Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

DRM in eMule?

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

DRM in eMule?

Postby shadowedemons » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:57 am

new timberlake, new Hatebreed, new Motörhead and many more (even the ones wikipedia doesn't have the full tracklisting for) can be found in their full glory on Emule. Problem? All have been DRM'd to the max!

why? why torture me?
shadowedemons

Postby HEAT84 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:13 am

Those are probably fake. How could someone like Justin Timberlake and Motorhead? :P Never heard of Hatebreed but the name sounds like they're more like Motorhead than JT.
Last edited by HEAT84 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby zbeast » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:14 am

hmmmm what?
Your trying to download mp3's right? not Wma's.
never bother trying to download wma's.
zbeast

Postby Sacky » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 am

Can't they just be cracked and stripped of the DRM?
No Message here...
Sacky

Postby shadowedemons » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:17 am

Sacky wrote:Can't they just be cracked and stripped of the DRM?

sad to say no. must be using DRM 10 or some shit like that.

for now, until DRM 10 is cracked, just look out for filenames like these:

(NEW 2006)

(NEW 2006) « Insert Song Title Here »

As for zbeast, I try not to d/l WMAs, but they were WinRared so I didn't know until I previewed what had already been d/l'd.

What gets me is that they are upto DRM 10. Which means DRM 1-9 were cracked. When will they ever learn?
shadowedemons

Postby SlyckScratch » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:22 am

shadowedemons wrote:What gets me is that they are upto DRM 10. Which means DRM 1-9 were cracked. When will they ever learn?

Thats one approach - from their point of view they'll be saying "Look! Here's WMP10 - we know the others are comprimised and guess what - we NEVER give up making more secure DRM. There will be an 11 and a 12 and a..."
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby HEAT84 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:38 am

DRM 10 was cracked months ago. Go here.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby shadowedemons » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:56 am

I'm not talking about cracking it like that. i mean like not having to get the License Acquisition and besides... that site says two things:

From http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... post804691
INSTRUCTIONS:
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY/SEE THE VIDEO FOR THIS TO WORK!

Unzip and keep in the same directory. Open decryptit.exe. Click "Add" and browse to the protected WMV. Click "Go". Ta-da!

I don't need WMV; i meant WMA.
sry for the confusion

Love Doom9 though. excellent site.
shadowedemons

Postby qm2003 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 am

No, it isnt.
Not according to the thread you linked to.

I undrm'ed a few older wma files back in the time, but now i don't bother anymore with this crap.

Anyone who shares drm'ed files is either a simpering moron (napster users) or has "p2p unfriendly" intentions (scammers, phishers, hackers).

Just stay clear of any DRM'ed format (mostly wma/wmv).
One of the more important rules ...
qm2003

Postby Artie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:47 am

I have no problem with someone liking both Timberlake and Motörhead. My taste in music varies widely also. I could easily listen to Slayer one minute, and The Moody Blues the next.

A couple years ago I tried cracking a DRM-protected WMV file, but then humbly discovered that you need the original license key for it to work at all. I don't remember "decryptit.exe" being one of the tools, but if in fact that tool does literally decrypt those files now, then that would say a lot. I'll give it a shot and see. If true, then why not encrypt a file using AES or triple DES.

I'll lastly add that why download any individual music file on eMule? Especially one that's RAR'ed up? Use SoulSeek for individual music files and eMule or BitTorrent for full albums. It's really quite that simple.
Artie

Postby shadowedemons » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:56 am

HEAT84 wrote:Those are probably fake. How could someone like Justin Timberlake and Motorhead? :P Never heard of Hatebreed but the name sounds like they're more like Motorhead than JT.

hmm...

Artie wrote:I have no problem with someone liking both Timberlake and Motörhead. My taste in music varies widely also. I could easily listen to Slayer one minute, and The Moody Blues the next.

how you like dem apples Heat? :P
then again, if you're not on slyck then you're on sh.. :)
shadowedemons

Postby LANjackal » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:30 pm

shadowedemons wrote:What gets me is that they are upto DRM 10. Which means DRM 1-9 were cracked. When will they ever learn?

That's not necessarily the case. MS updates the DRM to allow new features such as rental, etc (see Janus for an example). MS only really got serious about DRM in WM* 9.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby yaveznodo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Crack? Crack? Why bother. Play the file, set audacity to record. Et voila, non-drm'ed mp3 or wav comes out the other end. Analog hole at its finest!
yaveznodo

Return to eMule / kad