Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

anyone tested IMULE 1.1.2.?

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

anyone tested IMULE 1.1.2.?

Postby technorat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:17 am

Last edited by technorat on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
technorat

Re: anyone tested IMULE 0.1.4.?

Postby Andu » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:37 am

Dunno. It's basically eMule ported to support I2P. Which means that you wouldn't connect to ed2k but to it's own network.
Andu

Postby IceCube » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm

I saw this recently and was going to report on it, but when I saw the eMule forums, I decided against it. I think this comment on the eMule forums said enough for me:

leuk_he wrote:
Tuxman wrote:Great, the first aMule mod I've ever seen. No idea why it's called "anonymous eMule", though. To get more users?

I2p is a anonymous overlay network. So if you use this mod ( btw, this board is only for emule mods.. But this board also needs a topic somewhere for emule related tools..) you CANNOT get sources from other emule users. ONLY from other imule users.

Short.

Advantage:
  • Anonymous
  • Uses the familiar interface of aMule.
Disadvangage
  • SLOW (A lot slower since all traffic has to be routed over MULTIPLE nodes to get anonimity)
  • You can only download from other imule users, not from amule or eMule users. i2p has no gateway nodes to internet like tor.
That is, if this mod words as the topic start suggests.

Anyway: it would be nice it it is mention in the readme that it is based on aMule (and what version of aMule)

EVEN WORSE:

since amule is GPL YOU NEED TO put the licence in this package. IT IS REQUIRED : :pissedoff: it is not an option. PLEASE READ THE GPL!
IceCube

Postby technorat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 am

ah, I see you need to check the box "internal i2p router" in preferences and restart imule, then download the nodes.dat from i2p.., it works quite good. As the website says, that imule may be soon hybrid with amule, then the old donkey network works again as well within imule. But I guess, this has massive consequences for releasing, as any releasegroup will release in imule only, so that users partials then over amule will be available... soon, all edonkey boards will add, that this is an imule only ed2k link (for users, which want immediately a source for downloading), while the other users need to share the partials with the imule/amule hybrid users, which are partial-uploaders for the old donkey network, but not the seeders.

seeding in imule will be the new focus of any edonkey link... seeded or not in imule, will be the question.
technorat

Postby IceCube » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Unfortunately, uploaders want speed. IMule has to port through multiple nodes to achieve anonymity. If people complained about the speeds before...
IceCube

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:07 pm

technorat wrote:seeding in imule will be the new focus of any edonkey link

on what do you base that grandiose claim?
MrFredPFL

Postby sonnentier » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:08 am

When I tried I2Phex, a gnutella client using the I2P network, I found it to have very unreliable connectivity, not having much files and running unstable. Unfortunately I didn't actually come to leeching something, so I don't know speeds, but they can't be high. The required I2P router was also a ressource hog.

While I find I2P very interesting, I'd say you can use it for experimental purpose only.
sonnentier

Return to eMule / kad