Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Searching for file from a list using emule

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Searching for file from a list using emule

Postby flyingrhino » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Does anyone know how to use emule or one of the emule mods to search for files from a list - for example I prepare a list of files to search for, then pipe it into the program and come back a few minutes later to check the results ?
This text is copylifted. Download it, copy it, share it ....
Non sharing of this content will be deemed infringement and will be dealt with to
the maximum extent of the lore. Arrrr.
flyingrhino

Postby IceCube » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 am

Wow, umm.. for a series of searches, I havn't used eMule mods, but for eMule, it sounds like you'll need to do it one at a time. Though another idea is to go through a link site, find what you want and paste the hash links in ED2K.

Personally, I'm not aware of any program that'll dump several searches into a queue and let it search at the same time like what your saying (IIRC) Though in eMule, is you search with Kad, you can execute one search, then execute a different search and both searches will search for what your looking for at the same time (you just have to input it one at a time and make sure it's not similar by name)

I'm sure if a client were to implement a multi search like that, it would run the risk of hammering the network (ala Servers, hubs, etc.)
IceCube

Postby flyingrhino » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:34 am

Here's my problem - I'm looking for some rare files that are very difficult to find online. Every time I search I usually find nothing, but once in a while I get lucky and one of them turns up. Now the list is quite long and it's a pity to keep cut&paste it in every time.
This text is copylifted. Download it, copy it, share it ....
Non sharing of this content will be deemed infringement and will be dealt with to
the maximum extent of the lore. Arrrr.
flyingrhino

Postby Ratt » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:31 am

flyingrhino wrote:Here's my problem - I'm looking for some rare files that are very difficult to find online. Every time I search I usually find nothing, but once in a while I get lucky and one of them turns up. Now the list is quite long and it's a pity to keep cut&paste it in every time.

If they don't even turn up in most searches, I would assume that they are very difficult to download even if they turn up. Incomplete files, and all that.

Can't really help with that, of course, I just sympathize. :?
Ratt

Return to eMule / kad