Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Never a Complete Upload (edited: do not post in all caps!)

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Never a Complete Upload (edited: do not post in all caps!)

Postby Viking » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:11 am

Hi Everyone,

In my search for a good sharing program I now arrived at e-mule.
I'm happy to see that people can find my rare and hard to get music and video's that I share.
Downloading is very good too, but I'm more interested in uploading.
Now here's the problem, I see lots of people uploading but I never see a complete upload.

Anyone know what to do about this, or is this just not working in e-mule?

Thanxx for your help.

:)
Viking

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:21 am

please read the forum rules.

11) DO NOT TYPE SUBJECT IN ALL CAPS. It is totally unnecessary to write the subject of a new thread in all caps.
MrFredPFL

Postby IceCube » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:24 am

Hi Viking, please refer to the forum rules. Particularly the following"

11) DO NOT TYPE SUBJECT IN ALL CAPS. It is totally unnecessary to write the subject of a new thread in all caps.

What do you mean by a complete upload? Do you mean a file that has no sources with the complete file? Do you mean the sources upload for a brief time and then stop? I'm a little confused as to what you mean. :?

Edit: Grr, Fred beat me :P
IceCube

Never a complete upload

Postby Viking » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:33 am

What I mean is, like in Winmx, when someone has succeeded in uploading a file, it says complete and stays there till I clear the file.
Viking

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:46 am

It does not work that way in eMule. You "complete" chunks of said file.
Unbiased_Opinion

Postby IceCube » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:03 am

Oh. Yeah, eMule doesn't maintain a readily avaliable log of who uploaded to you like that. While the client itself keeps track of this for credits purposes, there's no upload history like that that I'm aware of. If this is what you mean, I personally say this skips a step. If you want to keep track of how much is uploaded and downloaded from known users to your client though, click on the transfers button, then on the lower pane, click on (I think this is by default) 'Uploading' (with the red arrow pointing up which doesn't quite look like a button) to scroll through the various alternative panes until you reach 'known clients'. that'll tell you how much users are downloading/uploading with you.
IceCube

Postby Viking » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:21 am

Ok, thanks IceCube that works.

But being an old Winmx freak, I don't get as much pleasure in using e-mule as I have with Winmx, it's beautiful when you come home and see how many people have downloaded wich files from you.

Greetings and thanks again.

Viking :)
Viking

Postby JayC32 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:33 am

If you want to see how much ou have uploaded of a file go into shared and just click on it. eMule doesn't have such a feature as in their opinion it is a waste of resources. I agree with this I don't care who I have uploaded to, and I only track how much I have uploaded on a release so I can decide when to set of the next FOSS release I am going to do.

The advantage of eMule being open source is if you know how to code and compile you can add it yourself and become a modder.
JayC32

Return to eMule / kad