Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

eMule downloads folder

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby pattiluce » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:41 pm

A question please...sounds silly, but where is my download. I cant find a target directory facility on emule, like there was on donkey.

I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction if you would be so kind. :D
Flavour your words with care you may have to eat them
pattiluce

Postby HouseCrowd » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:00 pm

It's wherever you set it to in 'Options' here Patts:

I'll move this to a new thread for you, since it has little to do with the 'eMule Tools' thread ;)
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby qm2003 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:07 pm

Or, you organize your downloads into categories.
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... pic_id=143

Each category can have its own "incoming files" folder.
qm2003

Postby pattiluce » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:39 pm

Ok thanx HC, I never get anything in the right thread....beats me :lol:

That looks pretty interesting qm...thanx

I dont have a d/l, thought it had finishd!!!

Whoever said Mule was better than donkey???

My choice was just a music track, and it has been waiting for a whole day and a night!!!

Am I sposed to set the bloody thing or what?

I am annoyed.
pattiluce

Postby lordpake » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:07 am

Does the download progress bar have red in it? If yes, then too bad, no full sources. Besides that, it's all in the amount of sources.

Oh, and do you use good server :) Connecting and searching through fake etc may give poor results. The following list is of good servers http://corpo.free.fr/server.met Use that by copying that address to server-window field titled 'Update server.met from URL'. Be sure to clear your list of servers first.

Also, further eMule-related issues might best be solved in http://forum.emule-project.net/ where there's more people available for help.
lordpake

Postby pattiluce » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:45 am

Thank you lordpake..will give it a try.
pattiluce

Postby Ratt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:51 am

pattiluce wrote:My choice was just a music track, and it has been waiting for a whole day and a night!!!

How many sources did you see when you searched for it? (next to the search result that is). It's a good idea to rank your search results according to number of sources (that's what I do).

If you only do a "global" search on the smaller servers, then you'll see less sources anyway, so this can be misleading. It's better to get on the biggest server and search "global" there - it'll be faster, too. Or do a "Kad" search, which takes longer but can in some cases yield better search results!

And as said, if a file forever stays red in the "transfer" window, then that means either 1) those sources have gone permanently off-line, or 2) those sources are blocking you for some reason (but mostly the former). So eventually you cancel it and look for another file.
Ratt

Postby pattiluce » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:17 am

Actually i dont think there were many sources cos its not a popular song.

It has d/led now though.

Thanx for reminding me about sources :D
pattiluce

emule folders

Postby Lee1001 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:39 am

just click on tools select "incoming"all COMPLETED files will be there!!!
Lee1001

Postby P2P_G » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:41 am

pattiluce wrote:Ok thanx HC, I never get anything in the right thread....beats me :lol:

That looks pretty interesting qm...thanx

I dont have a d/l, thought it had finishd!!!

Whoever said Mule was better than donkey???

My choice was just a music track, and it has been waiting for a whole day and a night!!!

Am I sposed to set the bloody thing or what?

I am annoyed.

Wierd....my max wait time for a file is like 2 days :P And have you KAD on?
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby pattiluce » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:21 pm

2 days for a music file???? Nah, cant be that long, you must mean *cough* ones :lol:

Donkey used to d/l big files in hours for me, was great I loved it.

Yeh I got kad on now.
pattiluce

Postby JayC32 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:42 pm

Two days that's nothing. I chased a low ID source across the servers for a month to get a file as they were the only source for the thing.

There are a lot of things involved affecting your downloads all of them related to the uploaders. Ironically though I have found popular files with a lot of sources take longer than some rare files. The sources to wants ratio kicking in I think.
JayC32

Postby Ratt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:11 pm

JayC32 wrote:Two days that's nothing. I chased a low ID source across the servers for a month to get a file as they were the only source for the thing.

I think my record is about six months. 8)

This network is a dream for the persistent hunters of rare shit, not so much for the impatient passing-through folks.
Ratt

Postby IceCube » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:22 pm

My record for slowest download was actually about that - 6 months. Though this was using Shareaza chasing a G2 client around at 0.2kb/s for a rather large file. eMule has yet to top that for me but it did come closest at 2 months (the file was well over 3GB big and almost no full sources... though I'm sure the other downloaders at the time appreciated the pieces I retrieved for them)
IceCube

Postby JayC32 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:41 am

Ratt wrote:I think my record is about six months. 8)

This network is a dream for the persistent hunters of rare shit, not so much for the impatient passing-through folks.

Yes you've got to love the thrill of the hunt.

I have to agree though on te impatient thing. I have noticed a shift in the ed2k world. It used to be mainly a sharing ethos, now with silly speed bb it has become more me, me, me.

I have had a download take 7 months as the only source was not on all the time and seemes to be on dial up, but I am a patient man. My record for actually chasing a source around the serers was a month. Those low ID sources can be a right pain in the proverbial.
JayC32

Postby Ratt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 am

JayC32 wrote:I have to agree though on te impatient thing. I have noticed a shift in the ed2k world. It used to be mainly a sharing ethos, now with silly speed bb it has become more me, me, me.

True, true. My UL/DL ratio is 1:1 ; being on DSL with the kind of subscription I have, that's the best I can do. I share a folder of rare video files, plus my impartial downloads obviously. We can't all share like IceCube does. :wink:
Ratt

Return to eMule / kad