Slyck Chatbox - And More

NuBee upload question

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

NuBee upload question

Postby cher » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:57 am

Hi,
I am new to emule. I have been using emule to get a series of tv episodes. I have been connected for almost a month now and have completed about 60 percent. This is fine. I have also noticed alot of the same clients have been connected for several weeks.
My question relates to the fact that every now and then a new client will start uploading from me at FULL speed after waiting 0 seconds and will upload almost all the files I have been downloading for weeks in just a few hours. If I check their profile it shows that they have downloaded a bunch, but uploaded nothing.
On one hand I say "more power to them," but on the other hand I wonder why many of us have been waiting for weeks and suddenly someone just logs in and gets all these files in a few hours. Hey, I don't really care that much, but I just wonder if this is normal.
I just don't know how they can get so far up the queue if they haven't actually downloaded anything to any one else?
Maybe I'm just missing something.
Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

I enjoy perusing this site very much slycksters.
Thanx
cher

Postby IceCube » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:58 am

I think when you are looking at the users details, you are seeing what that user has uploaded to youand uploaded from you, not their totals overall.

Download speed also depends on how much uploading you've done for that file to other users as well since eMule is on a credit system. I'm not sure if that answers your queue question or not though. As for downloading at full speeds, most eMule clients upload on a full chunk basis so once you are up on an upload slot, you'll get whatever the speed that user caps out as for you (or possibly what speed can be transferred to you - setting dependent)

Hope this helps. :)
IceCube

Re: NuBee upload question

Postby LD50% » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:43 pm

cher wrote:Hi,
I am new to emule. I have been using emule to get a series of tv episodes.

*cough* No you haven't! That aside, just get your upload and download speeds set right, router port forwards, and forget about it. The ONLY thing of interest is the incoming folder. It will reward you as time goes on, be as generous as you can.
LD50%

Postby Andu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:47 am

Here are the docs. If you read up on it you might find one or the other jewel that helps you.

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi

Also some of the threads in the following forum might be of interest to you.

http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showforum=76
Andu

Return to eMule / kad