Slyck Chatbox - And More

SuprNova Moves Towards Decentralization

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby crashuk » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:23 pm

Leiflvr wrote:
LocK wrote:
Leiflvr wrote:Any idea when that'll be btw?

I am 100% about this it going to come out some time in 2005..
crashuk

Postby BigWillyStyle42 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:49 pm

crashuk wrote:
eretan wrote:Crashuk: "user base" size is actually indirectly and inversely related to the speed at which data returns. I say this because, like I said in my last post, the overall up/down ratio of any P2P is one. Technically there's no such thing as a "fast" P2P network and a "slow" P2P network,

Bigger user base will give you better speeds down to have more people shareing for longer..

up/down ratio is never one.. unless every one could upload at the same speed as they download.. Most users on DSL/CABLE have a download speed that is 4 times faster then they upload speed.

Also what makes BT so fast is the smart seeding systems which never uploads the same part more then once till you have uploaded 100% of the file.. All other p2p upload are using Random parts so they end up.. uploading the same part 10-30 times before they get any where close to seeding the file by 100%

Yeah umm no. The network wide upload/download ratio on EVERY NETWORK is 1:1. Every bit of data that is downloaded must be uploaded from somewhere.
BigWillyStyle42

good news

Postby BANNED » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:32 pm

nt
BANNED

Postby Bhavik » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:04 pm

Well that is why we have http://www.nforce.nl, http://www.vcdquality.com to know what we are downloading and they filter out all the fakes and tell us if it's nuked and what it's nuked for.
Bhavik

Postby AnTiDeatH » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:32 pm

Well i signed up for the exeem beta and i do have access to the forums. I started looking then tried exeem and for the stuff i download like p2s games and tv episodes havent seen much of it. I do have an extra exeem key because of that e-mail and i might be willing to give up my account or share it with someone else if allowed by suprnova admins. Can u comment on this one lock please?
AnTiDeatH

Postby SJTB » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:02 pm

I can't wait till eXeem comes out
HoLLeR
SJTB

Postby Vampmon » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:38 am

Well, i've tried eXeem, and it's VERY basic, and simple to use, ugly too :) But looks arn't everything.
http://forum.p2pchat.net << Click, Register, Post!
Vampmon

Postby Allied » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:09 am

The fancy graphics havn't been added yet. There's screen shots in the forum, it'll look really nice.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

eXeem beta review and screenshots

Postby simon333 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:07 am

Hey all,

I just posted my review and some screenshots of suprnova's eXeem beta v.15 over at mitosis.com. Here's the link:

http://www.mitosis.com/sections/forum/s ... mber=43166

- Simon

simon333

Postby ratpack91 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:11 am

notbob wrote:
AussieMatt wrote:At least Ants is open source Notbob LOL

so is bittorrent, that's the issue

if the source is closed on a BT derivative, it breaks the GPL, and if they made something new, it isn't BT anymore

Wrong. :shock:
I don't know why you guys keep talking about the GPL, it makes you look ridiculus. Open Source does not mean GPL. BT is released under the MIT license which lets you do whatever the hell you want, including making a closed source derivative and selling it. http://bittorrent.com/FAQ.html
ratpack91

Postby bluester » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:52 pm

The only thing they move forward to is closing.

Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

:cry:
bluester

Postby notbob » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:18 pm

ratpack91 wrote:Wrong. :shock:
I don't know why you guys keep talking about the GPL, it makes you look ridiculus. Open Source does not mean GPL. BT is released under the MIT license which lets you do whatever the hell you want, including making a closed source derivative and selling it. http://bittorrent.com/FAQ.html

depends on which variant they modified

some are GPL on top of MIT, and it makes more sense to start with a more feature rich client and save yourself some work
notbob

Postby Mr_Cynical » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:08 am

Vampmon wrote:Well, i've tried eXeem, and it's VERY basic, and simple to use, ugly too :) But looks arn't everything.

I've yet to find a BT client that isn't ugly
Mr_Cynical

exeem

Postby iamevl » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:00 pm

well rest in peace suprnova.org you will be missed.

exeem sound like a good idea on paper but with the riaa and various other fat cat associations out for p2p blood who says they will stop at 12 year olds and pensioners?if they didnt make things so expensive then demand for cheap or free warez would have less demand and there would not be such a crisis. artists dont care as much as the authorities state since out of the £18 it costs to buy a cd they get around 30p. the likes of simon cowell and other fat cats who swan around the caribean half the year are the cause of piracy and should learn to tighten their belts a bit like most warez pirates have no choice but to do. in the end warez pirates are mostly normal decent people who need a little extra cash to tide them over or to pay their damn taxes which are also extortionate!! piracy will always be a problem so if ya cant beat them ---join them! make things cheaper it only costs 80p to make a cd anyhow! anyway enough of my ranting on, i did have a genuine question which to you torrent gods may sound a bit stupid but then im not a genius in this area! you know what they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!

ok here goes--
it seems to me that they (riaa, mpa, etc) get hold of people through their IP addresses? if this is true why then has someone not developed a programme which will cycle IP addresses. automatically changing addresses a few times a minute. so if they got hold of an IP address it would no longer exist or be assigned to another location thus your defence of its not mine and prove it would stand up? i used to work with a type of digital radio for secure communications which did this on a massive scale cycles of 5,000 frequencies per minute, of course we had to use encryption to syncronise the frequencies but in this day and age these things could be worked out?
any comments?

also where can i get hold of this exeem??
will its release be hastened now due to the demise of the suprnova??
iamevl

Postby porkfork » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:03 am

i think no body can make such a program in cycling ip addresses. Even if they were to, doesnt p2p work by locking onto your peers ip? im pretty noob at this, but thats what i think.

i hope someone will make an ip cycler. That would make everyone more secure.

edit: i would also like to know where i can get a hold of exeem. any care to share? thats what we're all about
porkfork

Postby mp3thief » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:03 am

porkfork wrote:edit: i would also like to know where i can get a hold of exeem. any care to share? thats what we're all about

it's beta right now. and it's full up.
you can get it when it's released
mp3thief

Postby iamevl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:00 pm

hey porkfork thanks for the reply.
i realise that p2p works by locking on to ip addresses which is why i threw in the comment about the synchronisation of ips being a bit of a prob, but in the day and age where you can make digital cameras that fit into buttonholes surely an "IP cycler" as you have so dubbed it would be a cinch?
who knows where p2p will head in the future. the closure of suprnova hasnt stopped it just look at the new site torrentstop which has risen to take its place- not half as good as suprnova but a damn good try!!

looking forward to exeems release!!

also just found a cool program to collate and put in order all my cds and media files in both mp3 and .wav formats. have a look for 'orangecd' from firetongue.com

til next time happy sharing
iamevl

Postby Joe_Rigby » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:12 pm

I love BT. I love P2P. I love everyone. I love being drunk.
Joe_Rigby

Postby iamevl » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:59 am

we love you too joe!
happy new year everyone!! :D
iamevl

Postby lolek74 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:35 am

iamevl wrote:hey porkfork thanks for the reply.
i realise that p2p works by locking on to ip addresses which is why i threw in the comment about the synchronisation of ips being a bit of a prob, but in the day and age where you can make digital cameras that fit into buttonholes surely an "IP cycler" as you have so dubbed it would be a cinch?

It shouldn't be a big problem if not that IP is assigned by your ISP for a time you are on line (dynamic IP). Maybe something like small application that hides or mask :roll:
lolek74

Postby iamevl » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:03 am

it shouldn't be a big problem if not that IP is assigned by your ISP for a time you are on line

true but what about those of us who are always connected?
i use yet abc and have had a port forwarding problem for ever. my abc wont run over 60ks and stuff seems to take forever so i just leave it constantly on. this would make it easy for the authorities to get a grip of me- obviously only if i was a massive warez pirate.
anyway we are all worried about no longer being able to file share stuff like movies- what will happen when blu-ray and HD DVD arrive and put a hold on movie piracy? will the dvd as we know it be eventually phased out??
iamevl

Postby CheapWine » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:49 pm

We love you
and publish allready the dam open version
CheapWine

Postby 1TMF26 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:16 am

Will this program be free...ppl are asking for serials :? I dont really feel like paying for a program that is based on "Shareing" files. All in all i think this will be a great chance to try some thing new, im not saying i dont like BT ive used BT since the beginning of it but its just time to try some thing new. hope its out soon. 8)
1TMF26

Postby poullos » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:31 am

1TMF26 wrote:Will this program be free...ppl are asking for serials :? I dont really feel like paying for a program that is based on "Shareing" files. All in all i think this will be a great chance to try some thing new, im not saying i dont like BT ive used BT since the beginning of it but its just time to try some thing new. hope its out soon. 8)

The serial is used now in private beta stages so that limited trusted users can test it. When the program becomes official no serial will be requested.
¯\(º_o)/¯
poullos

Postby 1TMF26 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:58 am

Thats good :D If it's as good as they say it is im sure it will catch on real quick, and if its any simpler to use than BT im sure we'll get even more people "Shareing" in no time :P
1TMF26

PreviousNext

Return to Slyck News