Slyck Chatbox - And More

eMule Tools

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

eMule Tools

Postby nikt » Tue May 23, 2006 10:13 am

Here is a selection of handy eMule related apps :

- the most usefull for handling "dissapearing" downloaded files after system crash / hard reset

Metfileregenerator Needs Java

Donkeydoctor

SiDirec In case Scan disk corrupts your files , mainly on win2k

- for backing up important files ( of course you might also just check "always" box in preferences -> extended -> Safe .met/.dat file writing :wink: )

Autobackup

Partmetbackup Also restarts eMule when needed

- for restarting eMule in case of program crash

Progrunner

eMule Defibrillator via eMule Content

- other usefull apps

Premule - free preview tool for eMule

Client Credits - Xmans utility for viewing and editing clients.met file

Emuchoice - For managing multiple eMule mods with each own preferences but 1 and only config (credits)

Onlinesignature - Nice program for making unique graphic file with eMule stats for website or forum signature (unfortunately not on Slyck :( )

Thats it for now but there is plenty more of it.
Feel free to add anything interesting :wink:
nikt

Postby IceCube » Tue May 23, 2006 10:53 am

Cool! If the lists starts building up, maybe it could be a sticky :)
IceCube

Postby nikt » Wed May 24, 2006 12:17 pm

Little update :wink:

emulewatch

EmuleWatch is a restarter for up to 100 programs. It can also close userdefined errorboxes and netmessageboxes. Furthermore EmuleWatch does backups of the Emulesystem and -temp files.

hashmonitor

Hash Monitor sits in your system tray, monitoring the availability of your releases at set intervals, letting you know when they are low on sources. Nobody wants a reply to their release post asking for a re-seed of the files, and using Hash Monitor can help keep you informed.

enutile

eNutile is an application that periodically sends information about your eMule sessions to a specified email address.
nikt

Re: eMule Tools

Postby Ratt » Wed May 24, 2006 2:16 pm

nikt wrote:- the most usefull for handling "dissapearing" downloaded files after system crash / hard reset

Years ago when I was still using Windows 98 on old computers, this used to happen once in a while. On XP, though, I've never had this happen even once.

- for restarting eMule in case of program crash

Progrunner

My emule never crashes, but what I do experience once a month is that the uploads crap out. I'm still properly connected and everything, there are still people in my queue, but I'm not getting any uploads whatsoever.

Do you think these apps might correct that problem?

Premule - free preview tool for eMule

Not needed, however, if you've got preview configured as outlined on the official site, using VLC.

Client Credits - Xmans utility for viewing and editing clients.met file

Is this to get rid of certain users' credit? Why would you want to do that? (I mean, real offenders are banned by Emule itself anyway)
Ratt

Postby nikt » Wed May 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Ratt wrote:

Years ago when I was still using Windows 98 on old computers, this used to happen once in a while. On XP, though, I've never had this happen even once.

Yet it does happen , even on XP , though I never experienced it myself. After spending over a year helping via emule help irc channell I`ve seen this problem numerous times.

My emule never crashes, but what I do experience once a month is that the uploads crap out. I'm still properly connected and everything, there are still people in my queue, but I'm not getting any uploads whatsoever.

Looks like a job for eMule Defibrillator :D

Not needed, however, if you've got preview configured as outlined on the official site, using VLC.

Yes there is no better player than Vlc and it`s also recomended for preview in eMule and I recomend it myself, but I like premule anyway , mainly because it allows to preview (or rather prehear :P ) mp3 files.It does nothing more than putting all existing pieces of files together into a "tempfile" in your emule/temp folder , and you will still use whatever default player you have associated for any particular file .

:idea: You can always try to open file you are downloading manually , even when there is no preview option available inside emule , this does not always work of course.Just check in file details what is .part number of this particular file , go to temp directory , right click xx.part file and choose open with , then choose application you normally would use for that file.

Is this to get rid of certain users' credit? Why would you want to do that? (I mean, real offenders are banned by Emule itself anyway)

It erases 1 byte upload clients , and not seen for very long time clients to avoid overuse of resources because of huge clients.met file.Besides while eMule is capable of banning , real offenders in most cases are not affected. Another purpose of this utility is to have some idea about how you are uploading.
nikt

Postby nikt » Wed May 24, 2006 3:45 pm

Here is something for tinfoil hat lovers :D

Peerguardian

It does exatcly the same what ipfilter inside emule , except it protects you outside emule too and has handy autoupdate feature.

Protowall

This is even more efficient IP blocker which supports more protocols but its installation may be tricky so read manual on homepage carefully.

Blocklist manager

This program allows processing data in order to create a custom IP`s list to block in different formats.

Blocklist converter online

:!: These are not replacements for your firewall , just some additional security measures :!:
nikt

Postby HouseCrowd » Wed May 24, 2006 3:52 pm

Good post nikt!

*sticky-ed*
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby Ratt » Thu May 25, 2006 9:43 am

nikt wrote:It erases 1 byte upload clients , and not seen for very long time clients to avoid overuse of resources because of huge clients.met file.Besides while eMule is capable of banning , real offenders in most cases are not affected. Another purpose of this utility is to have some idea about how you are uploading.

Interesting. Thanks.
Ratt

Re: eMule Tools

Postby Ratt » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:55 pm

This thing is a godsend!

Because of the lack in my area of providers allowing large-volume downloading at an affordable price, I have been forced to switch to a small ADSL company that offers large volume...but with long disconnects every two days. Whenever I'm not home, Emule ends up sitting there doing nada.

I couldn't do without this tool anymore.

EDIT: it would have been a godsend if it didn't start to crash after a while, and keep crashing. :evil: Nuts and bugger!
Ratt

Return to eMule / kad