploading many files in emule, but thats not the idea of the game. You might as well upload, unless you are specifically using your upload elsewhere. If no-one uploads, no-one can download. So be fair. And anyway, if you never upload, you'll notice that download speeds for you will be slower. Emule is designed this way.

Download emule. install. Follow the pop ups that will help you set it all up. There isnt really anywhere you can go wrong unless you have a router.

Oh and although theres nothing in that PM i sent you that i wouldnt say on the forum, its common forum etiquette that you dont post Private Messages on the public forums without the other guys knowledge.

OK,

I have another question. Please don't leave yet Bob. Is there any sites i need to go to for downloading just like i go to torrent sites?
kazaa

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 am

There are some, but i dont use them (i just use other networks more).
http://slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2591
A good list of sites there. They not all be that active, but im sure you can find what your lookng for on them.
Any more questions about setup can probably be answered in the help pages of the emul website.
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_entries&cat_id=276
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:05 am

Fartingbob wrote:There are some, but i dont use them (i just use other networks more).
http://slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2591
A good list of sites there. They not all be that active, but im sure you can find what your lookng for on them.

I think i have Emule setup the right way but i don't know how to use it. I hit the connect button and it's waiting.
kazaa

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:06 am

Try conecting to different servers (sort by number of users, big servers are better) if one doesnt work.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 am

Fartingbob wrote:Try conecting to different servers (sort by number of users, big servers are better) if one doesnt work.

What is a larger network between Emule and Edonkey? I am not using a site i am using the search inside of the program.
kazaa

Postby ntscuser » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:23 am

There isn't any eMule or BT client I know of that enables you to avoid uploading entirely. At best you can fiddle with the configuration so that they upload an absolute minimum but this will also severely restrict your download speeds. I would only do it if, for example, the total bandwidth (upload + download) I was able to use each month was severely restricted by my ISP.
ntscuser

How do i accept eMule ports?

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi,

I just tested my ports with eMule and it failed. Is that the reason why i can't download and it is just waiting? I am running the free version of Zone Alarm on Vista. I left the default eMule ports as they are. How do i let the ports come in without having ZA blocking them?
kazaa

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Go Here
A: Find your wireless router model
B: Find emule in the big list of programs.
C: Follow the step by step guide.
D: Zone alarm should inform you when emule is trying to access the internet, just tell it that you want it to have access and ZA should be ok with it after that. Im not sure since i dont use it though.
you might have to go into the settings and allow the port number. Check the ZA help files if step D doesnt work.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:07 pm

Fartingbob wrote:Go Here
A: Find your wireless router model
B: Find emule in the big list of programs.
C: Follow the step by step guide.
D: Zone alarm should inform you when emule is trying to access the internet, just tell it that you want it to have access and ZA should be ok with it after that. Im not sure since i dont use it though.
you might have to go into the settings and allow the port number. Check the ZA help files if step D doesnt work.

I don't have a router. Just a cable modem. I just checked my ports in eMule for the hell of it and it failed. Does that mean it found a router? That is impossible. The failing ports, is that why it is keep waiting on a download? I did connect to the largest server that was 190 something . with different numbers.
kazaa

Postby kazaa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Why is eMule downloading my movies in .part instead of .avi or .mpg? I got the download to start.
kazaa

Postby johnnycomelately » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Someone is taking the piss out of Slyck members...

:lookup:
johnnycomelately

Postby Artie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:35 pm

kazaa wrote:Why is eMule downloading my movies in .part instead of .avi or .mpg? I got the download to start.

Because it downloads movies in "parts" and not from "beginning to end". Then when it's done you have the whole movie. And unless the movie you want is one of those rare hard-to-find ones, then it's better to use BT anyway.

So many other laughable and pathetic things I could say about this thread that it would take me about two hours to cover it all.

Although I will say that it's a good thing that Bob didn't ask to have gay sex in that PM, or else we probably wouldn't see Bob here again. :mrgreen:
Artie

Postby ntscuser » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:39 pm

johnnycomelately wrote:Someone is taking the piss out of Slyck members...
Don't you mean "taking the .piss"?
ntscuser

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Artie wrote:Although I will say that it's a good thing that Bob didn't ask to have gay sex in that PM, or else we probably wouldn't see Bob here again. :mrgreen:

I almost did, but thankfully at the last minute i realised torrentmama would be jelous, so refrained.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby TorrentMama » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Kazaa is no threat to TorrentMama! :wink:
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Next

Return to eMule / kad